Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Garble was Smolder and Spike's brother?

FlareGun45

This post is a sequel to my post about Spike and Smolder being long-lost siblings: https://mlpforums.com/topic/175791-theory-on-smolder/

Remember when Smolder said she had a brother that she was glad to get rid of when he went through his molt phase? If Smolder was still around during that, then she has an older brother, and me, along with many others were thinking, what if Garble is Smolder's brother? And since I think Spike is Smolder's long-lost brother, that would extent that Garble would be Spike's brother too! DUN DUN DUN! :O

I think this would work fantastic! Know why? Cause Spike and Garble have been arch-nemeses since Dragon Quest, and how would the two of them feel if they were actually siblings this whole time? Smolder would play as the neutral party in this regard to try to get them to get along, but Garble just won't accept a "pony dragon" as a brother! But then some kind of phenomena happens that would persuade Spike and Garble to finally get along! What kind of phenomena would that be? Well that's up to the writers to decide! This could be Garble's way of reforming (if he does)!

Now I'm NOT asking you how likely would this be, I'm asking you what would you think about this scenario? ;)
  • Brohoof 2

Guess we'll find out in a little under 4 weeks when the season starts up again. I can't imagine how Smolder could go through her life story and not mention the brother she and her family kicked out after he started molting.

20 hours ago, Brainstorm said:

I don't think so, Garble doesn't like Spike, as seen in all his appearances.

Heh, all the more reason for it to happen! XD It would be so ironic!

32 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

If Garble was their brother, than it would be Mac and Terrance all over again.

Yeah it would! :3

Yeah, I dunno. Since Dragon Quest, Spike hardly has any relatives to go for, and is nowhere related to Smolder and Garble whatsoever. If any, Spike CAN be a possible love interest to Smolder since his puberty, and they're both dragons yoo, but as siblings it's highly unlikely, same with Garble. It's safe to say that the possibility of Spike being in love with Rarity is pretty much ruled out since Spike is likely straying away from Rarity, even though he still shows some interest to her, but that's about it.

6 hours ago, Jon the VGNerd said:

Yeah, I dunno. Since Dragon Quest, Spike hardly has any relatives to go for, and is nowhere related to Smolder and Garble whatsoever. If any, Spike CAN be a possible love interest to Smolder since his puberty, and they're both dragons yoo, but as siblings it's highly unlikely, same with Garble. It's safe to say that the possibility of Spike being in love with Rarity is pretty much ruled out since Spike is likely straying away from Rarity, even though he still shows some interest to her, but that's about it.

So you think none of those 3 are siblings with eachother? I mean you could be right, maybe not. We shall see! ;) These theories are spreading like wildfire now though, and seeing how far the show is going, literately anything can happen! 

4 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

So you think none of those 3 are siblings with eachother? I mean you could be right, maybe not. We shall see! ;) These theories are spreading like wildfire now though, and seeing how far the show is going, literately anything can happen! 

Keep in mind that Garble didn't know Spike firsthand from the episode Dragon Quest, even referred to him as a "shrimp", and Smolder has yet to interact with Garble so whether they're siblings or not is all up to Hasbro whether either consider themselves as strangers or as siblings. And personality-wise, Garble still holds a bit of grudge against Spike whereas Smolder is pretty easygoing with him.

(edited)

I like the idea of Smoulder and Garble being related. Not so much Spike and Smoulder though. In general I don't like "Everyone is related" storytelling, but it'd be a nice show of how callous dragon culture is. While using two characters we know, we could see how a generally nice kid like Smoulder could casually throw her own brother out without a seconds thought, who in turn would grow up to be a real piece of work like Garble because the molt effect reinforced the idea that he shouldn't truly rely on anyone.

Edited by gingerninja666
  • Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, gingerninja666 said:

I like the idea of Smoulder and Garble being related. Not so much Spike and Smoulder though. In general I don't like "Everyone is related" storytelling, but it'd be a nice show of how callous dragon culture is. While using two characters we know, we could see how a generally nice kid like Smoulder could casually throw her own brother out without a seconds thought, who in turn would grow up to be a real piece of work like Garble because the molt effect reinforced the idea that he shouldn't truly rely on anyone.

I don't do the 'everyone is related' thing either. But it's just that if Spike and Smolder were related, it's like Ember is repaying Spike the favor she owes him after he gave her the Dragon Lord title; Spike didn't really ask for anything in return, but seeing someone with honor like Ember, I can see her doing this, which is only the first step to Spike reuniting with his relatives, and one of them would be living in Ponyville with him!

If either Smolder and Garble are related to Spike, they don't know it obviously! And why would they? Spike was lost as an egg! How would they know it would end up in pony hooves? Even if it's not them, he does have some relatives out there. This I'm sure of! And when he reunites with them, he'll have TWO families! His pony family AND his dragon family! :D Lucky him! We all know who he's gonna choose to stay with though, but it wouldn't hurt to visit them often!