Banner by ~ Sparklefan1234

What would happen if fluttershy accidentally killed an animal?

She would bury it in her yard, in the light of a full moon, trying to hide her tragic mistake. Her friends would ask her about it. "Where's that new kitty, Fluttershy?"

At first it was easy to make excuses. "He's sleeping today," or "He doesn't like going out." Eventually she told everypony that the kitten was adopted.

But the guilt wears on her. She can't get that dying scream out of her mind. It haunts her. Why didn't she check under the wheels before she pulled the cart forward? She can never take that back.

Everything reminds her of that moment. She was trying public singing at a talent show, and Rainbow Dash told her, "Way to go, Fluttershy, you killed it out there!" Or when Spike said, "Rarity is the cat's meow." Or when Twilight was going on about musical instruments: "they call violin strings catgut. That's so weird."

And why did she agree to be the killer in Applejack's play titled, "Who killed that cat?"

Eventually she could no longer take the guilt. She wrote a confession letter and that night she went to the shallow grave to pay one last respect to the poor kitty. But there was a hole where the grave was. Had somepony dug it up? Behind her, in the bushes, she heard a raspy growl. It sounded like a broken bellows; air leaking from a ripped sack. She turned to see eyes reflecting the moonlight. And then...

• Brohoof 3
  • Laugh 1

She's done it before, in S1 "Dragonshy", there's a scene of her feeding a fish to some ferrets. And it honestly makes her attempt at getting snakes to eat vegetarian in "She Talks to Angels" look really stupid

• Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1
Badges

1 hour ago, Megas said:

She's done it before, in S1 "Dragonshy", there's a scene of her feeding a fish to some ferrets. And it honestly makes her attempt at getting snakes to eat vegetarian in "She Talks to Angels" look really stupid

They were vegan fish cakes. :P

Anyway, yeah, it was weird that they addressed the carnivore thing in that episode.

If she actually killed a bug she'd feel really guilty about it. If she killed anything else she'd be inconsolable.

• Brohoof 1
  • Laugh 1

On 2018-07-04 at 11:24 AM, Oblivion said:

Except that episode that explored the Apple families backstory, it sort of did confirm that applejacks, Big Macs and Appleblooms parents passed away, which was honestly my favorite episode of all time and got me watching the show again.

Inactive account and yes I missed the response almost four years ago, but I'll defend my point for anyone who looks through the old pages.

While yes, the show did somewhat explore death, they never really did it in a very direct way. Fluttershy accidentally killing an animal is pretty obvious to everyone. Applejack's parents being gone is something we can notice, but I'm sure some kids could miss that. They're very different scenarios.