Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Race to the Very End (1 x 1 between Dynamo Pad and Emerald<3)

Dynamo Pad

12 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3

Dynamo closed his eyes to think for a moment as she said her nickname. "Hmm...to be honest, I don't think I've ever heard of anypony by that nickname. Maybe you know of a pony that was a unicorn, but couldn't use his magic?" He said, before slowly raising his hoof up into the air. "That would have been me a long time ago. You see, when I was born the doctor's had talked to my parents. They said that my horn was a birth defect and that I would probably be unable to ever use magic. I was always picked on at school by this bully named Cosmic Clown. He was the type of pony that wouldn't like other pony's for their kindness and friendship." He opened his eyes and looked sorrowfully towards the ground. "He always tried to make himself the greatest and strongest at the school. I was last in my class to gain a cutie mark, so he used that as fuel to pick on me." He looked to her and gave her a smile. "It was okay, though. In the end, I was able to stand up to him and I gained my magic and cutie mark because of it." He says as he looked down and pointed to the video game controller on his flank.

"I'm really sorry that other ponies gave you that type of nickname. You don't look like a space cadet to me. To be honest, you sound like a pretty awesome pony, in my opinion." He said with a honest and heartfelt smile. He chuckled at how enthusiastic she was being, while explaining about her mark. "That's actually pretty interesting. I've never taken astronomy before, but it sounds pretty cool. I guess there are other parts of the world that had Roman and Greek Ponies. It makes you wonder if they had their own way of living like we do in Equestria. We follow Princess Celestia, Luna and the other Princesses, as well. I wonder if they had some to look up to, since you said their Gods were named after planets." He said while feeling pretty fascinated about the subject. "My talent is my love and passion for video games. I can also do something unique when it comes to video games. You see, whenever my talent and/or magic activates and I throw a punch or a kick, then the character I play as does that as well. I don't even have to move the controller to make it happen. I can make the character move in ways that's not possible in a regular game." He said while trying to come up with another question for the mare next to him. "Is there any questions that you'd like to ask, Ursa? Since we are on a journey, I thought it'd be nice for us to get to know each other more."

"So, you get a workout while you are playing videogames? How convenient,I might say." She cracked a smile, "I don't particularly have any questions for you. No offence, Dynamo Pad." Ursa shook her head in apology, "I am not very gifted in conversation making....look!" She shouted, trotting ahead, "There! Its over there! Past that rock, oh my goodness I do believe we've found it! Let's go!" She ran ahead, but stopped at the edge when she saw the water.

"Oh, Goodness." The unicorn said, "Um...would you mind getting it? I should probably stay here. Y'know, as a lookout."

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Emerald<3

"You could kind of say that." He chuckled a bit, before returning the smile. "I've had to really build up my stamina, since playing with actually moving is no cakewalk. You become physically tired, so I had to do stamina training to be able to use said magic." He smiled in understanding and waves his hoof to her. "It's none taken, Ursa. Also, you don't have to call me by my full name. You're my friend and my friend's call me Dynamo." He smiled and nodded in agreement. "I know what you mean. I'm not the best when it comes to conversation or breaking the ice." He was about to continue, but was stopped as she began trotting over towards a lake. He quickens his pace as he was right on her heel. He looks over to the sparkling object in question and grins. "I think you're right. I guess whoever stole the gem must have dropped it on accident." He said as he began making his way into the water.

He saw the object was close to the shore of the lake. He almost could hear the sound of hesitation in her voice, but chose not to worry about it. He nods in agreement. "Okay and sounds like a plan." He wades through the water and leans down, so he could pick up the gem. After a solid minute, he stood back up with the object in his possession. He quickly makes his way back to shore and walks up to Ursa. "I can't believe this is it. Check the map to see if this is what we are looking for. I think Princess Celestia gave us a reference pic of the orb and ruby." He said while holding the item out for Ursa to see. 

@Dynamo Pad

As he was speaking, a older and much more threatening stallion snuck up behind Dynamo. He had a scruffy beard and a spiked piercing in his left ear, and Ursa could tell already that he was no good. Two other ponies joined him by his side, and they were just as equally frightening as the first.

