Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If They Could Find A Way To Make It Official, How Do You See The Writing Staff Making Sparity (Spike x Rarity) A Reality (Without Teases)

bwrosas

In other words, (for the sake of argument) let's say they decide, that enough teasing of this ship has happened, and they want to go and make this ship a reality, how do you see them approaching it?

In other words, if you were on the writing staff, and you were tasked with the job of coming up and writing a story for episode that finally made Rarity x Spike (Sparity) official , how would you go about it?

Let's hear what you have to say on the matter. :)

The short answer? It probably would never happen.

Why?

Well a few reasons:

• At this late in the show we have already seen season 8 has no plans of this, and trying to throw it together in the final season will feel rushed and cheap.
  • Mental age difference. Rarity is clearly mentally more of an adult than Spike who is in fact a "baby" dragon.
  • We've seen how big Spike can actually get, it simply wouldn't work.
  • Spike's crush on Rarity has been downplayed quite a bit since season 1, it's seldom even mentioned now.

At this late in the show I don't think it's a good idea to do it, if it was meant to be done it would have been in place by now.

If they started doing it It could be possible with time skips and stuff like that  though I don't really see that fitting in the flow of the show so it's probably for the best to leave it the way it is

I highly highly doubt it due to it being..... hate to say it but pedophilia and it would just be odd and quite frankly not in the shows nature (imo) also as people have already said it is too late into the show for it to happen MAYBE in G5 (Thats if it take place a decade or two into the future but i still highly doubt it)

• 4 weeks later...

No. I don’t like that pairing myself. Perhaps if he was aged up. I’m not really sure how much of a “baby” dragon he really is though. He seems to be just as mature as all the ponies.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here's a better question: how is Spike gonna end the crush? That's more likely to happen!

Edit: Oh woops, I already responded to this post! XD

Edited by MegaSean45

I hope Spike and Rarity never become a thing. Spike is constantly disrespected by Rarity, his love is constantly brushed off as a joke, Rarity never accepts his love and uses his love for her to make him her personal slave. Spike deserves someone better, like Sweetie Belle, somepony closer to his own age.

5 hours ago, Wonderbolt Slipstream said:

I hope Spike and Rarity never become a thing. Spike is constantly disrespected by Rarity, his love is constantly brushed off as a joke, Rarity never accepts his love and uses his love for her to make him her personal slave. Spike deserves someone better, like Sweetie Belle, somepony closer to his own age.

That's a very mean thing to say about Rarity. Spike not a slave. Slavery is doing something against your will. And Spike is most certainly doing all that stuff of his own will. Rarity using him like that's just nonsense.

As for the OP, well, I've read some decent fan fiction that could work.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:04 AM, Key Sharkz said:

The short answer? It probably would never happen.

Why?

Well a few reasons:

• At this late in the show we have already seen season 8 has no plans of this, and trying to throw it together in the final season will feel rushed and cheap.
  • Mental age difference. Rarity is clearly mentally more of an adult than Spike who is in fact a "baby" dragon.
  • We've seen how big Spike can actually get, it simply wouldn't work.
  • Spike's crush on Rarity has been downplayed quite a bit since season 1, it's seldom even mentioned now.

At this late in the show I don't think it's a good idea to do it, if it was meant to be done it would have been in place by now.

Yep, I'm with you on that. Spike himself had strayed from Rarity and went others like Skellinore, but even that didn't happen. My perfect guess is for Spike to be paired with Smolder. She's also a dragon and can easily relate to Spike in every way, even though Spike is still young (physically-wise, not mentally-wise). As for Spike becoming big again, who knows if he's taught how to control himself and let nature take course for him to gradually mature.