Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3

"Well I am, good. Although now hoping Mike makes a recovery." She said, looking to Mike as she spoke, sighing a little. "We need the help if the thieves come back to bite us. Although, it seems they don't have the orb, so I am very curious who has it right now."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows 

Dynamo moved over and sat next to Ursa, but made sure to give her some personal space. "I'm doing okay. A little tired, but I'm doing good." He smiled, but soon frowned and shook his head. "That's true when you put it that way. It's just...something doesn't sit quite right." He took a deep breath and sighed. "You see, it's not that the thieves attacked us that bothers me. What bothers is, 1. They knew we were looking for the orb. 2. We were told that some thieves stole the orb and those thieves from last night had fit the description somewhat decently. So, the question remains." He says as he looks to the two mares. "Who has the orb now and how did those thieves know what we were all planning." He ran a hoof through his mane as he was trying to wrap his mind on everything that had happened.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@FanOfManyShows @Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14

Ursa smiled at Crystal, "I'm just glad you are alright." The smile slipped from her face, "Both of you are correct. Although I must say that I do not wish to know who is behind this." She ducked her head, "There is just one major thing that I need to point out. Larcen said that we didn't know what we were dealing with. Does that mean that there is some sort of magic hidden inside it?" Ursa sighed and got up, "I wish I had a book. I could research it right no..oh." She suddenly felt something heavy in her saddlebag. Ursa reached in and pulled out a large book titled The History of Magical Objects.

She flipped through the pages of the book until her eyes fell on a page that interested her. 

"Hey everypony!" She called, "Come look at this!"

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Dynamo shook his head at Ursa's question as he too didn't know the answer. "I guess it would've been nice if Celestia had explained more to us on what we were dealing with. It just seemed odd that she picked us and then sent us off without knowing anything." He sighs, but smiles to the cobalt mare. "I guess that's what makes a journey exciting, dangerous and fun. It gives you a sense of trying to figure out clues and such to find the lost object in question. Just to let you know. If we do happen to run into who is behind this, then I can assure you that I've got your back through all of this." As she called everypony over, Dynamo got behind Ursa and looked over her shoulder. Almost as if he rested his head on her shoulder. "What is it, Ursa? Did you find something that you were looking for in your saddlebag?" He asks while giving her a curious look.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo nodded in agreement. "Crystal's right, you know, Arrow? Books are interesting to read and they're also very informative. I've read my fair share of books for fun. I like reading the Harry Trotter series, but I especially love reading manga. It makes you feel like you are living out the character's life right before your eyes. Always on the edge of your seat when a chapter ends. I've even looked into some spell books from time to time to help practice up on my magic." He raised an eyebrow at Arrow, before looking back at the contents of the book Ursa had on her possession. "Don't mind him, Ursa. What does the book say? Does it have anything to do with what we are looking for. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows @Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight

Ursa nodded and pointed to the page. It showed a very exact drawing of the orb. But that's not what she was interested in.

"I think I found out some information that might help us better understand what we are looking for. Just listen to this." She cleared her throat and began to read aloud; "The Orb of Celestia, one of our most sacred crown jewels is, unknown to most, much more than just a relic. In the largest ruby, horrid magic is trapped inside. Magic that can mesmerize both evil and good. This orb was originally crafted for a young mare, who ruled long before our Princesses today. It was a present for her 16th birthday, but a wicked sorcerer, who wanted the mare dead, placed a curse on the ruby, leading the mare to her death. It's evil is still not completely understood, and its magic kept from the world. Thus, the orb is now taken under the care of Princess Celestia, and nopony shall steal it again." 

Ursa closed the book with a thud, "Wow." She looked at the other ponies, "Well, this just got extremely real." 

