Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

morals and society

Berry-Bliss-Sundae

(edited)

first of all I want to clarify that this is a topic that, in my opinion, is delicate ... so I want to highlight the fact that it is not suitable for children (if there are any on a page), I also want to highlight that I expect tolerance in the opinions because we are supposed to be adult enough to be respectful to each other, that being said we can begin.

Spoiler

I've noticed lately in social networks (Latin American, I do not know how other countries are with respect to the issue) that talk a lot about the controversial issue of abortion ... recently legalized in Argentina ... but somehow I feel that this is not will do something else to make people to act before thinking ... what do I mean by this?

I will speak from the perspective of Venezuela (where I live), many teenagers get pregnant again and again ... the problem is not pregnancy ... (well, yes if it is taking into account that the body of a teenager is not physically prepared for a pregnancy because their organs are not fully developed and could die) the real problem is that these teenagers do not take into account the economic situation ... in the country there is hunger ... and they get pregnant aborting children, or, if they have them ... leaving them in precarious situations of hunger and lack of hygiene ... some decide to abandon them ... they are things that I think are wrong ... when they could use some contraceptive method that although they are not 100% reliable is very you're unlikely to get pregnant if you take good care of yourself ... a friend has been with her boyfriend for 2 years and she has used a thousand contraceptive methods because she does not want a pregnancy, she says '' it costs me money ... but I do not want to have a child and I do not want to aborting, I think the most sensible solution '' I think that passing the abortion law is not something that will work in Latin America because of the mentality of its people. At the same time I notice lack of intolerance on the part of feminists who are in favor of abortion, in Argentina there was a group of women who went to a church to mock (and burn it) since they had passed the law in Argentina ... they avoided that the church was burned, but it seems to me something unheard of that they pass a law and instead of celebrating it in a peaceful way they come and cause chaos in society ...

I do not know what you think about it ... I may be wrong but really this is an issue that has been overwhelming me because it is the only thing I read and I am angry at the lack of intolerance that exists at a social level ... I do not know what to think ... this is more an outlet, if you want to say something or not, it's fine ... if I offended someone I apologize for it, it's not my intention. :adorkable:

Edited by Berry-Bliss-Sundae

I think that if you consent on having a child you should be prepared for what it takes to take care of one and if you have not consented but you still somehow get pregnant I think abortion is fine since if the parent doesnt even want a child I dont think bringing it to the world is a good option for the parents sake or for the childs sake. though another option is to give the child to some other parents who are willing to take it in but i think that is bit far fetched.

About the society as a whole I dont really think that people should let the society make the desicions for them I mean we can make our own desicions ourselves if the society doesnt like it then its their problem. I think important is that you can be yourself and enjoy it =) So i think its better not to give too much attention to the stuff about society if  you dont feel comfortable doing it

My understanding for high rates of pregnancy in impoverished countries as that the more children you have, the increased chances one will survive to adulthood, and when you can't afford much in entertainment, you do what comes naturally.

Many people think that with the legalization of abortion, comes the abuse of it but this rarely happens. In the process there will likely be an increased access to contraceptives and education so as to avoid getting pregnant or what to do if you become so.

Unfortunately children can't always be put up for adoption in a system that's struggling to feed itself as they're just another unwanted mouth. It's tragic but that's the way things are sometimes. Hopefully things will improve over time and proper child care services will become available to those in need.