Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If Starlight has never camped and hates the outdoors...

Ganondox

She hated cutie marks more. Also one can assume that by camping she was referring to recreational camping, since that was what they were doing in Mean Six. Prospectors and early settlers never refered to setting up camp as camping.  

• Brohoof 3

Why did she really need to be in hiding at the time? Just give her time to build up support for her cause and when they decide to move out to build their own town; well, no need for too much roughing it. She could just live in some cities & town for a time until she had enough ponies to build a few houses and there you go.

• Brohoof 1

Magic as the backbone first and foremost, enhancing her survival skills, and it's assumed she wasnt alone very long, it was a structured movement from the beginning, she had a following of ponies that felt the same way as she did. Starlight is very powerful with magic, we've had the introduction of that and ultimately it's revolved around the identity of her character, with the utensils at her disposal we have seen her craft a cake within seconds. It's assumed Twilight has magic in the "same ball park" of magic potential.. but shes had a lot more experience "roughing it" in the "isolated adventurer" sense, but wouldnt that defeat the purpose of camping? I assume AJ would say so lol, but arriving in a desolate land, with ponies that can cook, build, organize, etc, Starlights job was merely to orchestrate the movement and create the societies moral, it's sentiment, and it's rules. She just had the magical know how to prevent them from finding out the truth, and to keep them within her control..

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, PathfinderCS said:

Why did she really need to be in hiding at the time? Just give her time to build up support for her cause and when they decide to move out to build their own town; well, no need for too much roughing it. She could just live in some cities & town for a time until she had enough ponies to build a few houses and there you go.

She was in hiding after she was chased out the town, not before. The point with the building her town is not that she would be in hiding, it's that there would be nowhere inside to stay before the houses in the town were built. 

(edited)

Starlight has magic. When she was on the run she could've easily just mind controlled or compelled her way into being allowed to stay in a hotel for a few days. Or even just steal a few bits here and there. With Our Town she could've built her house by herself with magic first then brought the rest of them in.

The genuine sweet apple acres camping experience clearly didn't involve any magic since Starlight was lugging all that stuff around physically.

Edited by gingerninja666

3 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s called “being homeless,” not “going camping.”

The point is you're still outdoors and need to know how to deal with it. 

3 hours ago, gingerninja666 said:

Starlight has magic. When she was on the run she could've easily just mind controlled or compelled her way into being allowed to stay in a hotel for a few days. Or even just steal a few bits here and there. With Our Town she could've built her house by herself with magic first then brought the rest of them in.

The genuine sweet apple acres camping experience clearly didn't involve any magic since Starlight was lugging all that stuff around physically.

In the flashback in Rock Solid Friendship we can see that she didn't just magic the houses into existence. 

4 hours ago, Ganondox said:

The point is you're still outdoors and need to know how to deal with it. 

In the flashback in Rock Solid Friendship we can see that she didn't just magic the houses into existence. 

No, I mean she magiced HER house into existence and then gathered the others to build their own houses to keep the illusion that she doesn't have a cutie mark.

As for me I'd say it was her experiences building her town that taught her she hated camping she had to have experienced it to know she hated it afterall.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/6/2018 at 12:26 PM, gingerninja666 said:

No, I mean she magiced HER house into existence and then gathered the others to build their own houses to keep the illusion that she doesn't have a cutie mark.

Ever for Starlight Glimmer I think magicing entire houses into existence is too much. 

14 minutes ago, Ganondox said:

Ever for Starlight Glimmer I think magicing entire houses into existence is too much. 

I didn't mean she literally cast a spell and her house appeared. I mean like, she used her magic to put all the pieces together fast. This isn't that farfetched in my opinion. Twilight seamlessly rebuilt a burst dam against the current  in a matter of seconds back in Mare-do-well. The houses in Our Town seem pretty simple and straightforward. They're not ornate or fancy or anything.

(edited)
12 hours ago, gingerninja666 said:

I didn't mean she literally cast a spell and her house appeared. I mean like, she used her magic to put all the pieces together fast. This isn't that farfetched in my opinion. Twilight seamlessly rebuilt a burst dam against the current  in a matter of seconds back in Mare-do-well. The houses in Our Town seem pretty simple and straightforward. They're not ornate or fancy or anything.

Dams are much simper than houses, they are homogenous, houses are heterogeneous. Her home in particular was seen to be significantly complex. 

Edited by Ganondox

7 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Dams are much simper than houses, they are homogenous, houses are heterogeneous. Her home in particular was seen to be significantly complex. 

It really didn't look that complex. The walls were drab. There's simple interior design.  Besides, Twilight constructed the dam in a few seconds. Starlight had a few hours to build her house.

16 hours ago, gingerninja666 said:

It really didn't look that complex. The walls were drab. There's simple interior design.  Besides, Twilight constructed the dam in a few seconds. Starlight had a few hours to build her house.

She had a bath. That's no simple house.