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14

Dynamo listened intently as Ursa had found the item that they were searching for. He almost shook in surprise at what he had just listened to. He honestly didn't think this ruby was that sought after, or that powerful and dangerous. "You can say that again, Ursa." He nods in agreement as he made his way to sit next to the cobalt mare. "I knew Celestia needed this orb, but I didn't know the orb was that important." He shook his head as he felt sorry for the mare who was supposed to receive the ruby. "I wonder why the sorcerer would want to have that mare taken out. I guess that's what comes with being in royalty. At least we know the name of this orb and ruby." He looked to Ursa and then to the others. "So, what do you think? Do you guys want to keep going to find this orb? I won't lie. After hearing that, I'm feeling a little nervous. However, I'm not going to give up yet. I want to search for this orb and ruby, find the items and bring them back to Celestia. What do you all say?" He asks as he awaited the response of this team. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

"I usually don't get fresh coffee. I used to always grab the stale left overs from diners. Even though celestia gave these coffee beans to you. But thank you anyway, Mike." 

A hoof grabbed the cup from one of the eye holes and poured down the remaining free eyehole. You don't see if she got burned or not drinking this way. You might not want to find out either.

Corners wondered if she could harness the power for herself. If there was a killing curse then, the box pony would be 'fine' theoretically. She should be able to invoke her schrodinstic cutie mark to not die. 

"If thats the case Ursa, you should let me handle it when we do get it back. If it does kill me, which it could. I always have a 50/50 chance of not dying and likewise if were the state in which this gem would kill me. Just don't open my box, I can probably stay in the simetanous state of death and life untill I expire."

@Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad

"Well suddenly this makes sense, if they knew we possessed a book talking about the orb, then that might've been why the thieves came after us." She put a hoof to her chin. "But if that was the case, I suppose they'd need an inside source among us to know in the first place. Which I'd prefer to leave as a last resort theory if everything else proves to be wrong."

(edited)

Dynamo couldn't help, but nod in agreement. "That's true, but at least I know we'll all have each other's back in this. With everything that happened, it's been somewhat scary, but you're right, Ursa. When I saw you and the others in trouble, I wasn't feeling afraid of what would happen to me. All that mattered was making sure those thieves wouldn't hurt you and the team." He blushed slightly, but smiled as he knew in his heart that it was true. "I just wonder where we have to go to find the Celestia orb. If these thieves don't have it, then I wonder where it's gone off to now." He took out his rations out of his saddle bag and began to eat. He knew he would need the strength to continue on this journey with the others. A journey he knew he wanted to complete. He listened to Crystal and nods. "It's weird how those thieves just knew we were here. I do wonder where they came from to know that we were after the orb. Maybe they spied on us, or overheard the conversations we were having? I honestly can't say for sure." 

He leaned over to Ursa, so that only she could hear him. "When we all get prepared to leave and move on, would it be okay if we can talk in private, Ursa? There's something that I wanted to ask you about." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@FanOfManyShows 

Ursa nodded in agreement, "That's completely true. Once everypony is saddled up, I'd like to leave as soon as possible. Now that we know what this is, we can't let it fall into the wrong hooves."

4 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo couldn't help, but nod in agreement. "That's true, but at least I know we'll all have each other's back in this. With everything that happened, it's been somewhat scary, but you're right, Ursa. When I saw you and the others in trouble, I wasn't feeling afraid of what would happen to me. All that mattered was making sure those thieves wouldn't hurt you and the team." He blushed slightly, but smiled as he knew in his heart that it was true. "I just wonder where we have to go to find the Celestia orb. If these thieves don't have it, then I wonder where it's gone off to now." He took out his rations out of his saddle bag and began to eat. He knew he would need the strength to continue on this journey with the others. A journey he knew he wanted to complete. He listened to Crystal and nods. "It's weird how those thieves just knew we were here. I do wonder where they came from to know that we were after the orb. Maybe they spied on us, or overheard the conversations we were having? I honestly can't say for sure." 

He leaned over to Ursa, so that only she could hear him. "When we all get prepared to leave and move on, would it be okay if we can talk in private, Ursa? There's something that I wanted to ask you about." 

She nodded obliviously, clearly too focused on their mission. This was getting way too real, and she didn't want to waste a second.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows@Pr0m4NV14

"A sorcerer placed a curse on it? Who would want something dangerous? A pony wielding such power could destroy everything along with themselves!"

