Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Renewal of an Age

DarkArtificer

(edited)

This is the Out-Of-Character thread for Renewal of an AgeHere, things will be discussed, plans made, and ideas formed. Expect this topic to be expanded as more information becomes available and the roleplay progressions. This roleplay is structured between a Tabletop RP and an Advanced RP, though it leans toward the latter. As such, it will be found in the Advanced Roleplay section, although a link is provided.

New Members: Potential new players must submit the characters they will play as in this thread, after having read this to get an understanding of this adventure as well as how it will be structured.

Time Period: This story is set within an almost entirely AU timeline. As such, many of the events happening in the series will not happen here. As for the current time period, this is set after the events of the Changeling Invasion; disregard the events of all episodes past that.

Information: Sometimes, information the characters do not know will be said inside messages. This is for players to keep in mind, though their actions can not be built around this knowledge.

Important: Wording is everything in this adventure. The way you word your message will decide whether the plans fails horribly or succeeds perfectly. Think before you post!

Current Players: 

Alex Van Gamer- Alex Van Gamer

Loud Opinion- Blue Thorn

Jedishy- Winter Bolt

Strong Copper- Strong Copper

woodchunks66- Survivor Hoof

Link to the Roleplay Thread: Here!

Edited by DarkArtificer
Expanding
  • Brohoof 1

@DarkArtificer, Hey I can't help but notice that you seemed to have skipped the ride to the Galla. Should we assume that we were silent during the trip? That would work out well for me, but I would ask the other players if that's how their character would act, and maybe edit the intro so it says that our carriage is on its way or stopping to pick up its first guest.

@Loud Opinion First, don't worry about tagging me. I receive a notification each time someone replies to this topic. Though, I will tag you in direct replies.

Onto your concern, the ride to the Castle was not very long. Each character arrived separately to the city as Alex came from Ponyville, Thorn from his home, Winter Bolt from Manehattan, and Copper from his travels. As such, they only had around five minutes to speak as the carriage-pullers had to move fast to go between the train station, city gates, and the palace gates.

Also, take into account that all four have never met each other, although some may have seen another (such as Copper, a traveler, having possibly seen Alex in Ponyville). Conversation would have been light, and, truthfully, nothing more than pleasantries.

No need. You already explained it well enough with his tendency to forget minor information. Even then, if I'm the one who makes a mistake, don't worry about altering your posts. I'll simply roll with it; something I have experience with as I'm a DM among my D&D party. Please call me out on any mistakes I may make, though, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Notice: From this point forward, the characters may split up, or they may remain together. I'll be replying to each one as a unit, so there's no need to wait for me to bring the attention to your character. Simply say what your character has done, and I'll reply, making it clear it is for your character. 

• Brohoof 1

@Jedishy Did Winter actually ask the question or was he preparing to? It was made unclear with the ellipses at the end.

If you character says something, try using dialogue so others know it was said out loud and not merely thought.

Ok, Ill make sure to do that from now on. He was preparing to ask it. He is a bit nervous in crowds so he was working up to it and I was leaving you the option for you to have Luna, a guard, or some suprise pony etc to step in and speak first or to let him speak up. 

@woodchunks66 Read the 'New Members' section near the top, follow the link, and the submit your character there. I'll review it and, if your character will fit for this adventure (which it probably will), you'll be entered. 

I'm glad you asked now and not much later. This is still the opening scene of the roleplay.

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, DarkArtificer said:

@woodchunks66 Read the 'New Members' section near the top, follow the link, and the submit your character there. I'll review it and, if your character will fit for this adventure (which it probably will), you'll be entered. 

I'm glad you asked now and not much later. This is still the opening scene of the roleplay.

Awesome thanks for considering!

Just now, DarkArtificer said:

@woodchunks66 Feel free to go ahead and post what your character does at the gate! Just because the story is focused on Winter Bolt right now doesn't you need to wait, you can post and I'll reply, making it clear who the reply is for.

YES SIR!

@Jedishy I'm rather glad this story is AU. If it wasn't, Winter's backstory would not have been possible. Without the AU, Luna would have been on the moon a decade and a half ago. That could have put a damper on the story. :D

@woodchunks66 Just to clarify, Survivor wouldn't be able to see Princess Luna and Winter Bolt at this point. They are in another section of the Castle, in one of the gardens. Survivor and Princess Celestia are in front of the main gates, a couple dozen feet from the front doors of the palace.

@woodchunks66 It's all good. Honest mistakes will be made. Just try to read all messages, even the ones not involving your character. Not only does it give you a better understanding of what is happening, it lets you keep in mind where everyone is at in case something happens.

• Brohoof 1

Okay, everyone. Good night. I'm heading to sleep as it is 12:35 AM where I live. Go ahead and makes any posts you need to make and I'll reply to them in the morning when I awaken.

Out of curiosity, what time is it for everyone else?

• Brohoof 1