Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Should Celestia somehow disappear for a good while?

Dashy 4 Ever

I was thinking if it would be pretty interesting if Celestia just disappeared for a couple episodes and everyone thinks she died or something... But actually she is visiting this King Stallion in another dimension and wants to live with him forever and all the evil enemies take over Equestria. In this case, Twilight and her friends try to glue the pieces in Celestia's disappearance. 

Maybe to make it something like in the movie "Murder on the Orient Express." Or somethink very mysterious. 

Tell me what you think. :twi:

2 hours ago, Sondash Studios said:

But actually she is visiting this King Stallion in another dimension and wants to live with him forever and all the evil enemies take over Equestria. In this case, Twilight and her friends try to glue the pieces in Celestia's disappearance. 

I'm sorry but you kinda lost me there, comrade :mustache:

To answer the thread's question, should Celestia disappear for a while? I guess if Celestia decides that it's what best for her kingdom, to take some sorta break or whatnot, then yeah I guess it would be OK for her to leave for a bit. I'm not sure if it's really in Celestia's nature though to just go someplace without telling anypony, I would think that if she were to leave for someplace, she would at least give Twilight a letter stating her absence so they don't worry about her.  

When ISN'T Celestia disappearing to increase drama?

But seriously, it'd take something perhaps a bit more convoluted & clever to disappear The Big Mare. You don't think she hasn't taken lovers in the past several millennia? Like as not often, since one fling might not only start an entire family line, but an entire town in the hundred year blink of an eye to her. Nah, think Celestia knows well enough that any slight movement on her part immediately reflects into the government of her peaceful society she's crafted. It's why I figure dating would be hard for her. Kind of intimidating to go on a blind date with the leader of the free world!

Not that I don't think it isn't possible. But a small bit of a stretch though. I mean... like... r-really, can you imagine there being an episode that implies that just simply removing the "Princesses" and heads of states is all it takes for just one villain to gain complete, and full control over the entire world as a whole?! Not... that there's any particular two-parter episodes I have a vendetta against, or anything.  *sound of teeth grinding*

In my opinion she doesn't seem present enough in the show already, so if she were to disappear my reaction would be a little hopeless to the fact that "she's gone? TWICE?" While she hasn't disappeared, it just seems unnecessary for her to leave when she has more potential being included.

Though King Stallion sounds like a pretty chill dude, I'm not sure. Celestia already disappeared as part of a plot point in the show's pilot, was kidnapped as part of a plot point in the Season 4 premiere, and disappeared to meet King Sombra's alternate universe self as part of a plot point in the Reflections arc of the comics. Not saying it's a bad idea, I'm sure the execution of it would be fine. I'm just saying it's kind of treading over old ground. Also, Murder on the Orient Express is something I'm sure they already parodied with MMMystery on the Friendship Express. ^_^

• 3 years later...