• Samsung
    • Apple
    • ZTE
    • LG
    • Google Pixel
    • Alcatel
    • Motorola
    • Something else: State what

Ever since I switched to touch screen smartphones I've had iPhones and they've been a-okay to me. I don't know much about phones and wouldn't feel 'safe' going for anything else. I know that's silly, but to be honest, the iPhone already does pretty much everything I could ever want in a cell phone and more. Looking into other brands would require researching something that I frankly don't care about because the iPhone already does more than enough.

The only problem I've had with decisions made with iPhones as of late was firstly an iOS update they did back in 2015 (IIRC. It couldn't have been any earlier) where they messed up the music app and have never fixed it. With old iPhones and iPods shuffling was done right, where it would shuffle through your entire library/playlist before repeating any songs (it even gave you a number of where it was in the library like 2 of 406 or something like that), but with that iOS update and beyond shuffling became messed up and now when trying it, I'll hear the same song played twice within an hour even though the playlist has like 500 different songs. How could you mess up something so great, Apple? I also notice that iTunes does this same crap and has for years.

The second is that in recent iPhone models I hear they've removed the headphone jack. What in the world? It's these kinds of changes that will make me want to research for a new phone brand, TBH. Although the thing is I don't know that the competition is any better in those regards.

My phone is an Android, a Droid Turbo to be precise. I really like it as I've had no trouble with it and I've had it for four or five years now. It has a decent battery life and charges fast, It takes great pictures and it has an easy-to-use user interface. Personally it's all I would want in a phone and I don't plan on parting with it anytime soon. :proud:  

• Brohoof 1

All my smartphones have been Iphones. I had a samsung tablet and was it slow. Took like 2 minutes to boot up....switching to apps took 3-5 minutes....powering off took 4 minutes. Ever since then I had a disdain of anything Android....though, i did give them another shot 2 years ago with a jelly bean build of android. Still was kinda wonky to use.

I have the iphone x now and so far it just irritates me. I can type pretty fast, and the touchscreen can not keep up with me. Plus the screen auto rotates at the weirdest angle.....to be completely honest, i buy smartphones based on how shiny they are and what i can do with them when uber bored >.<

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Porsh said:

I remember everyone losing their minds over the how thin the Razr was, and then realizing how crap it actually was. We've come a looong way in technology since.

I'd take a thin phone over a chunky brick friendo.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Baymax said:

I'd take a thin phone over a chunky brick friendo.

And I'd rather have something that works really well (LG VX8300 for example) than something that was considered a fashion item in it's time.

Just now, Porsh said:

And I'd rather have something that works really well (LG VX8300 for example) than something that was considered a fashion item in it's time.

It did it's job..I made calls, sent a text message..that's all that matters.

• 3 weeks later...

I have no particular preference for phones. What I have is a $60 Samsung, but I don't use it for a phone, rather a wifi media device, though I do use it for Skype too. I personally see no point in any really expensive device.