Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows

Dynamo nodded as he knew what he, and the rest of the team had to do. "First and foremost, we need to get out of this forest. It'll probably take us another day or two, but we'll be out of this place soon." He looked to Ursa, who had a serious expression upon her muzzle. "Hey, Ursa? When Celstia gave you that map. Did she have some sort of spell tracker on where the item could be located? Since those thieves didn't have it, then maybe there's a way to tell where we need to go next." He knew it was a long shot, but he wanted to help out the team in any way possible. 

"Blegh...." She shook off every branch and bramble."Don't need this anymore. Say you two love birds wanna just get move it while we talk. I like forests and all but the idea of being longer is peeving me." 

Corners ran ahead again but this time checking her footing as she ran.

(edited)

(Sorry about the lack of activity. I was out all day.)

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Mike had been following along with the group silently. He was thinking about how the Poison Joke could be used to set back the group of theives. As they were walking, Mike McGuffin had an idea. “I’ve got it!” He blurted out, fishing out an a few empty teabags from his saddlebag. “We get the poison joke, right, and we get the box to mix it in with their tea, then they drink it!” He said with glee. He caught up to arrow.

”So, whad’ya think?”

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe

Dynamo's ears perked as he looked back to see that Mike had an idea. He placed a hoof to his chin as he ran through the possibilities of the plan working. "It's a good idea when you think about it. They wouldn't know the type of drink they'd be having and then the effects would kick in. There is something I'm wondering though." He stopped suddenly and turned his attention to Mike. "Where would we find them in the first place? True, they did retreat, but we have no idea on where they are. They could be anywhere at this point." He suddenly shuddered at the thought of the thieves being close. He shook his head to erase any worries he had in his mind. "It's a great idea, but we'd have to catch them off guard. If there was a way to track them, then we could put that plan into motion." He turned around and began walking back to the front of the group.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14

Ursa looked at the others, "I'm not sure. But I keep having this weird feeling that that wizard....that he is the one behind all this. Could that be true? I mean, it doesn't say anything about his death in the book." She sighed, "I have a horrible feeling about this."

Ursa trudged ahead, levitating the map in front of her.

"The only place we'd get those would be near Zecora's place. Besides, what if one of us accidentally falls into a patch? Then we'd really be screwed." She answered without looking back, "We don't even have to worry about it right now. True, they are most likely to come back, but we know how to defend ourselves." She winked at Crystal, "When the time comes, we'll figure things out."

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo looked to Ursa as she talked about the sorcerer. "Yeah, you're right. The book didn't say anything about him passing away." He narrowed his eyes and was deep in thought. "You don't think he knows a spell that can keep him young, or to prolong his life. That, or he has an artifact, even the artifact we are looking for, could keep him alive after all this time. It just seems pretty strange, if you ask me." He nodded in agreement as he put a hoof on her shoulder. "You're not the only one. At least we'll all get through this together. If this sorcerer is really behind this all, then we'll just have to figure out how to take him down." 

Dynamo kept walking on as he moved a stray branch out of the way. "I don't even know where Zecora's place is located in this forest. I guess you'd have to take an alternate paht to avoid falling into a patch of poison joke. I'd hate to be affected by it. I guess I'd lost my ability to play games and possibly fight with the gaming techniques." He said, before continuing. "It's just like you said. We'll figure it ou when the time comes. Until then, we'll keep our guard up and make sure not to ruin into those clowns again." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows

"Who-cora?" Mike queried, putting the tea bags back in his bag.  He had no idea that someone would willingly live in such a hostile place. With Dynamo's explanation of being negatively affected by the Poison Joke, his mind filtered back to the one time a few months ago where he had been cursed to become Female. That experience was humiliating. 

"Oh god..." He muttered, wondering if the same would happen if he was affected by the plant.

@Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14

Dynamo shook his head. "No, not Who-cora. Zecora. She's a zerbra from a faraway land, who lives in a hut in the Everfree Forest. She usually stops by Ponyville every month or so. She usually picks up ingredients she needs to help make potions, cures and such." He explained to help give the others a better explanation of the zebra in question. He couldn't help, but chuckle at Arrow's idea. "That would be pretty funny if those clowns tried to fight, but then they start getting affected by the poison ivy. If we knew where they were and if we we're sneaky, then that idea would work wonders. That's a bit if, though." He said while taking Arrow's idea in account.

(edited)

Corners was still straight ahead but not too far from hearing the conversation behind her. The forest seemed to deeper and deeper, more stark and steep. She braced through the ever thickening brambles and grass blades. In the corner of her eye she spotted a ominus blue glow. Was it? Is it? A deceptive blue patch of flowers were off in the distance.

"Think I found some of that blue crud you guys want." A hoof poked out the way to the Poison joke.

Edited by MisterRe
Mistake

@Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Crystal silently followed the others as they seemed to wander into the forest. Then paused her step when Corners mentioned that they spotted the plant the group was searching for. "There is the possibility that the poison joke will give them the advantage, since it plays jokes, it might find that funny." She looked to Mike. "We should at least, consider a plan B, if this doesn't go well."

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows

“Oh, a plan B, would be a good idea.” Said Mike, getting closer to the Box to check out the plants.

”Those look just like the ones in the book!” He said, disturbing some of the leaves on the forest floor. 

