Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Batman or Spiderman

Brobot

Spiderman comicbook personality, they portray him very differently depending on the studio... Batman has some of the coolest villains though.

• Brohoof 1

11 minutes ago, Aquaflame said:

Spiderman comicbook personality, they portray him very differently depending on the studio... Batman has some of the coolest villains though.

1 minute ago, Synniken said:

Like stated above, Batman is cool because he's a superhero without superpowers, and he's fought some really cool villains. So he gets my vote

you could say that Spiderman has just as good villains as Batman , maybe more

3 minutes ago, woodchunks66 said:

you could say that Spiderman has just as good villains as Batman , maybe more

I should probably mention I haven't read any Marvel or DC comics (although I'd really like to) so my opinions are mostly based around the Batman and Spiderman movies, in addition to the Ultimate Spiderman- and Gotham series.

So there are probably loads more villains (among other things) for both characters that I don't know about.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Synniken said:

I should probably mention I haven't read any Marvel or DC comics (although I'd really like to) so my opinions are mostly based around the Batman and Spiderman movies, in addition to the Ultimate Spiderman- and Gotham series.

So there are probably loads more villains (among other things) for both characters that I don't know about.

That's fine! But I highly recommend you get into the comics!

• Brohoof 2

Spiderman by a mile, his relatability definitely earns him more brownie points, but he was always a much more endearing character of the two

• Brohoof 3

Batmang of course....mang. I mean, Spidermans personality these past few years has been ripped straight off of Deadpool......OH WAIT.

Batman is OG while Spiderman on the other hand just gives away parts that make him interesting to other heroes.

"Here you are Deadpool. You can steal my witty and snarky mouth, 25 percent of my costume...and i'll definitely talk to a DC lawyer and get them to lend you Dead Shots shtick for the rest of the areas you need to fill in. WIMMY WAM WOZZLE!"

Dont get me wrong, Marvel has good stuff too....and DC has stolen from Marvel as well....coughcoughcaptainmarvel, but Batman will always be more interesting and just a better hero than spiderman.

8 hours ago, Rainbow Dash said:

Dont get me wrong, Marvel has good stuff too....and DC has stolen from Marvel as well....coughcoughcaptainmarvel, 

Um, Dc Comics Captain Marvel wasnt even created by Dc Comics themselves, they just bought the rights to the character, after they made a lawsuit against the comic book publisher ( i think the publisher was called Whiz Comics ), for basically creating a copy of Superman. And Dc Comics Captain Marcel has basically nothing to do with Marvels Captain Marvel. They even renamed their character to Shazam and dont use the term Captain Marvel anymore, to my knowledge.

As for the Topic here, i like Spiderman more. He is just nicer than Batman and not so dark. ( i mean his character, not the color of his suit )

Batman probably inches out ahead. But I like Spiderman when he's being played younger like he was in Homecoming. It gave him more character. Batman needs to have more dimension beyond just brooding. There's a lot of untapped potential there. I'll go with Adam West's version. He had it all covered. 

• Brohoof 1

Batman because I don't like Marvel superheroes. He doesn't need some poorly explained, ridiculous ability. He just needs some gadgets.

Though Spider-Man is better than most Marvel heroes to me, because he isn't completely generic.

• Brohoof 1

Just want to share these two videos from a YouTube Channel The Imaginary Axis. It's about what makes both Spiderman and Batman awesome in ways we'll have a hard time believing.

Apparently, Batman is Insane which makes him more interesting and complex superhero while Spider-Man has the strength of an Ant from which he can lift over 630x his own weight.

What is it with tiny creatures such as Ants, Spiders, and the majority of the Insect Kingdom having the strength to lift over 50+ times their own weight? Such a strange world we live in. :P

• Brohoof 2

Batman, by which I mean the 1966 TV version. The Batman movies (especially the latest ones) don't have any sense of the original character anymore. Batman does not have super powers, so why is it he always appears to be flying? Yeah, I know, he's gliding. But that's some serious long-distance gliding he's been doing, like one end of the city to the other. Stretching his abilities to skirt the edges of super powers isn't what we need. We need someone true to character. The TV Batman may be campy, but he's got integrity and never strays from what his abilities truly are as the world's greatest detective. 

Spiderman is a fun character, but the movies need a little work. Granted, I don't read the comics of either character, but I know what works and what doesn't. I like both, but I prefer the older Batman to anything else. 

• Brohoof 1

Spider-Man for me, he's just way too lovable. As someone who's grown up with both Spider-Man and Batman movies and enjoyed both, I've always been more into Spider-Man movies. It also helps that Spider-Man is meant to be laidback and goofy, while there's so much 'dark and serious' stuff in Batman that just has me cracking up every time I look back now. ^_^

• Brohoof 1