Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Mike spluttered awake. With a groan, he got off of the floor of the carriage. 

"I'm up. A-are we there yet?" He yawned, half awake. Unbenosted to him, the Earth Pony had a large mark on his face from sleeping on it. He walked over beside Crystal.

"I uh... I noticed you were concerned about not being able to protect yourself. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll find something for you to swing around." He said, trying to reassure the older Unicorn. 

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Silly me! I forgot to mention you guys!

Corners couldn't sleep. She meant to but the racket of the boxcar had sullied her nap. Instead her closed eyes concentrated on the conversations held, moving her iris where the sounds were sourced. They were interesting. Corners hid her facial expressions that showed her sympathy, although her faced scrunched about in small lapses.

(edited)

@Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @Lloyd

Ursa looked past Dynamo, smiling as the train's speed slowed.

"I'm not sure I'm ready to do this..." She said to herself.

Not only about going into the Everfree Freaking Forest, but of getting off the train.

Would this gaurd here be as worst as the last?

Her ears drooped and she winced as the train came to a stop.

(Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I was at the movies).

Edited by Emerald<3
I had to fix it

1 hour ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 @Lloyd

"I wouldn't be worried, Ursa. The princess chose you for a reason." Arrow assured her.

He got up from his seat and stepped off the train.

"We should head to Everfree, we have no idea what those thieves will do if we don't stop them soon."

Ursa nodded and nervously exited the train, making sure she was the last one off. There was a requirer bag check, and she didn't feel like going through that mayham again.

"Hand your weapons to Corners." She motioned to the Box Pony, "She'll be able to carry them in without gaurds noticing." 

Ursa turned to the mare, "Would you be alright with that?"

@Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @Pr0m4NV14 @Lloyd

"Don't worry about my weapons, I've learned a little trick with my magic saddle bag."

He took the food and supplies in his non-magic bag and put them in the magic one.

"You see, these train stations have incompetent guards. They're even more incompetent than the royal guards and that says a lot!"

He got to the point.

"They'll open it, see just a bunch of supplies and won't see the weapons."

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3 @Lloyd

Mike dashed out of the car in ahead of the group. The guards at the Ponyville station only noticed a small Earth Pony with a couple of sacks on his back, and nothing else. The truth is that he didn't want to be caught by the guards, he just needed to use the restroom. And that is where he headed to.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe

Dynamo took note of Arrow's suggestion and stuffed his gaming handhelds, controllers and games into the saddlebag full of weapons and tools. He noticed Mike had rushed out of the train, before walking to the bag check. He waited with baited breath as the guards looked through his bag. After seeing the guard pass him through security check, he took his saddlebags and walked past them. He let go of a breath that he didn't even know that he was holding. "That was a close one. I thought we would have been found out." He said softly to himself. He looked over to Arrow and gave him a thankful look. "Thanks for the idea, Arrow. It seems a little rude to say that about the guards, but I can't blame you on that. It seems like a lot of crazy things and disasters happening a lot. So, it's a wonder how the guards don't appear to help out. No offense of course." He took a few steps, but stopped while waiting for the others. "Let's wait here for Mike to catch up. I don't see him, but if we stay in one spot, then he'll be able to find us." He said as he turned his vision to the direction of the forest. "I've been in Ponyville for about a year, so I know where some things are. The forest is past Sugarcube corner and the arcade. I'll lead us to the forest, so we don't become lost, if that's okay."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Crystal stood up, walking off to another seat, further away from the others. There wasn't much of a reason stated by her. Figuring that she couldn't talk sense into anypony, if she herself had some, odd ways of coping too. So she just sat there until the train arrived at the station, when it stopped she stood up, walking out with the others. "I am just glad I don't have anything that could be considered a weapon." She looked to the others, chuckling a little. "Actually, Maybe the fact we're not the elements of harmony is how we beat the thieves?" She wondered aloud, since it crossed her mind that the reason they were picked is because of the fact they are just strangers to the thieves.

@Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad @Pr0m4NV14 @Lloyd @MisterRe

(Sorry for taking so long. I was out with my friends).

Ursa shyly exited the train. And as soon as she did, she wished she was back on.

This all felt way too intense for her. Ursa? Going on some God dang quest for the Princesses?

She was probably dead already.

So, Ursa trotted somewhere in the middle of the group to camaflouge herself.

Mike returned to the group, excited.

"The Everfree Forest sounds like such an interesting place! I heard there is this castle therein the heart of the woods! Do you think those thieves could be hiding out there?"

He had a huge grin on his face. Despite having to deal with the Princesses' business, it was an adventure nonetheless, and he loved that type of things. 

Corners had no use for weapons, but its likely for her to use such materials as repair and improvements of her box. The box pony followed the group, her weapons neeatly hidden as well as her appearance. Though the guards were adament in not messing with the pony in heavier armor than them. One tap with their hooves told them this box pony meant business.