"Thanks for leadin' us to it." The bearded stallion said, inching closer to Ursa's new friend, "You've been doin' some good." He reached closer and took a swing at Dynamo Pad, but Ursa was faster. She pushed her friend to the side and snarled at the enemy. He laughed and ran over to her, a look of pleasure in his eyes.

But Ursa didn't move.

He was inches away from her.

Ursa didn't move.

He was so, so, close to her.

She moved.

"Buck you!" She screeched, raising her hind legs and kicking him into the water. But not before he grabbed her.

Holding the mare tight, he dragged her down into the water with him. His hooves slipped after a few seconds, but Ursa just kept sinking.

Her eyes closed, her body temperature dropped.

This is the end.

(edited)

@Emerald<3

Dynamo gave a confused look to Ursa, who had a look of concern and worry on her face. He was about to ask her what was wrong, but his ears perked as he heard a voice from behind him. He quickly turned around to see a stallion with a scruffy beard with a spiked piercing in his left ear. Dynamo was surprised as the stallion was about to punch the blue unicorn, but grunted as Ursa pushed him away. He hit the ground and grunted slightly, but tried to get up quickly as he saw that there were two more cohorts with what he assumed, was their leader. He watched as Ursa had kicked him into the water, but not before grabbing onto her and pulling her under. Dynamo gasped as he saw his friend being pulled into the murky depths. "Ursa!" He called out to her and was about to go to her, but he was stopped by the two cohorts.

Dynamo grunted at the two before running right at them. "Don't you dare get in my way!" He yelled as he used a teleportation spell to slip past them. He took a deep breath and quickly dove into the lake. He squinted his eyes as the lower he went, the darker the surroundings had become. He used a light spell to help brighten the area as he saw the leader swim back up to the surface. Dynamo noticed, but didn't pay any attention to him, as he was worried about his friend. As he finally found Ursa, he became very concerned as her body had touched the lake bottom. He made his way to her and held her in his arms. 'Ursa...please hold on.' He placed his hoofs upon her cheeks and brought her face to his. He placed his lips upon her, while giving her a bit of his air. He knew that it wouldn't be enough, but hoped that it would buy them both some time. He kicked off from the lake bottom as he swam up to the surface, with Ursa in his arms. He felt himself slowly running out of air, but he was just about to hit the surface.

As he broke the surface, Dynamo gasped as he felt air returning into his lungs. He coughed a sputtered, but he was doing his best to keep the both of them afloat. He swam over to the other side and made sure Ursa was on land, before dragging himself out of the water. He turned back to the three who had hurt Ursa and narrowed his eyes. "What do you three want with us, huh!?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

7 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3

Dynamo gave a confused look to Ursa, who had a look of concern and worry on her face. He was about to ask her what was wrong, but his ears perked as he heard a voice from behind him. He quickly turned around to see a stallion with a scruffy beard with a spiked piercing in his left ear. Dynamo was surprised as the stallion was about to punch the blue unicorn, but grunted as Ursa pushed him away. He hit the ground and grunted slightly, but tried to get up quickly as he saw that there were two more cohorts with what he assumed, was their leader. He watched as Ursa had kicked him into the water, but not before grabbing onto her and pulling her under. Dynamo gasped as he saw his friend being pulled into the murky depths. "Ursa!" He called out to her and was about to go to her, but he was stopped by the two cohorts.

Dynamo grunted at the two before running right at them. "Don't you dare get in my way!" He yelled as he used a teleportation spell to slip past them. He took a deep breath and quickly dove into the lake. He squinted his eyes as the lower he went, the darker the surroundings had become. He used a light spell to help brighten the area as he saw the leader swim back up to the surface. Dynamo noticed, but didn't pay any attention to him, as he was worried about his friend. As he finally found Ursa, he became very concerned as her body had touched the lake bottom. He made his way to her and held her in his arms. 'Ursa...please hold on.' He placed his hoofs upon her cheeks and brought her face to his. He placed his lips upon her, while giving her a bit of his air. He knew that it wouldn't be enough, but hoped that it would buy them both some time. He kicked off from the lake bottom as he swam up to the surface, with Ursa in his arms. He felt himself slowly running out of air, but he was just about to hit the surface.

As he broke the surface, Dynamo gasped as he felt air returning into his lungs. He coughed a sputtered, but he was doing his best to keep the both of them afloat. He swam over to the other side and made sure Ursa was on land, before dragging himself out of the water. He turned back to the three who had hurt Ursa and narrowed his eyes. "What do you three want with us, huh!?"

