Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would happen if fluttershy accidentally killed an animal?

Unity

She would bury it in her yard, in the light of a full moon, trying to hide her tragic mistake. Her friends would ask her about it. "Where's that new kitty, Fluttershy?"

At first it was easy to make excuses. "He's sleeping today," or "He doesn't like going out." Eventually she told everypony that the kitten was adopted.

But the guilt wears on her. She can't get that dying scream out of her mind. It haunts her. Why didn't she check under the wheels before she pulled the cart forward? She can never take that back.

Everything reminds her of that moment. She was trying public singing at a talent show, and Rainbow Dash told her, "Way to go, Fluttershy, you killed it out there!" Or when Spike said, "Rarity is the cat's meow." Or when Twilight was going on about musical instruments: "they call violin strings catgut. That's so weird."

And why did she agree to be the killer in Applejack's play titled, "Who killed that cat?"

Eventually she could no longer take the guilt. She wrote a confession letter and that night she went to the shallow grave to pay one last respect to the poor kitty. But there was a hole where the grave was. Had somepony dug it up? Behind her, in the bushes, she heard a raspy growl. It sounded like a broken bellows; air leaking from a ripped sack. She turned to see eyes reflecting the moonlight. And then...

• Brohoof 3

She's done it before, in S1 "Dragonshy", there's a scene of her feeding a fish to some ferrets. And it honestly makes her attempt at getting snakes to eat vegetarian in "She Talks to Angels" look really stupid

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Megas said:

She's done it before, in S1 "Dragonshy", there's a scene of her feeding a fish to some ferrets. And it honestly makes her attempt at getting snakes to eat vegetarian in "She Talks to Angels" look really stupid

They were vegan fish cakes. :P

Anyway, yeah, it was weird that they addressed the carnivore thing in that episode.

If she actually killed a bug she'd feel really guilty about it. If she killed anything else she'd be inconsolable.

• Brohoof 1

On 2018-07-04 at 11:24 AM, Oblivion said:

Except that episode that explored the Apple families backstory, it sort of did confirm that applejacks, Big Macs and Appleblooms parents passed away, which was honestly my favorite episode of all time and got me watching the show again.

Inactive account and yes I missed the response almost four years ago, but I'll defend my point for anyone who looks through the old pages.

While yes, the show did somewhat explore death, they never really did it in a very direct way. Fluttershy accidentally killing an animal is pretty obvious to everyone. Applejack's parents being gone is something we can notice, but I'm sure some kids could miss that. They're very different scenarios.

She definitely wouldn’t take it well. Fluttershy is the kind of pony to believe all life is precious, in that very first episode of the show, she saw the pain of a manticore who was attacking her friends for cryin out loud!:fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

She would probably never forgive herself. I feel like this would be something she would never let go of and partially destroy her soul.

I wouldn’t blame her for feeling that way, either.

• 2 months later...

My big thing with Fluttershy is her ambition to get all of the animals of the food chain on a substitute/vegetarian diet, bc the writers are paying attention to detail, and they don't want to show her with elevated priorities for one animal over the other and wants you to see that she doesn't excuse predatory behavior in these animals bc she is trying to build almost like a "secret garden" of sorts for ALL animals. When Fluttershy explains to Rainbow Dash how her "winter" would be "pet less" it's an obvious metaphor such a bold statement coming from Fluttershy of all? It's BECAUSE she understands the loss of an animal better than any pony there... She's experienced this MANY TIMES, she takes care of ALL animals, so yes death surrounds Fluttershy and she tends to it, but you can't forget life also.. she wants to help a mouse a snake and a hawk, but she wants to create a world where helping them isn't helping them eat each other..

Edited by KingCorvus

• 1 month later...

It would probably be an accident but she would feel really guilty about it. Then she would ask Twilight to revive it with some super powerful magic and things would be all better.

She would be sad, but then Discord would bring the animal back to life, and she would be like “You can do that? Can you bring back all dead animals?”

”Can you bring back everypony I killed?”

• 4 months later...
On 10/24/2022 at 5:12 PM, Splashee said:

She would be sad, but then Discord would bring the animal back to life, and she would be like “You can do that? Can you bring back all dead animals?”

”Can you bring back everypony I killed?”

... I like that plot twist...