pinkie-pie

How did you find MLP Forums?

with a google search, but not for the forums >_<

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

i told the story already. plz no maik meh taip eet again

So, I have a question.

What is life, exactly?

Does life have a meaning?

Are we all here just to be born, do things, reproduce, and then die?

Or is there greater meaning to life?

• Brohoof 1

I dont think there is an objective meaning to life, I think people find fulfillment in hollow areas of self confirmation, familiar social reassurances, and live in echo chambers of complacency, telling themselves they are fulfilled, when really we live circumstantial existences fueled by our momentary desires and emotions, people tire of other people, sometimes they tire of their specific taste in food, or even some their interests... I dont think life will ever have a proper manual, we live among psychopaths and sociopaths with bad hearts, and people that it literally pains to watch others in good spirits. People find solace in very different things, unfortunately we live in a world where you need to compete with others for reassurances that apply to an inherent existence that many will say in the "whiny misunderstood emo quote", "I never asked to be born", When overwhelmed with the literal and societal pressures applied by their social short comings that have afflicted them structurally, financially and emotionally... I know it's not making yourself a devils advocate, I know it's not joining in a witch hunt to create self reassurance about ones self. I think it's about having security with ones self in a natural sense, and coming to understand the ever changing social formalities that separate us as human beings... like you can take an intelligible passage, and make no sense of it, someone else can speak to you in a drug induced short stated bit of jibberish and you could find genius in it. I think life on the existential platform of human psychology is all about selfishness, and subjectivity, but there are good areas these things apply to, love and sacrifice, not greed and hatred.

• Brohoof 1

1: The continuous biological self propagation of an organic system.

2: The question of "meaning" is ill posed, but generally the answer is no.

3: This is obviously true, especially with the vaguely stated "do things." Yes, we all "do things."

4: Greater than what? Define "meaning."

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Darth Vader said:

So, I have a question.

What is life, exactly?

Does life have a meaning?

Are we all here just to be born, do things, reproduce, and then die?

Or is there greater meaning to life?

Life is that which maintains internally constant or decreasing entropy via taking in low-entropy matter and releasing high-entropy matter to its surroundings. That's how they define it for the missions trying to detect life on Mars, at least. :proud:

As for meaning, if you're a subjectivist you consider the meaning of life to be whatever the creature living that life thinks it is, if you're a nihilist you consider there to be no meaning of life at all, and if you're an absolutist you consider the meaning of life to both exist and be beyond the creature living it. Frankly, the latter is the least ambiguous for everyone and generally less conducive to miserable apathy and/or depressing existentialism, but it's still the rarest of the three outlooks in the Western world because it has a horrible tendency to require God for any sort of validity. :mlp_icwudt:

With that out of the way, welcome to our fair forums, fellow living person! How are you liking your stay so far?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Duality said:

Life is that which maintains internally constant or decreasing entropy via taking in low-entropy matter and releasing high-entropy matter to its surroundings. That's how they define it for the missions trying to detect life on Mars, at least. :proud:

As for meaning, if you're a subjectivist you consider the meaning of life to be whatever the creature living that life thinks it is, if you're a nihilist you consider there to be no meaning of life at all, and if you're an absolutist you consider the meaning of life to both exist and be beyond the creature living it. Frankly, the latter is the least ambiguous for everyone and generally less conducive to miserable apathy and/or depressing existentialism, but it's still the rarest of the three outlooks in the Western world because it has a horrible tendency to require God for any sort of validity. :mlp_icwudt:

With that out of the way, welcome to our fair forums, fellow living person! How are you liking your stay so far?

I am liking my stay pretty good so far.

• Brohoof 1

• The topic was locked