"The orb." The scruffy-beareded stallion said, "We know you have it. And you two are going to give it to us."

Ursa coughed, "Sorry gentleman, we cannot do that."

She pulled herself to her feet and stared at them, "I pride myself on being quite the thinker. And therefore, I would suggest you would try the same when following somepony. You might have fooled him, but not me."

"You mean to tell me...you led us to the wrong place...on purpose?"

"Not all stars shine in the sky." Ursa responded, "Please don't follow us. It's quite rude."

Then she turned around and left.

( I g2g. Ttyl)?

@Emerald<3

Dynamo panted as he continued to regain his breath after the previous situation. He charged up his magic in preparation for a laser spell, but he stopped as he heard Ursa coughing. He turned around to check on her, but sighed in relief as she began to stand on her feet. "Ursa! You're okay." He said happily, before turning his attention back on the scruffy-bearded stallion. "What makes you think we have some orb. We were just out in the forest because my friends told me of a lake for us to go swimming. You should be ashamed of yourselves to attack us without getting to know something. I found a pretty stone that I wanted to give to my friend."

He nodded alongside Ursa as he turned around and followed behind her. "Next time, try not to be complete stalkers, okay. You three are just being plain rude and disrespectful." He made his way over to her and asked "Do you think that fooled them enough for us to leave?" He whispered to her to make sure that they weren't being followed.

@Dynamo Pad

"I wouldn't put it past them." She answered in a whisper, "Sometimes, we can desire something so important we force our way through every obstacle." She suddenly grabbed him and pulled Dynamo into a hug, a tight one, I might add.

"I'm just so relieved you are alright. I am so sorry, I should have told you I was acting. Oh, and I definitely should have told you I couldn't swim. I was just trying to protect you, and I wasn't quite aware of my surroundings. I should have been more careful."

Ursa smiled at her new friend, "You are a very kind pony, Dynamo. That is an important quality to have when making friends, so I've seen."

@Emerald<3

Dynamo reluctantly nodded as she told them that they might see them again. "I just wonder what they want the ruby for? They seemed desperate to get their hooves on it." He whispers and nods once again. "That's true. When you see a sale for something at a store, you push your way through everypony else to get what you want." He was surprised at first when he felt Ursa pulled him into a tight hug. However, he returned the tight embrace as he could feel tears were welling up in his eyes.

"I should be the one to say that. I'm just so glad that you're okay. I...I thought I lost you back there. When I saw you sank all the way to the bottom of the lake bed, I wanted to do everything in my ability to save you." He pulls back from the hug to wipe the stray tears that had fallen. "When were you acting? Did you mean back when we had to fool those three?" He whispered softly, so they wouldn't be heard as they kept walking. "I'm glad that you told me, instead of not telling me at all. Maybe if there's more water around, I can teach you. Swimming is fun, in my opinion. Plus, it's just in case something happens again, then you'll be prepared to swim." He says, before smiling and continuing. "Thank you and I really appreciate you protecting me. Just know, that I'll always protect you, as well. It was also a spur of the moment, so we didn't have time to think when they showed up."

Dynamo chuckled and pulled Ursa into another hug. "Thank you and I always try to be kind. You're really smart, brave and a loyal friend, Ursa. I think those are other important qualities, when having and making friends." He pulls back from the hug as the two continue walking on. He notices something off into the distance. "I think we're getting to the clearing of the forest. I guess we're making some good time now."

7 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3

Dynamo reluctantly nodded as she told them that they might see them again. "I just wonder what they want the ruby for? They seemed desperate to get their hooves on it." He whispers and nods once again. "That's true. When you see a sale for something at a store, you push your way through everypony else to get what you want." He was surprised at first when he felt Ursa pulled him into a tight hug. However, he returned the tight embrace as he could feel tears were welling up in his eyes.

