Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So there’s a new cartoon similar to Regular Show

Thorgir the Mighty

I’m upset that Regular Show has ended,but at least we can buy the DVD sets!

But other than that the creators of Regular Show are making a new cartoon similar and stylized as Regular Show. I don’t know about you guys,but I’m not gonna watch it,especially since it’s on Adult Swim. Well maybe because it looks like Regular Show.

Thoughts?

• Brohoof 1

Due to the fact that this pertains to TV shows, this has been moved to the Media Discussion section. :grin:

On subject though, I believe that the show is called "Close Enough," right? I would be lying if I said that it didn't look interesting, but from what I've seen, it seems like it's using crassness as a form of humor... which rarely works. I get that humor is subjective, but I can't say that it looks particularly amusing to me. That's just how I feel about it, anyways. :grin:

• Brohoof 2

14 minutes ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

But other than that the creators of Regular Show are making a new cartoon similar and stylized as Regular Show. I don’t know about you guys,but I’m not gonna watch it,especially since it’s on Adult Swim. Well maybe because it looks like Regular Show.

Thoughts?

Not exactly interested in this since I never exactly had an interest in the Regular Show in the first place but I am curious. What is the new shows name per say?

• Brohoof 1

Just now, TheTaZe said:

Not exactly interested in this since I never exactly had an interest in the Regular Show in the first place but I am curious. What is the new shows name per say?

Well it’s a hilarious show,but I won’t force you.

i think its called Close Enough,heres a more detailed article

https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/tv/2017/8/2/16083414/close-enough-trailer-tbs-regular-show-follow-up

8 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Why aren't you going to watch it?

Because it’s not my type,I hate Adult cartoons I’m just pointing this out because I love Regular Show

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

it seems like it's using crassness as a form of humor... which rarely works. I get that humor is subjective, but I can't say that it looks particularly amusing to me. That's just how I feel about it, anyways. :grin:

I've got to agree with this. I personally quite like Regular Show, but "Close Enough" seems to be a little bit over the top in its use of random humour.

• Brohoof 1

Just saw the trailer, it looks interesting, I might give it a watch.

Wonder if they will do like Regular Show and never release the whole thing on Bluray... >_>

2 hours ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

I've got to agree with this. I personally quite like Regular Show, but "Close Enough" seems to be a little bit over the top in its use of random humour.

Yeah. I mean, some amount of randomness can be a trifle bit funny... but I don't know; this show seems to be going over-the-top with sexual and profane humor... and that's only going to amuse a certain group of people, chiefly adolescents and teenagers. There's nothing wrong with them enjoying what they enjoy, but I'm certainly not in that group.

Regardless, this is all speculation, so I suppose I ought to just wait to see what it's like. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, The Recherche said:

Yeah. I mean, some amount of randomness can be a trifle bit funny... but I don't know; this show seems to be going over-the-top with sexual and profane humor... and that's only going to amuse a certain group of people, chiefly adolescents and teenagers. There's nothing wrong with them enjoying what they enjoy, but I'm certainly not in that group.

Regardless, this is all speculation, so I suppose I ought to just wait to see what it's like. :grin:

I suppose that's a good target audience to have though. Considering a lot of Regular Show's initial audience will be in that age bracket, "Close Enough" seems like a brilliant way to cash in on it, based of the trailer at least. I agree with the notion that random is sometimes funny, but building a show upon randomness is a bit much. Let people enjoy what they want though :laugh: 

And yes, I suppose I should wait until I see the final product first, trailers aren't the most reliable things after all. :) 

• Brohoof 1

iirc, Regular Show was originally gonna be Adult Swim but CN decided to use it for the proper network instead. I just hope by making it more adult oriented won't backfire, sometimes restrictions forces you to be a bit more creative, and maybe having those restrictions lifted might hurt it(see Ren and Stimpy on Nick vs Adult Party Caroon). I know Regular Show and Close Enough are different shows, but with them both being by the same teams more or less, I think the comparison is Close Enough

Spoiler

Also Regular Show had a G Gundam reference so I don't see Close Enough topping it

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

I suppose that's a good target audience to have though. Considering a lot of Regular Show's initial audience will be in that age bracket, "Close Enough" seems like a brilliant way to cash in on it, based of the trailer at least. I agree with the notion that random is sometimes funny, but building a show upon randomness is a bit much. Let people enjoy what they want though :laugh: 

And yes, I suppose I should wait until I see the final product first, trailers aren't the most reliable things after all. :) 

Well, you're not wrong. :D I'm not quite sure how successful it will be, but that remains to be seen, as we've both said.