6 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

Mike returned to the group, excited.

"The Everfree Forest sounds like such an interesting place! I heard there is this castle therein the heart of the woods! Do you think those thieves could be hiding out there?"

He had a huge grin on his face. Despite having to deal with the Princesses' business, it was an adventure nonetheless, and he loved that type of things. 

Ursa sighed and rubbed her hoof nervously. She wasn't ready for this.

"I think I'll catch the next train back home. I shouldn't even be here." She thought out loud, "All I am is Books and Cleverness."

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @MisterRe @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe

As he saw Mike return, Dynamo turned the group and motioned for them to follow him. "Okay, you guys. Let's get going to the forest. We'll have to cover some ground, if we want to make it there before nightfall." He looked towards the sky to see that it was around midday, so they had plenty of time. He had heard about the dangers of the forest, so he knew they had to be on guard. He noticed that Mike had a look of excitement as he talked about the castle. "Oh, you mean the castle of the two sisters? I've heard stories of that place from the residents in Ponyville. Apparently that was the original castle of both Celestia and Luna, before Luna turned into Nightmare Moon. It is in the middle of the forest. Plus, it is somewhat of a place to keep others trekking through the forest." He spoke his thoughts out loud, but soon nodded. "I think they could be there. If not, then it's a good place to stop by, in case we go to far. That was a great idea, Mike." He smiled to him as the neared Sugarcube corner.

He looked back as Ursa began to doubt herself. "You shouldn't say that, Ursa. You're a capable mare. You can read a map that not many of us can read. It's a special map that depicts the stars and such. If the thieves had that map, then we'd be in major trouble." He walked over to the cobalt mare as he placed a hoof upon her shoulder. "If there's anypony that doesn't deserve to be here, then it's me." He breathed a heavy sigh, before continuing. "It seems like nopony here trusts me enough to be on this mission. I'm all about games, but it's more than that. You said you're about books and cleverness, right? Well, reading and being clever means that your smart and capable of defending yourself. It's also being able to solve and know something that somepony here might not know. You were able to get through that guard by being clever, right?" He smiled at her and nods. "You have to give yourself a lot more credit. I know you can be of great help and I know you'll be able to do this. You're a friend and I wouldn't lie to my friends. You trust me, right, Ursa?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Emerald<3

Crystal placed her hoof on Ursa's shoulder. "I feel the same way, actually."  She chuckled to herself. "I am a writer, I have no place here, but Celestia called us. So clearly there's something we can do. Like if your clever, then that's useful." 

2 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @MisterRe @Lucid_Nightlight 

As he saw Mike return, Dynamo turned the group and motioned for them to follow him. "Okay, you guys. Let's get going to the forest. We'll have to cover some ground, if we want to make it there before nightfall." He looked towards the sky to see that it was around midday, so they had plenty of time. He had heard about the dangers of the forest, so he knew they had to be on guard. He noticed that Mike had a look of excitement as he talked about the castle. "Oh, you mean the castle of the two sisters? I've heard stories of that place from the residents in Ponyville. Apparently that was the original castle of both Celestia and Luna, before Luna turned into Nightmare Moon. It is in the middle of the forest. Plus, it is somewhat of a place to keep others trekking through the forest." He spoke his thoughts out loud, but soon nodded. "I think they could be there. If not, then it's a good place to stop by, in case we go to far. That was a great idea, Mike." He smiled to him as the neared Sugarcube corner.

He looked back as Ursa began to doubt herself. "You shouldn't say that, Ursa. You're a capable mare. You can read a map that not many of us can read. It's a special map that depicts the stars and such. If the thieves had that map, then we'd be in major trouble." He walked over to the cobalt mare as he placed a hoof upon her shoulder. "If there's anypony that doesn't deserve to be here, then it's me." He breathed a heavy sigh, before continuing. "It seems like nopony here trusts me enough to be on this mission. I'm all about games, but it's more than that. You said you're about books and cleverness, right? Well, reading and being clever means that your smart and capable of defending yourself. It's also being able to solve and know something that somepony here might not know. You were able to get through that guard by being clever, right?" He smiled at her and nods. "You have to give yourself a lot more credit. I know you can be of great help and I know you'll be able to do this. You're a friend and I wouldn't lie to my friends. You trust me, right, Ursa?"

Her frown turned into a look of sympathy, "Nobody thinks that you are useless. At least, I certainly don't." A smile slowly spread across her face, "I'm contemplating this situation we are in. I have not known many ponies who care for me, which sequels zero. So in theory, it would depend on your actions and how you treatment of me. So, yes. I do."  She bit her lip, "Besides, I am no good at defense. I only know how to do protection spells."

She rolled her eyes, "Just look at me, I'm boring everypony already."

7 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

@Emerald<3

Crystal placed her hoof on Ursa's shoulder. "I feel the same way, actually."  She chuckled to herself. "I am a writer, I have no place here, but Celestia called us. So clearly there's something we can do. Like if your clever, then that's useful." 

"I suppose." She said with a small sigh, "But you are not useless. Writers can be clever, you have to be if you can create a story. Especially ones as successful as yours."  She winked, "No need to worry though, I have a feeling these ponies won't care how famous you are." Ursa winced, "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude...you...you know what I mean." 

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Lloyd @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14

Dynamo felt completely speechless by what Ursa had said. He didn't have that many friends and he didn't know many ponies in town, but here was somepony, who truly cared. He smiled and nodded thankfully. "Thank you for the kind words. Nopony has really said something like that to me." He said, before continuing. "Well you can get rid of the zero because I care. You're a friend in my book, so you've got somepony to watch your back. Thank you for putting your trust in me. I don't go back on my word, so you can trust me." He nodded in agreement as he knew how she felt. "I'm not good at most spells in general, so you're off to a better start than I am. Remember what I said? I was born without magic and had to find my magic. I've got the hang of it, but I'm still not the best. Your protection spells can help save yourself and save us. It'll be beneficial when it comes to battles and strategic maneuvers." He shook his head at her last remark. "I don't think you're boring. I can tell that you're worried and concerned and that's okay. Everyone can be scared from time to time, but it takes courage to try something you're not used to. You came on this mission and that takes guts. So, believe me when I say that you are not boring and I know you can do this, Ursa." He looked to see the other members in the team. "Isn't that right, guys?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)
20 minutes ago, Emerald<3 said:

Her frown turned into a look of sympathy, "Nobody thinks that you are useless. At least, I certainly don't." A smile slowly spread across her face, "I'm contemplating this situation we are in. I have not known many ponies who care for me, which sequels zero. So in theory, it would depend on your actions and how you treatment of me. So, yes. I do."  She bit her lip, "Besides, I am no good at defense. I only know how to do protection spells."

She rolled her eyes, "Just look at me, I'm boring everypony already."

"I suppose." She said with a small sigh, "But you are not useless. Writers can be clever, you have to be if you can create a story. Especially ones as successful as yours."  She winked, "No need to worry though, I have a feeling these ponies won't care how famous you are." Ursa winced, "Sorry, I didn't mean to sound rude...you...you know what I mean." 

"Buck up or shush up. We should move out asap. There is a time and place for that but nows not the time." 

Corners dashed ahead of everypony else. She was quite nimble despite the immense weight of metal upon her head. The box pony had little interest in making friends, especially the guard pony. The forest clearing was a few minutes of walking but Corners closed that distance with few seconds of full sprint. She had meant to stop at the edge of the forest entrance but her momentum had put her off balance, causing her to miststep onto her tail and fling her and the box. A few flips later Corner's was hooves up box down. Dirt dents and patched grasses had lead up to this crash scene.

Edited by MisterRe

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Dynamo watched as Corners ran ahead of them as they tripped and made a crash landing. He cringed at what had happened, but he shook his head and sighed. "Now that's what I call a bumpy ride. Here I thought I was bad at watching where I'm going. Hopefully they'll be okay." He said as he walked up to join the box pony. As they reached the forest, he took a look around to gather his surroundings. It was nothing but trees for miles, but looks could be deceiving. He looked to Crystal and gave her a look of reassurance. "We can't be prepared for every situation. Besides, we have a spare amount of weapons. If you need help, then we'll give you the necessary tools to defend yourself." He turned back to face the front of the fores and nods. "I hope so, as well. We got an early start on our journey, so they probably didn't get pretty far. Besides..." He looked around to make sure they were on full alert. "They could be anywhere in this forest. You can't just rule out the castle of the two sisters as the only hiding spot."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

Ursa opened her saddlebags and pulled out her map, "If we follow this, we should be able to get there will to arrive in four to six days."

She sighed out of nervousness, but took three steps forward.

Mike peeked over the shoulder of Arrow. The woods yawned over the group and seemed to go on forever into the gloom. He leaned over to remove a torch strapped to one of his extra saddlebags.

"Anyhone got a flishnt or someshing?" Mike said, with the torch in his mouth. If the canopy of leaves was going to dim their path, a light would surely be needed.

@Pr0m4NV14

Ursa simply lit her horn, and the magical glowy-ness illuminated their surroundings. She levitated the map in front of her face, looking very serious as she did. 

"Everypony stick close by each other." She said seriously, "According to this map, we need to walk a few feet until we reach the clearing." She shot a look at Corners, "I give my very trust in you that you will stay with the group."

She straightened her back, "I'll lead the way. Let's go."