"I should be the one to say that. I'm just so glad that you're okay. I...I thought I lost you back there. When I saw you sank all the way to the bottom of the lake bed, I wanted to do everything in my ability to save you." He pulls back from the hug to wipe the stray tears that had fallen. "When were you acting? Did you mean back when we had to fool those three?" He whispered softly, so they wouldn't be heard as they kept walking. "I'm glad that you told me, instead of not telling me at all. Maybe if there's more water around, I can teach you. Swimming is fun, in my opinion. Plus, it's just in case something happens again, then you'll be prepared to swim." He says, before smiling and continuing. "Thank you and I really appreciate you protecting me. Just know, that I'll always protect you, as well. It was also a spur of the moment, so we didn't have time to think when they showed up."

Dynamo chuckled and pulled Ursa into another hug. "Thank you and I always try to be kind. You're really smart, brave and a loyal friend, Ursa. I think those are other important qualities, when having and making friends." He pulls back from the hug as the two continue walking on. He notices something off into the distance. "I think we're getting to the clearing of the forest. I guess we're making some good time now."

Ursa smiled and levitated the map in front of their faces, "Indeed." She said, picking up the pace the slightest bit. 

@Emerald<3

Dynamo looked on as Ursa levitated the map for them to see. As they picked up their walking speed, the two finally had made their way through the clearing of the forest. Dynamo would have been happy, had it not been for the fact that what stood before them was nothing but a desert. Dynamo shook his head with a deadpanned look upon his muzzle. "It's like the environment is really trying to test our patience, huh?" He asks as he turns his attention to Ursa. "First we get to go through a forest and deal with some crazy ponies and now we have a desert." He says, before looking back at the map that Ursa had out. He tried to read the map, but found it difficult, since it was all astronomy. "Do you know if there's a town somewhere in this desert? I'm sorry if I'm not much help. I guess Princess Celestia gave you that map, so other ponies wouldn't understand except for you. That's actually pretty clever, if you ask me." He says as he tries to figure out a plan on getting through this searing and scorching desert. 

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa shook her head, "You are wrong, I'm afraid, we are exactly where we should be." 

Her horn glowed, and a copy of her cutiemark soared off her flank and grew larger. Slowly, the desert facade got sucked into her mark and revealed their location. Her magic flickered away, and the cutimark copy floated onto her flank.

"See? Not turned around at all." She said to her friend, "Not all things can be seen in front of us. Sometimes it takes a Keen eye and a intelligent mind to realize we are being tricked."

(Sorry if this is a little odd. It's not supposed to be overpowering, I just thought it would be cool).

@Emerald<3

Dynamo raised an eyebrow at her statement. "We are exactly where we should be? What do you mean? I'm really not following your form of logic." His questions were soon answered as her magic had come to life. He saw a copy of her cutie mark soaring off into the sky. He could only watch and stare, as the desert before them had vanished to reveal Klugetown. His jaw widened considerably in disbelief over what had happened. He rubbed his eyes to make sure that he wasn't seeing things. He slowly turned his head to gain Ursa's attention as she spook. "That...was just... so cool! I didn't think your magic could do that. I know your magic could be all about astronomy, but to be able to do that is just crazy. That's pretty cool, if you ask me." He snapped back into reality as he nods in understanding. "I guess everything was more of a mirage. Since you just talked about being tricked, unless you have a keen eye." He says before walking down the path towards the town.

As they walked, Dynamo could only stare in wonder at the different creatures in this town. He had only seen ponies throughout his life, so seeing a new creature was both frightening, yet fascinating. "It's about mid afternoon, so the sun might be setting soon. Did you want to find a place to stay for the night? That was, we can start back up on our journey first thing in the morning?" He asks as he turns his attention to Ursa. 

@Dynamo Pad

"Well, I suppose going to sleep would be the best idea." She said, stroking her chin, "Though might I recommend me taking gaurd? Just an extra precaution in case those moronic stallions try to come at us again." Ursa looked around, "That space over there should do." She pointed at a empty plot of land. 

"Just tell me what to do." She said assertively, "And whatever you do, no matter how dark it is; Never. Light. Your. Horn." She narrowed her eyes to show she meant it, "That will only attract potential theifs."

Ursa grabbed him and smushed her face close to his, so he could meet her eyes, "Do you understand what I am saying?"

