Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Books and Comics?

burlynide

I've never read any of the books myself, but if I could recommend three comics from out outside of my personal biases, I would go with:

1. FIENDship is Magic #1 - King Sombra
---------This tale is a tragic one, and it brilliantly sets up another arc. It gives backstory to a villain and some meaning to his existence.

2. Friends Forever #29 - Rarity and Maud Pie
---------While the buildup doesn't seem all that special, the eventual payoff is just SO satisfying. It all adds up to be the best of the FF series.

3. Friendship is Magic #9-10 - Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair
---------Not amongst my favorites, but this one is held in high esteem for good reason. A great look into the mind of Big Mac himself, and it's quite a ride.

On 6/26/2018 at 11:09 PM, PathfinderCS said:

I've never read any of the books myself, but if I could recommend three comics from out outside of my personal biases, I would go with:

1. FIENDship is Magic #1 - King Sombra
---------This tale is a tragic one, and it brilliantly sets up another arc. It gives backstory to a villain and some meaning to his existence.

2. Friends Forever #29 - Rarity and Maud Pie
---------While the buildup doesn't seem all that special, the eventual payoff is just SO satisfying. It all adds up to be the best of the FF series.

3. Friendship is Magic #9-10 - Zen and the Art of Gazebo Repair
---------Not amongst my favorites, but this one is held in high esteem for good reason. A great look into the mind of Big Mac himself, and it's quite a ride.

Thank you for taking time to share some books that you know. I will take note of those comics.

There's a lot of good Friends Forever comics, one of the more consistently stronger lines in the comic's run. FF#36 witn RD/Soarin is still my favorite of the run, but I also highly recommend Rarity/Babs(FF#13), Spike/Celestia(FF#3), RD/Spitfire(FF#12), Twilight/Pinkie(FF#11), AJ/Mayor Mare(FF#15), AJ and Fluttershy(FF#23), and Rarity/Gilda(FF#24)

• 2 weeks later...

I think so far, my favorite ones are: the second volume of Legends of Magic, The Journal of the Two Sisters, and Ponyville Mysteries: Riddle of the Rusty Horseshoe 

• Brohoof 1