Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why is it some stores have chairs and some just tables for ponies to stand around?

Senko

(edited)

Just something I've noticed recently the sitting vs standing seems to flip flop with no real pattern at one location there are chairs for the ponies to sit in while at others there's just tables for them to stand around eating and not just buffet's. In one diner its chairs, in another its standing. Even in a single house one pony will be sitting at a table while others will be standing at it. I know, I know just different animator styles or for a joke. However I"m interested in seeing wild and wacky theories on why you think some places have seating and others assume a pony will stand.

Also feel free to post any other odd contradictions like them having electricity and wind-up gramophones you noticed.

Edited by Senko

Furniture is super expensive - thus, while ponies can easily shrug off the costs involved in repairing massive structural damage from parasprites or dragons, the costs of obtaining furniture are so extreme that some shops can only afford carry one type, like sofas.

8 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

Or the fact that their continent looks like America and they have the ponifyed version of USA's big cities.

That one puzzles me less than the fact their continent looks like American wtih ponified versions of USA's big cities but their capitol is called Canterlot (camelot) which is English.

I'm guessing ponies are equally comfortable sitting and standing. Considering sitting is more seen in less formal establishments outside of Manehatten, I'm guessing sitting is considered less "Gracious"?

3 hours ago, Vlazamal said:

I'm guessing ponies are equally comfortable sitting and standing. Considering sitting is more seen in less formal establishments outside of Manehatten, I'm guessing sitting is considered less "Gracious"?

Hmmm if you sit your low class or informal, if you stand your high class/formal and if you pace your annoying.

• 3 years later...

In-universe explanation - The ponies likely have preferences regarding standing and sitting, with some preferring to stand and some preferring to sit.

Real-world explanation - the developers probably didn't focus on such details in the background.

Ponies and horses very often stand up, and very rarely sit (I don't know if I have seen one sit?). So having chairs is kinda pointless (and annoying to animate)

• Brohoof 1