@Emerald<3

Dynamo nods in understanding at Ursa's remark. "After everything that's happened on this journey. I think sleep is the best idea to end the day. We still have time since it looks like the sun is finally starting to set. Maybe you and I can get to know each other a little more, if that's okay." He closed his eyes to think about her idea. It was a pretty sound idea, but he decided to throw his two cents in. "I'm okay with the plan, but after a while, you should wake me up. That way, I can take guard and you can get some rest. Plus, we don't know anyone in this town, so it's hard to trust others, or something like that." He says as they make their way to the empty plot of land. 

He shook his head and smiled. "Just do what you would do naturally and just keep watch. If you see anything suspicious, then just wake me up. You and I are here to back each other up. You're my friend, Ursa and I don't want anything to happen to my friends." He raised an eyebrow as she narrowed her eyes at him. He was surprised as she grabbed him and their faces were smushed together. His eyes widen, but he narrowed his eyes to show her that he was serious. "I understand what you're saying. Besides, it looks like everyone in this town likes to make trades and such. There could be thieves besides the three that we had to deal with. So, I promise not to light my horn if it gets dark out when I'm on watch later." He says with a nod to affirm his statement. 

(edited)
10 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3

Dynamo nods in understanding at Ursa's remark. "After everything that's happened on this journey. I think sleep is the best idea to end the day. We still have time since it looks like the sun is finally starting to set. Maybe you and I can get to know each other a little more, if that's okay." He closed his eyes to think about her idea. It was a pretty sound idea, but he decided to throw his two cents in. "I'm okay with the plan, but after a while, you should wake me up. That way, I can take guard and you can get some rest. Plus, we don't know anyone in this town, so it's hard to trust others, or something like that." He says as they make their way to the empty plot of land. 

He shook his head and smiled. "Just do what you would do naturally and just keep watch. If you see anything suspicious, then just wake me up. You and I are here to back each other up. You're my friend, Ursa and I don't want anything to happen to my friends." He raised an eyebrow as she narrowed her eyes at him. He was surprised as she grabbed him and their faces were smushed together. His eyes widen, but he narrowed his eyes to show her that he was serious. "I understand what you're saying. Besides, it looks like everyone in this town likes to make trades and such. There could be thieves besides the three that we had to deal with. So, I promise not to light my horn if it gets dark out when I'm on watch later." He says with a nod to affirm his statement. 

"Indeed." She said with a pure smile, "I suggest we get started then. But, unfortunetley, I am not very gifted when it comes to constructing. Perhaps you could show me how to do it?"

(Sorry it took so long for me to post).

Edited by Emerald<3

@Emerald<3

Dynamo returned her pure smile with a kind smile of his own. "Thanks again for the warning on not lighting my horn. I've only been in Ponyville for about six months, so I've never had to know of these rules while not being back at home." He sighs as he wondered how everyone else was doing. He hoped they weren't worrying about him. He was brought out his thoughts as she asked if he could help set up camp. He gave Ursa half a smile with a nervous expression. "To be honest, I'm not the best when it comes to constructing camp. However, I'll do my best and see what I can do." He took out the camping supplies from their saddlebags and went to work. He had to read and reread the instructions, to make sure that he was constructing correctly. It took him a lot longer than what a normal pony would have to complete the tent. Around twenty minutes had passed, but he managed to make them a tent to sleep in. "Whew...that was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. At least I'll have the steps down the next time we need to set it up." He says to himself, before turning back to Ursa. "Hey, Ursa? I was able to set up the tent." He turned around and walked over to where she was staying on guard for the night. "Do you want me to build a fire? I wasn't sure if we needed one since you said don't light your horn. Plus, I wasn't sure if some thieves would be attracted to the light of the fire." 

@Dynamo Pad

"Although you are correct on needing a heat source, a fire is not our best option. I have a spare blanket in my saddlebag. I suggest you grab one out, because you cannot gaurd something with your eyes closed." She stated matter-of-factley, "Now, go get some rest."

