Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are most Bronies right wing/conservative?

ShadowSJG

Others have beat me to it, but I’ll throw in my own two cents anyway. ;) 

I believe the fandom is a melting pot of all sorts of political views. I’ve met bronies all over the political spectrum- some have been more conservative, some have been more liberal. Others, myself included, are somewhere in the middle. I personally support the right on some issues and the left on others. :P  

I tend to be on the libertarian side of things. Let people do what they want as long as it does not hurt others!

On 7/2/2018 at 2:07 PM, cmarston1 said:

If so, than this would make the fandom's appropriation of the very real struggles that the LGBT community faces even more insulting.

I know a lot of conservatives that support LGBT 100 percent it’s just you can support something without wanting to have it shoved in your face and down your throat 24/7 is the main thing. I support it greatly myself leaning on the bi side of things still don’t want a lgbt class taught in schools the same way I don’t want a heatrosexual class taught in schools.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

If the bronies on 4chan represented the Majority of the fandom, I'd say this fandom presents a real danger to governments around the world :blink:

Edited by Vlazamal

(edited)

The Brony fandom is like any other fandom and are not very homogeneous, we represent the same diverse demographics. Though we don't have any hard percentages, from what I've seen and what is most likely is that we are mixed to the point that there really is no "most". 

As people age their ideologies will change too, what may have been 6 years ago could be drastically different from now. I know I have come a long way since 2012 (albeit I wasn't a Brony until 2014) as I went from more conservative to moderate. Albeit, I wasn't super conservative like what some may see when they think of the stereotypical conservative.

Edited by Kapitan zur See Hans (Daz)
Left out a few words
  • Brohoof 1

On 7/2/2018 at 1:07 PM, cmarston1 said:

If so, than this would make the fandom's appropriation of the very real struggles that the LGBT community faces even more insulting.

In what way is this happening? In what way can ANYONE own a particular type of struggle. Further, I'm classified via census forms as part of the LGBT community and I am registered republican with heavy libertarian values. So in what way is anyone being conservative insulting to LGBT people? There are many conservatives that have zero issue with the community and as such to try to tar them as having an issue with LGBT people by default is unfair at best. 

• Brohoof 3

Don't have a specific leaning, but a right-man myself.

Mainly for the memes, but can you blame me?
But on the serious side it's also because i'm kind of worried about our political climate right now, especially in places like Hollywood, where political tolerance is in the single-digits.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I don't really like bringing politics into something like this but the show does have a more conservative theme and I myself am on the conservative/right wing side. But from what I have seen it seems pretty much divided equally between left/right

On the surface it seems like the brony fandom is left-leaning, since it seems like the left-leaning bronies are more vocal than the right-leaning ones if that makes sense. That could just be my perception as a conservative though. There's also the fact that the show itself is very left-leaning.

That said, after being here for years and getting to know people, I find I'm not nearly as alone as I thought. So really it's hard to say. I think there's much more of a mix than people give it credit for.

On 2021-10-05 at 1:30 AM, Kujamih said:

....what are the GM doing? isn't this topic ban worthy?

I summon thee @The Wife of Rengoku and @Splashee

XD..... 

I lean on the " the person who is troll" 

I am willing to give this thread a chance and leave it running so long as people can remain respectful to one another. It seemed to manage that before. We're adults and I like think most of us are mature enough to be able to discuss light political topics without the need for child-locks.

Please don't prove me wrong. :mlp_wat:

• Brohoof 2

MLP is just a TV show and it does not really push one political agenda over another (at least it does not go into controversial topics - which is one of the main reasons I like it), this means that a lot of different people can watch and like it.

The only thing that "bronies" have in common is that they like this TV show. Liking MLP does not imply any political view, profession or other hobbies.

• Brohoof 1

There's a fairly balanced mix. I can't really see why a children's cartoon would really have an impact on anyone's political views.

as a pegasus, i need two wings
allow me to elaborate, i pick individual feathers from each wing, that is to say, i have opinions on individual policies, and i believe everyone should, it's not a sportsteam where you just pick a side and cheer it on, it's much more complex. that said, i don't trust any wing so i guess i'm wingless instead

p.s. i'm from greece so i'm talking of wings here (not chicken wings sadly), not sure what's going on in the rest of the world

On 2021-10-04 at 7:30 PM, Kujamih said:

....what are the GM doing? isn't this topic ban worthy?

I summon thee @The Wife of Rengoku and @Splashee

XD..... 

I lean on the " the person who is troll" 

Better not do much digging then...there are thousands of posts that can be called "political" on this site.

Word when I asked was to leave them be.

2 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

I am willing to give this thread a chance and leave it running so long as people can remain respectful to one another. It seemed to manage that before. We're adults and I like think most of us are mature enough to be able to discuss light political topics without the need for child-locks.

Please don't prove me wrong. :mlp_wat:

It's nice to see that all aren't concrete. 

Otherwise it's a show that shows both sides, to a point(and definitely not equally), it just depends on who's loudest at the time of asking.

I say I'm right, but don't lump me with the "federal" Republicans...that's something that's not a "light political topic" so I'll leave it there, along with my response to "how can there be right wing people here?"