Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the least amount of sleep you've gotten?

Not here anymore

None.

I multiple times slept once within 2 days; like

Wake up -> go to work -> get back home -> ( no sleep at all ) -> go to work the next day -> get back home -> sleep at last

But heh I'm not as pro as @Jeric, as my record is about 38 hours without sleep. (Usually around 35 hrs multiple times)

19 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

Next time, I will try to drug myself out on NyQuil. 7 hour flights are boring :maud: 

14 hours from Sydney to Dubai, then another 7 to London :maud: :maud: :maud: 

I pulled a 23 hour shift of work (two jobs back to back) and dozed off for about a second whilst sitting on the back step of a cement truck

• Brohoof 2

I've had nights where I've barely gotten 3 hours sleep. I think there was even a period once where I stayed up for almost 48 hours straight due to a bad case of insomnia.

Law School 1st Sem Shiftings/Exams...I went 3 Days without Sleep...My Body powered Solely by Monster Energy...O_O

I started getting kind of crazy and emotional at that point...

• Brohoof 1

Well, there was one point in time where I had to go through a sleep deprivation test. That is to say, I didn't sleep at all one night... :please:

I had to undergo said test due to a pretty bad moment of orthostatic hypotension that I experienced, so they wanted to be sure there wasn't anything serious going on. The test required that I don't sleep one night, so they could monitor my brain activity while I slept in the doctor's office. Unfortunately, I didn't even fall asleep then; I was pretty much just laying down...

In other words, I once went 26 hours without any sleep whatsoever. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes back when I was in high school. Funny thing; didn't have much of an effect on me. My 32-year old self can't do it that well these days, though I handle late nights MUCH better than my coworkers. :nom:

Still, I do have a specific goal in life to watch the entirety of the 24 Hours of Le Mans live...and I almost did one night...stupid fatigue. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

I've often gone all night without sleep and had very active days afterward. I like to sleep but if I have something to do I just do it anyway and don't worry about the fatigue. As long as I stay active I seldom notice the effects of sleeplessness. Once I slow down though, I crash.

About two years ago I got a serious bacterial infection. It was causing me to shake so much that I couldn't sleep since I was rattling the bed so badly. It was a four day adventure till I went to the hospital, only "sleep" was two short blackouts. It was pretty awful. 

In terms of time elapsed without sleep at a single time, I guess it's been about 48 hours, more or less, when I was helping my brother move some fixtures into his business. I often go for long stretches around Christmastime without much sleep.  

• 4 months later...

What is sleep? Even when im in bed, i somehow keep my eyes open and lucidly dream out loud. One time, i went on a personal video game playing spree for three days straight without sleeping or even eating, then i had a huge lunch with leftovers from the meals my family ate at that time.