@Emerald<3

Dynamo nods in understanding. "I had a feeling that was the case. I guess we'll have to deal with not having a fire to keep us warm. It's a shame, but what you said makes a lot of sense." He nods once more at the mention of spare blanket, before getting up to head towards the tent. "Okay and I'll be right back." He says, before making his way over to the tent. As he reached his destination, he enters and notices her saddlebag next to his. He began to dig through the saddlebag until he found the spare blankets that Ursa had mentioned. 'I guess it's a good thing Princess Celestia gave us the necessary supplies for this trip. I remember that she handed us our saddlebags, but I didn't think we'd have extra materials.' He thought as he began to exit the tent. He made his way back over to Ursa as he placed the spare blanket around her. "Here you go. Princess Celestia gave us some extra supplies, so you can have this blanket. I'd hate for you to get cold and possibly be sick. He says as he felt concerned for his friend. He nods at her mentioning of going to sleep. "Yeah, you're right. I'll have to be up later to take the second watch. Goodnight and I'll see you soon, Ursa." He pulled her into a hug, before making his way back towards the tent. He entered the tend and laid down on his sleeping bag. He yawned for a bit as he felt his eyelids becoming heavy. He slowly closed his eyes as he began to fall asleep.  

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa stared at him, a small smile creeping up her face. She nuzzled the blanket he had draped over herself. Her deep purple eyes were focused and ready for anypony who dared to come forth. 

She sat as still as a statue. Her ear twitched at the sudden snap of a twig. She turned he head to face the sound, but didn't dare leave her post. Because a sensible pony, such as herself wouldn't be fooled by a noise, trick or not.

Because if she left, that meant the thieves would come.

And Ursa was no fool.

@Emerald<3

As Dynamo was sleeping, his eyes suddenly opened at the start of a noise. 'What in Equestria was that?" He thought as he got out of his sleeping bag. "It sounded like the snap or something along those lines." He quietly spoke to himself as he moved to the entrance of the tent. He slowly opened the front door of the tent, but stayed quiet, so as to not draw any attention. He could see Ursa in close proximity, but her head was turned in the direction of the noise. "I'm guessing she heard whatever that noise was. If anything happens, then I'll jump out of the tent and back her up." He nodded at his own plan. He decided to wait until he knew there would be no trouble for them to deal with. 'That being said, what would be out here at this hour? At one point I don't want to know, but I guess we'll know soon enough.' 

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa squinted her eyes, trying to make out a small shadow that had just appeared. A figure bounced out, and it was...a rabbit? 

That's strange. She thought to herself, I wouldn't think rabbits would be living here.

Ursa turned her head and ignored the creature. Instead, she sat down and looked firmly into the distance. They were halfway to their destination, and that meant they had to be extra careful. No trusting bunnies, making sure everything was where it needed to be.

The rabbit squeaked.

"Well, that's definetley curious. I don't recall the last time I heard a rabbit squeak." She said to herself. Because last time she checked they made sort of a high pitched squeal sound. 

Something wasn't right here, but she still didn't move.

This was some sort of trick, and Ursa wasn't going to fall for it.

@Emerald<3 

Dynamo squinted his eyes as a shadowy figure had appeared out of nowhere. As the shadowy figure revealed itself to be a rabbit, the blue unicorn sighed quietly to himself. "That's pretty peculiar. Why would there be a rabbit in the middle of a desert. Especially near Klugetown of all places?" He whispers softly while rubbing a hoof under his chin. Usually rabbits would be found back in the forest, or even an open, grassy field." He watched intently as the rabbit began to squeak. 'Something doesn't add up here.' He didn't know much about a rabbit, but he never could recall a rabbit squeak before. He narrowed his eyes as his horn began to glow. He didn't know what was going on, but he made sure to be prepared for anything. He was going to do all that he could to protect his friend. 

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa glared at Dynamo and covered his horn with her hoof, dousing the light, "Are you stupid?" She whisper-shouted, "I told you not to light your horn. Under any circumstances. Now go back and go to sleep, you idiot. I can handle things." 

@Emerald<3

Dynamo was surprised for a moment, as he saw Ursa rush over to him and dousing the light on his horn. He raised a curious eyebrow to the cobalt mare. "No, I'm not and I'm sorry." He looked toward the ground as he felt bad for what had happened. He visibly flinched as he felt Ursa berate him. "I heard a snapping noise and I instantly woke up. I wanted to check what the noise was, but I wanted to stay hidden in case I could be back up. I didn't mean to use my magic." He turned around and made his way back to his sleeping bag. He turned to the side, so that she wouldn't see the saddened look on his face. 'I didn't mean to let her down. Now I feel like I lost a friend, already. I wasn't trying to be an idiot.' He felt a tear well up and cascade down his muzzle.