Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

critique wanted Naming an OC's parents

Ganaram Inukshuk

Previously I needed help on an OC's children, now I need help on the same OC's parents.

Scan0005.thumb.jpg.57aead61d0c0cffe882d58fe4a3fcd72.jpg

My brother suggested Trisha and Bentley, so I'll use those as codenames hereafter.

• Trisha - Left character (Gem's mom):
    • Occupation: undecided; architect or contractor; maybe even accountant but would require a different cutie mark
    • Colour scheme: undecided, too
  • Gem - Centre character (described already in link above) but depicted as a young filly; already established
  • Bentley - Right character (Gem's dad):
    • Colour scheme: Blue-yellow-black, possibly; yellow-black is used to make something flamboyant, especially on heavy machinery and painted as diagonal stripes; blue because (for my purposes) it's a subset of black
      • Side note: I personally think that yellow and white were once seen as one colour, whereas blue and black were also seen as its own colour, hence why white-black, yellow-black, white-blue, and yellow-blue colour combinations look so striking.
    • I originally proposed Cogwheel, but I got stuck at a last name
  • Bonus round: what last names should both characters have so that if you merge them together, you get the last name "Inukshuk"?
    • Note: I'm talking about a portmanteau-style merge; mixing the letters (like an anagram) but not using all the letters may also work

Other notes:

• If I go with having Trisha being an architect, I'd imagine Bentley working on the very building Trisha designed (IE, delivering construction materials, proving the actual machinery)
  • I've not decide how this would affect young Gem, though; both parents being this busy would lead to her being all alone at times, and I'm not sure I want that to be happening all the time
  • I've added the "critique wanted" tag since I'd like critique on the actual design aspect; Bentley's cutie mark, I like already; not so much Trisha's. Trisha's overall design, I also like, but I'm a little unsure about Bentley's.

16 hours ago, Totally An Admirer said:

Trisha Bills [I dunno but if she's an accountant then maybe...] Trisha Mane-Project [Just pops in my mind...]

Blently Mechorse  [Heavy Machinery, right?] 

Hmm, I should clarify: I never mentioned I wanted to use the names Trisha and Bentley; I just wanted to see if there were any better names than that.

Sorry about that.

Just now, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Hmm, I should clarify: I never mentioned I wanted to use the names Trisha and Bentley; I just wanted to see if there were any better names than that.

Sorry about that.

Oh. Okay then I'll see what other names I can offer.

Build Blocks (Name for Gem's mother if she's an architect)

Gears Wheel (Gem's dad)

Cutie marks

Maybe a building design blueprints (For Gem's mother)

Two interconnected gears (For Gem's father)