Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Renewal of an Age

DarkArtificer

I think, for the Advanced Roleplay minimum, the character limit is actually 800. I've noticed a few times that ~750 didn't work, but 870 did. Try being more descriptive of facial expressions and social cues. Some people talk with their hands; does Thorn talk with his hooves? Some speak rhetorically, others like employing metaphors and other figurative language. Dialogue helps character count a lot and is relatively easy to write. Another sentence or two might bring you past the limit. This message right here is a little under 550 characters.

(edited)

Yeah, the Advanced Roleplay section is called as such simply because it requires messages to be more descriptive, which is a very important point in the way I run roleplays. There are always way to make a response better, either by rewording it or by adding more to it.

Edited by DarkArtificer

Currently, Luna, Celestia, and Cadence are the only Princesses. As it is, I'm not sure if Twilight will become a Princess. This is set a few months after the Canterlot Wedding Invasion. Everything before that has happened in this story, with some AU changes. One such example is Princess Luna returning almost two decades ago, rather than a year at most.

Ok hmmmm. I was thinking of Winter Bolt needing to learn the lesson of friendship like Twilight because of his parents upbringing leading to the vagabond lifestyle he has lived. As such like ive mentioned he tends to flee when he makes mistakes and thus is not close to anypony. So that would make learning that lesson a good character development point for him. And Twilight would be a perfect plot point to guide or nudge or whatever along that path. Any ideas with that? Because she does not have the be the princess of friendship to do that. But I am not sure how much she has learned at this point about that lesson. 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, DarkArtificer said:

Twilight is still studying friendship, so it would work. She just isn't the Princess of Friendship.

Ok, that is what I was thinking but I wanted to make sure before I fleshed out the rest of my post. Would Twilight be at the Gala or famous enough at this point for Winter Bolt to have heard of her? I am just trying to figure out how they might meet etc. 

Basically, my post is leaning towards the idea that Winter is just clear enough about his flaws that he knows he cant be a lone pony any more and wants to learn about friendship. So he takes the job near Ponyville in order to learn about friendship as well as to fulfill his dream of working with the weather. 

Edited by Jedishy

Apologies, I made the mistake of replying without fully reading your earlier message. Up to this point, she's learned everything up to the Wedding Invasion, plus several more lessons in the following years. I'm not too familiar with the earlier episodes so I can't specify what lessons she's learned.

At this point; Twilight and the other Elements are rather well-known. Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Chrysalis have all happened, as well as Sombra. Most of Equestria know of them, though not many know them. This was shone a little when Fire Brand, the Bartender, mentioned Fluttershy.

Ok so that just leaves the questions:

Is she at the Gala? Is any of the Mane six? 

If not any ideas on arranging the meeting?

Should they even meet at the Gala? 

Once I know that I can type out my response and we can roll naturally from there. 

In order;

Twilight and her friends are at the Gala. They attend every year, allowing ponies to meet the ones who saved the world on several occasions.

Not applicable since they are at the Gala.

That's entirely up to you. I have the main plot, several plans in play, and a few miscellaneous things going on here or there. The rest is improv, something any DM, whether it stands for Dungeon Master or Directional Manager, quickly learns to become skilled at.

• Brohoof 1

I hope it is alright with you that I decided to make one of the weird effects that Pink Royal has on magic users is that it causes them to experience some of the buried deep emotions of the Two Sisters while they were brewing it. For those curious, the statement 'My shoes are to tight. But that doesn't matter, for I have forgotten how to dance...' is a saying that's meant to convey getting so caught up in the trappings of society, social expectations and responsibilities that one can no longer find enjoyment out of life... or even have a life outside of the things forced upon them to live.

@DarkArtificer