Arrow had an idea.

"A while back, someone by the name of Trixie briefly took over Ponyville by wielding the alicorn amulet, then it was hidden somewhere. That Zebra, Zecora was involved in hiding it. Although I don't think we'll find her, it wouldn't be too far fetched if it was hidden in Everfree. Maybe we can find it and have one of us use it if the magic from that ruby is unleashed."

He gave it some more thought.

"I could be completely wrong though."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

" I feel like I was unheard. Like always..." She muttered the last part. Corners shrunk a bit inside her box. She knew she was destined to be alone and that orb could be the final reason why. 

"We should move. Any clue where to next?"

@Lucid_Nightlight

"That sounds like serious dark magic, and I wouldn't want to risk it."

Just now, MisterRe said:

" I feel like I was unheard. Like always..." She muttered the last part. Corners shrunk a bit inside her box. She knew she was destined to be alone and that orb could be the final reason why. 

"We should move. Any clue where to next?"

"Just let me get the map out, Corners and then we'll be on our way." She stood up, "Is everypony ready? We've got to go!"

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo nodded as he noticed that Ursa had been focused on her objective in the mission. The blue unicorn felt a little crestfallen. Maybe he shouldn't ask about the events of last night. 'I guess after reading that passage of the orb, she's become really focused. Maybe she'll remember and we can talk about what happened. I know we have a mission to complete, but still.' He thought as he turned his attention to Arrow. "I've heard stories about that from some of the residents in Ponyville. It's a good theory, but we'd have to find Zecora in order to find that amulet. Plus, she might have lost sight of where the amulet is, so that nopony can ever hope of uncovering that amulet and using it for evil purposes." He said while speaking his thoughts out loud.

Dynamo watched as Ursa stood up and began getting ready to go. He could only sigh and nod as he made his way to saddlebags. He packed his sleeping bag and other belongings. "I'm all set and ready to go. We've got a long road ahead of us." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

"What's got you down?" She asked him as she pulled out her map and slapped on her saddlebags, "You sound so depressed." She levitated the map in front of her then took a long sip of water (she had forgotten to drink this morning).

"Is everything alright?"

(edited)

@Emerald<3

Dynamo jumped in surprise as Ursa had noticed he was feeling a little down. He felt a trickle of sweat run down his forehead as he started to panic slightly. 'Do I say something, or just shrug it off as if it's nothing.' He contemplated the choices as she asked if he was okay. He took a deep breath and nodded. "I-I'm fine." He looked to see the others were all beginning to pack up, so he knew he had some time. He stood up and walked over to her, but stood close, so he could whisper to her. "I'm sorry. It's just...I know you're busy about this mission and I am, as well. I was just wondering something about last night. I know we all talked and I said...I like you and all. I remember you kissed my forehead, before falling asleep. Does that mean...you felt the same way?" He took a shaky breath while feeling a light blush dust his cheeks. He knew he shouldn't run from fear like Ursa had said. He nodded and steeled his resolve. "If you do, then d-did you want to try to be together? Maybe see how things go?" 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3

Crystal rolled her eyes a little. "So lovey dovey over here." She mumbled under her breath, chuckling to herself, putting up a facade, pretending that she wasn't feeling lonely. She looked over to Arrow and stepping closer to them as she sighed. "We should focus on figuring out what the curse is, any ideas?" She asked, looking at Arrow. While the question itself was directed at the rest. "Since if we don't know what it is, it could be dangerous to even hold."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo frowned as he heard Ursa's first response. He was about to respond and apologize for bothering her, but was stopped by her next response and smile. He wanted to think he had heard things, but he smiled softly. "I guess that's her way of saying that she's okay with the idea." He chuckled as he placed his saddlebags on his back and made his way to catch up to the cobalt mare. He looked back and nodded in agreement. "I guess it would probably be just as dangerous if we hold the orb and ruby in a levitation spell. I guess we'll have to figure out a way to secure the item without it affecting us in any way." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad