Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Hearth's Warming Club  

82 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Ocellus: "That's a horrible story!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Sandbar: "How can you be so cool about this?" Smolder: "We're mad. We just show it differently." (I dislike it!)
    • Gallus: *rolls eyes* (…meh…)
    • Yona: "Happy Snilldar Fest!" *smashes bucket happily* (I like it!)
    • Everycreature: *stays with Gallus so he doesn't spend Hearth's Warming alone* (I LOVE IT! <3)
  2. 2. Which one of the Student Six's stories is your favorite?

• Ocellus's
    • Yona's
    • Smolder's
    • Sandbar's
    • Silverstream's
    • Gallus's
  3. 3. How hearing what Gallus went through, how big of a hug did you want to give him?

• A great, huge hug
    • A major, huge-r hug
    • A dragon-sized, monster hug

Note: Some content from Season 8 was leaked near the end of last year. While much of it is officially revealed, much isn't. So, please keep leaked content under the tag and don't post or link leaked assets.

Zap2It first announced the episode's title and date, and Hasbro released their August lineup on July 20.

Title: The Hearth's Warming Club

Airtimes:

1. Boomerang/AU: August 3, 6:25pm EST
  2. Disc. Fam./U.S.: August 4, 12 noon EST

Writer: Brian Hohlfeld

Synopsis: A prank gone wrong ruins Hearth's Warming Eve preparations; while Twilight tries to figure out which of her students is behind it, the students bond over shared memories of home.

Episode Link: http://sendvid.com/vsbyo4u8

• Brohoof 6

ugh another one ? i dont mind christmas episodes but we do need more then just chistmas and hearts and hooves days we need more of a variety : / my most favorite one was a hearths warming tail and i think it was the best Christmas episode of all time!. i guess ill watch it to see what happens,  plus in august ?....close enough xD

• Brohoof 4

12 minutes ago, TheNerdyGriffoN said:

,  plus in august ?....close enough xD

You know they don't air new episodes in December anyway.

I wonder if Terramar would show up in this episode, also Ember, Thorax, and possibly Pharynx.

I know the main eight (Including Spike and Starlight) will appear, I'm just wondering.

9 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Hide contents

The leaks originally listed THWC as episode 15. If Zap2It's correct, the original 14th episode — A Matter of Principals — will be shuffled to a later date.

Hide contents

I hope it gets shifted to after Yakity-Sax, I want that to be slotted as Episode 17.

8 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I wonder if Terramar would show up in this episode, also Ember, Thorax, and possibly Pharynx.

I know the main eight (Including Spike and Starlight) will appear, I'm just wondering.

Hopefully all the Mane Six too; Twilight's already been in two episodes without any of them appearing this season.

11 minutes ago, FirePuppy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I hope it gets shifted to after Yakity-Sax, I want that to be slotted as Episode 17.

Hopefully all the Mane Six too; Twilight's already been in two episodes without any of them appearing this season.

Isn't Twilight's in more than two episodes?

10 hours ago, TheNerdyGriffoN said:

ugh another one ? i dont mind christmas episodes but we do need more then just chistmas and hearts and hooves days we need more of a variety : / my most favorite one was a hearths warming tail and i think it was the best Christmas episode of all time!. i guess ill watch it to see what happens,  plus in august ?....close enough xD

Well, we are getting another holiday special later in the year I think. I do agree with you that we need another Nightmare Night episode, if for no other reason to have AJ complete the Oz Trinity. :P

• Brohoof 3

In all honesty....

I thought Cozy Glow did it! XD But I'm really glad how it turned out! I feel so bad for Gallus! Griffonstone musta been Hell!

One thing's for sure! I really don't want the Student Six to go back home when the season is over! They should really stay together! 

2 minutes ago, Starlightglimmer15 said:

Terrib episode they left starlight out for no reason at all it’s like she’s dosent even exist she’s their friend and should of had a cameo this can not be forgiven however if she appears in friendship university then I’ll forgive her absence in this episode and the fact there’s no reason for her to be in it it’s just the writers don’t give a damm about her  unless it’s her  episodes that’s really messed up that’s they left her out of the party I also don’t like how twilight didn’t even mention her name once also Rarity fluttershy Applejack and pinkie did nothing in this episode except stand by the Christmas tree also spike did nothing either if they all had cameos starlight should of had one to that being said there are some things I like about this episode I like the stories each of the student 6 shares my favorite was gallus I also like the cameos of queen novo storm king Gilda and gabby and cozy glow but that’s stilll dosentMake up for the lack of starlight anybody here agree with me that’s there’s no reason for her not to had a cameo. 

Score: 1:5/10

I adore Starlight as well, but she doesn't need to be in every episode. Have another think about the episode. It sounds like you actually liked what the episode was mainly about. ^^

Spoiler

I've only seen a clip, but the Yaksong made me smile. They're so goddamn precious!

• Brohoof 3

It was a good episode, but for some reason I didn't really like the portrayal of Twilight and RD in this one. The Student 6 were great though. When the season started I never thought I would like them this much. They work perfectly together and I can't help but find every one of them endearing in their own way.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 2

This episode is really boring. This was the student six's chance to really show off their personalities, but I still don't find them to be particularly interesting. They're still really one note. Their stories on their traditions are mildly interesting, but they don't show off a lot of new stuff. And Ocellus's story comes off as very uncomfortable with the confirmation that the ponies pushed their culture on the Changelings. 

And the big emotional moment of the episode, Gallus's backstory, doesn't even make sense. If Gallus was an orphan and didn't have anyone close to him, why was he sent to Twilight's school? Gallus says that Grandpa Gruff isn't anyone's actual grandpa, so why was Gallus chosen?

The only thing I like here is Sandbar's story for how stupid it is.

Score: 5/10

Edited by bigbertha
  • Brohoof 2

33 minutes ago, Thanos said:

Why 

Because ever since Season 5, the season of episodes have aired in 2 halves each. Usually, The first half of episodes aired from March to late July/Early July and the 2nd half of episodes from August to October. 

Look here: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_Is_Magic_episodes

38 minutes ago, JH24 said:

It was a good episode, but for some reason I didn't really like the portrayal of Twilight and RD in this one. The Student 6 were great though. When the season started I never thought I would like them this much. They work perfectly together and I can't help but find every one of them endearing in their own way.

I keep seeing this thrown around. Apparently actually being responsible teachers is out of character now

• Brohoof 4

Just now, This Whomps said:

I keep seeing this thrown around. Apparently actually being responsible teachers is out of character now

Ya know, because character development isn't a thing at all. :orly:

• Brohoof 6

The Hearths Warming Club Episode Spoilers

Spoiler

1. The Changelings take home the gold medal for Best Holiday, IMO. 

2. Hi, Gilda!

3. Seaponies win the silver medal for Best Holiday!

4. Sandbar is still the most pointless member of The Student Six, IMO.

He also takes home the "shameful bronze" for worst Hearths Warming Eve story.

Edited by Sparklefan1234

Anyone else wish the Student Six would get more focus episodes this season? Ideally, their friendship would grow over the course of the season, mirroring the Mane Six's friendship growing in S1. 

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 5