Oh, and that's definitely true. The Last Airbender had a kickass trailer... and we all know how that turned out. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Just now, The Recherche said:

Well, you're not wrong. :D I'm not quite sure how successful it will be, but that remains to be seen, as we've both said.

Oh, and that's definitely true. The Last Airbender had a kickass trailer... and we all know how that turned out. :please:

Definitely was a flop

• Brohoof 2

I auditioned for this. Needless to say, I didn't get it.

Unless it was another cartoon by the same team. It was almost two years ago.

• Brohoof 1

I was going to say how hyped I was, until I watched the trailer. That just looks like unnecessary crudeness. That's not my sense of humor I guess. 

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

Thoughts?

I hear you in a way....like, I was so mad and sad Regular Show ended. I remember my friends and I threw a Regular Show themed party for a....uh...holiday. Now they are going on to do some new cartoon thats more up front with adult themed humor....
although, i fell in love with J. G. Quintel's other works as i watched the show and he released more info on himself. I like the animation style, and it has jokes that make me feel smart for understanding. I havent seen the new cartoon yet, but from the trailers i think it has potential. I remember how Regular Show was like at first. Kinda weird and random, but soon it got meta.

• Brohoof 1

I heard about Close Enough long ago and never saw why so many people were so unenthusiastic for it. Looks a lot better than some of the actual garbage I've seen on Adult Swim. There are lots of people who make children's entertainment who also make adult entertainment, not even counting the fact that nothing is going to top the failure that was Ren and Stimpy's Adult Cartoon. :please:

2 minutes ago, Rainbow Dash said:

I hear you in a way....like, I was so mad and sad Regular Show ended. I remember my friends and I threw a Regular Show themed party for a....uh...holiday. Now they are going on to do some new cartoon thats more up front with adult themed humor....
although, i fell in love with J. G. Quintel's other works as i watched the show and he released more info on himself. I like the animation style, and it has jokes that make me feel smart for understanding. I havent seen the new cartoon yet, but from the trailers i think it has potential. I remember how Regular Show was like at first. Kinda weird and random, but soon it got meta.

Yes, I also remember how lots of people were putting Regular Show down based on the previews for it. Then a year or so went by and everyone was praising it to high heaven. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Nope, I can already tell I won't like it as much as Regular Show, too much humor that's not really my type. All those adult cartoons are very similar, Regular Show was at least different and had some creative story-lines and such, though I'll admit the whole love-relationship stuff in Regular Show I didn't care for too much really. Glad though J.G. Quintel may find some success with this new show, he's a great guy and deserves to have another show, even though I won't be around watching it this time :P    

Just for the record, this is going to be on TBS, not Adult Swim. Anyway, I loved Regular Show, so I’ll be checking this out.

9 hours ago, PiratePony said:

I auditioned for this. Needless to say, I didn't get it.

Unless it was another cartoon by the same team. It was almost two years ago.

Only other show it could be in that case was Regular Show, but the last episode aired in January 2017, so unless you auditioned in early 2016, I don’t think it was that.

42 minutes ago, PinkiePie97 said:

Just for the record, this is going to be on TBS, not Adult Swim. Anyway, I loved Regular Show, so I’ll be checking this out.

Only other show it could be in that case was Regular Show, but the last episode aired in January 2017, so unless you auditioned in early 2016, I don’t think it was that.

It was summer 2016, and I know it was from the creator of The Regular Show.

I just looked it up, it was called "Splitting The Rent." They either renamed it or it never came to fruition 

I loved the regular show and it humor. I hated to see it go and I've re watched it a few times. But I've never seen close enough I've seen the trailer but feel it wouldn't have the same vibe as the original regular show yet it might have some adult themed jokes they couldn't put in the regular show.