“Um, Miss, can you please use, magic or something to grab a few of them?” He asked the blue-green Unicorn, stepping towards her.

Where he stood a mess of blue petals lay.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

@Pr0m4NV14 @FanOfManyShows

Dynamo nodded and contemplated on what the plan for the poison joke would be. "Maybe having them laugh so much, would be an advantage for us. Their laughter could be a really big distraction, so we could catch them off guard. It all depends on how one looks at the situation." He says before nodding in agreement to Crystal's suggestion. "It's always good to have a backup plan, in case all else fails. What would be plan B?" He asks as he tried to come up with a few ideas on what they could do to get the drop on the thieves. Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Mike mentioning the poison joke plants, which were in the book. "Just be careful not to get to close to the flowers." He says as he stopped walking to get a better view of where the poison joke was located. "We'll probably have to go around these flowers to avoid being affected by them." He used his magic to levitate the flowers out of the ground, while levitating the flowers to Mike, but made sure that the flowers were not too close to anyone. "Do you want me to uproot the flowers with my magic? We'd just have to be careful to not have the poison joke get on us."

"Plan B could just capture the leader or one of them and interrogate them. I have a claustrophobic box to put them in until they are ready to talk."

Corners was ready to knock some heads in and get her hooves on that gem and her amnesty.

Ursa frowned at the group, still looking unsure about the idea. What if it touched any of their skin unintentionally? The plan had quirks, and she wasn't on board. But it seems everypony else was, and therefore she didn't have the deciding vote. 

Ursa sighed and looked down, saying nothing as she watched Dynamo pick the flowers. 

"How could they even be over here?" She whispered to herself, "I've never seen any of these in the middle of the forest. They are usually much deeper." She looked at the others, "Put those down, right now!" She shouted, "I have a bad feeling about this. We aren't far enough into the forest for there to be any poison joke!" She explained.

@Emerald<3 @MisterRe

Dynamo's looked to Corners while contemplating on the idea. "I think that could work. However, we'll have to capture Larcen and his goons if we're going to make them talk. I don't know if the three of them are claustrophobic, but it's worth a try, at least." He said as he began taking a closer look at the flower he picked. His ears perked as he heard Ursa calling out to the entire group. He suddenly threw the flowers back into the field, so as to not hit any of the other teammates with the flowers. "Is everything okay, Ursa? How do you know these aren't poison joke flowers? Is there any information about the flowers in your map and/or book?" He asks he looks to the field of flowers in worry. "If these aren't poison joke, then what in Equestria are they?" He took a few tentative steps back, so as to not touch any of the flowers.

@Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight

Ursa looked at Dynamo, "I'm not sure what it is, but I suggest we avoid it, and only approach real poison joke." She turned to Arrow, "That's a decent idea. But I wouulldn't want to jump them without a reason. I'll tuck that idea in my pocket for now, and we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." She said, "I'm not trying to be rude, its just that I don't think we should do anything reckless unless those three come back to bite us again."

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo nodded as he looked around the clearing of the forest. "I agree with Crystal. I don't know what this is, but if Ursa says this stuff could be dangerous, then I'm not taking any chances. The problem is that I'm not entirely sure where to begin with this forest." He turned his attention to Ursa with a hopeful look. "So, what do you think, Ursa? Where should we go from here? I know we have to keep looking for the orb, but is there a route to go around this place to head for the poison joke?" He asks, before nodding in agreement to the future plan of capturing the villains. "We'll just have to wait until we see them again. It's like what Ursa had said, Arrow. Knowing those three, they'll find us again and will want payback. We'll be ready for them, capture them and then get all the info we need when it comes to gathering the information necessary for this quest." 

@Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Fanofmanyshows

"We could go around, but we would have to be careful. There could be a few stray plants hanging around." Said Mike, studying the plants that may or may not be the poison joke closely. 

He wiped whatever was on his hind hoof off on a rock and looked up at the Guard. "Are you sure charging at them would be a good idea? They seemed pretty good at fighting. What if there are more of them?"

@Pr0m4NV14

"Alright, maybe charging them is not a good idea, but I do have some other ideas. We could use my shields and do a phalanx so that we can hit them, but they can't hit us. If the phalanx isn't your thing, there is also guerrilla tactics. The phalanx works for both small and large amounts of enemies, guerrilla tactics are really only good for massive amounts of enemies."

@Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14

Dynamo nods at Mike's suggestion, while also looking around at the surrounding stray plants and trees. "That idea can work, but we'll have to be careful. None of us have ever been in the Everfree forest before, so you never know what to expect in this kind of place." He says while looking over to Mike and Arrow. "Those three do appear to be capable fighters. We were lucky to defend ourselves when they got the drop on us. Next time might not be so fortunate, you know?" He placed a hoof to his chin as he took Arrow's ideas into account. "I can see that working. We have six teammates against their three. So, if we sent a few to attack when they do, then we can use guerrilla tactics. If we knock them out one by one and bait them into our traps, then we might have a chance." 

"Trust me... I can make them claustrophobic. Plus I'm not sure they can get me out of this box with a few corners to their shins and ribs. I'm sorry I missed the fight earlier. Kinda fell alseep."

Corners perked up a bit. She liked the idea of a fight.