Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Adult MLP show.

CastletonSnob

Probably. If for no other reason than to view it as a curiosity. If it got too crass or gratuitous in what it did, or lacked any real substance - expecting the shock value to carry it along - I'd give up on it pretty quickly, though.

That doesn't sound like something I would enjoy. That MLP doesn't have those is a large part of its appeal to me. There are already so many other shows like that! :)

• Brohoof 5

No, violence, swearing and sex jokes are already spread around in other media and I think they would diminish what FiM is about.

An adult FiM series I could watch would have to be more serious and dark, touching sensitive themes and heartbreaking scenarios, but not falling into the "adult sex jokes" or overly violent stuff. Something that one could say... damn... not everything's so joyful in Equestria... but keeping the hopeful atmosphere.

Still there's lots of books and other media I can consume for a story focused on those things.

• Brohoof 2

I'd also watch out of sheer curiosity, but I imagine the moment it airs there would massive public backlash, grilled in the media and the internet, and get cancelled after the first season.  

No I wouldn't. A big part of why the show is so appealing to me is the innocence of it being a children's show and skirting the maturity line with a wide berth. I don't know that I'd like it at all.

13 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

No I wouldn't. A big part of why the show is so appealing to me is the innocence of it being a children's show and skirting the maturity line with a wide berth. I don't know that I'd like it at all.

This is exactly why I like MLP. I like the cuteness and just innocence of the characters in the show. An Adult MLP show would be interesting but it probably wouldn't keep my attention for long.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't mind seeing this. MLP already has mature topics like death, bullying, culture, politics, disability and so on. An even more mature show could tackle a larger range of problems and solutions. I'd watch it. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Nope,and i hope they won't even try to make one for teenagers.it will lose all its charm,its great as is.fluffy exterior but with deep meaning and worldbuilding

I mean, if done well yeah I would.

But MLP with crude innuendos, adult humor, and violence sounds very dull actually. That's pretty much every american cartoon not made for children. And they all suck. 

It can be done though. Anime strikes that middle ground all the time. So perhaps if the show took the path of something like Aggritsuko, which is almost like an SoL children's educational program in its style and approach, except about and aimed at working adults. Maybe taking the approach of kids shows like Arthur and Batman TAS which tackled mature subject matter.

I imagine there's more to the world of MLP and not all of it is kid friendly, but it could add an incredible sense of depth if topics on violence, death, sex and relationships could be tackled in the same informative way the show does. 

But don't use those to turn MLP into an adult comedy. The world does not need another Simpsons, Family Guy or South Park. 

Shows like those need to grow up. 

I think that the idea sounds good, I dont think it's "perverted" to have sexual sentiment toward characters you feel emotionally for, however, NO, the current cast is meant to connect with an array of ages. However, much like Conkers Bad Fur Day, a furry friend that is seemingly from the same video game dimension as our childhood favorites, Banjo, and Diddy Kong, perhaps, there could be someone that could take the role in a more mature targeted aspect of issues, and maybe add more mature humor, and continual violence to their identity, Like I could see BonBon(Sweetie Drops) having some spin that breaks the fourth wall, with added mature humor, and jokes that maybe reference her non traditional sex preference, and the traditional preferences of others, that they don't speak of aloud but is silently understood.

• Brohoof 1

Not gonna lie, I always dreamed of something like that (only without the sex stuff), and call it "Stories behind the stories" (lame title).

I wanted heisters on Manehattan and all of those crime/police story, but with ponies.

"Nice to get me out of the prison but, you could get me a limo at the f*cking least."

I dont think there should be any actual swearing, but tuning a show from, all ages, to 14+ and if there was a softcore swear word it obviously would get censorship, and jokes that don't actually included sexual specifics, just more adult suggestive themes, It's not exactly the same thing. The violence in the season 4 finale, exceeds a lot of "adult material" violence, in shows I watch on a regular basis, it's not to say they are without violence, it's just that the violence isnt comparable, and a lot of MLP fans are interested in that aspect being further explored..

Nah, I can go without sex and swearing for one show...however s4 finale has some epically violent scenes, which is pretty cool that they extended to that. 

• Brohoof 1