Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3

Arrow was a bit worried about Ursa, so he stuck close to her.

"You can lead, but I'm sticking close to you. Don't take this personally, but I fear that you may not fully commit when in a fight, and if you don't fully commit, you can get hurt or worse."

He did not look down on her at all, he just saw how shy she was and it made him believe that she'd have trouble protecting himself.

"You remind me of a friend I once had. She was shy and had trouble protecting herself. She was smart though, she tagged along on my adventures. On my final one, I was hit by an arrow, I was unable to stand. She jumped in and saved me. She managed to kill this enemy, but at the cost of her own life as well."

He continued speaking as he walked with her.

"Although I miss her, I understand that some have it worse. I guess keeping you out of harms way will repay the debt I owe to her for her sacrifice."

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight

"You think I am helpless?" Ursa asked in an enranged tone, "You think just because I can't defend myself I am unable to help out?"

"Well, if you had been paying attention I freaking blasted that gaurd back with a shield, you meanie."

"I admit, I am not as tough as the rest of you, but I am not some helpless idiot! I can survive!" She growled at him angrily.

Ursa wasn't as innocent and shy as she appeared. She enjoyed talking to ponies, but the ones who actually cared about her. She was also quite the worrywart 

Oh, and she had a very, very short fuse.

Ursa humphed and said nothing as they walked. She didn't say anything for a while.

"Ponies think I'm shy. But I'm not." She looked at Arrow, "I just don't have any friends."

Edited by Emerald<3
I had to fix it

(edited)

@Emerald<3

"I do not think you are helpless. It's just that back at the train station, you did not retaliate when that guard pushed you over."

He had a sincere look.

"Listen, you're an asset for the group, but after seeing what happened back there... it'd be against everything I stand for not to help you."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Emerald<3

"That anger of yours will get you nowhere. You anger is what truly makes you weak. You take things too personally, which will one day consume you if you learn not to let words get you, especially when you are finding insults where there are none."

He was simply trying to help her.

"I meant nothing mean."

Corner's was dazed and peeved at her failure. She felt the sky stare down at her as her agoraphobia kicked in only slightly. Corners safe as long as she was inside. Still upside down, she had wondered if any would help her up soon. Maybe not. With equal finese as her movements(not counting her fall), Corners flipped her box over in a single motion. Up and adam, she asked Dynamo.

"You know you could've helped me anytime, but thats fine and dandy." Her passive aggressiveness echoed within the box.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Dynamo nodded as Ursa was telling the others to stick close. He smiled in relief that she helped illuminate the surroundings. He used a simple light spell to help out in lighting up their path. "You've got it, Ursa." He said, before motioning to the group. "If you hear anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, then let us know." He said as Ursa took the lead into the forest. He frowned as he had heard about Arrow losing a friend that was important to him. He could understand, since he had lost someone who was important to him not too long ago. He winced slightly as Ursa became furious at arrow, but said nothing. He looked to Arrow, before replying. "Just let her be. She's strong and capable of holding her own. I saw her get past that guard and she's pretty clever." He listened as Arrow explained about anger, but nodded in understanding. "You know? That talk about anger reminded me of a quote in the game, God of War. Anger can be seen as a weakness, unless you keep it in check and use that anger to good use. We all have something that we don't like, but we are who we are. We just have to turn negative aspects into positive outlooks."

He turned to Corners and gave them an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about that, but it seemed like you weren't hurt. You said your box pretty much protects you from mostly everything. Besides, that tumble you took is how I fall sometimes. I don't watch where I'm going and I end up hitting a wall, or land flat on my face." He chuckled sheepishly at the numerous times that had happened to him. "Again, sorry about that. If you need help, then ask for help. You know I'll be over to back you up and help you out." He looked to Corners and gave her an honest and sincere smile. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@MisterRe @Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight

Mike had put the torch back in the straps of his extra saddlebags. The black Unicorn appeared as a shadow in the light of her horn. 

"Hey, that's a huge tree. That would be a great landmark if we get lost, Wood'nt it?" He gestured towards an extremely tall tree, chuckling at his own pun. It was really dark, and He had no idea what time it was. 

"So... Did the Princesses give us a watch or something?" 

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Crystal followed them all mostly silent as she did so. Observing the surroundings as they ventured into the forest. But then her silence was broken as soon as Mike spoke. "Seriously?" She looked to him, with narrowed eyes. "These trees would be hard to tell apart, and that pun wasn't, good." Crystal wasn't one for jokes, especially if they had very little effort put into them. "We could use something other than a tree, you know the exact thing that currently surrounds us, as a landmark."

(edited)
11 hours ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Emerald<3

"That anger of yours will get you nowhere. You anger is what truly makes you weak. You take things too personally, which will one day consume you if you learn not to let words get you, especially when you are finding insults where there are none."

He was simply trying to help her.

"I meant nothing mean."

She stayed quiet for a little bit, but suddenly started to cry. She avoided his gaze, "I-I'm sorry." She hiccuped, "I...I...I've always had a short temper. I guess that's why I don't have any friends, huh?"

4 hours ago, MisterRe said:

Corner's was dazed and peeved at her failure. She felt the sky stare down at her as her agoraphobia kicked in only slightly. Corners safe as long as she was inside. Still upside down, she had wondered if any would help her up soon. Maybe not. With equal finese as her movements(not counting her fall), Corners flipped her box over in a single motion. Up and adam, she asked Dynamo.

"You know you could've helped me anytime, but thats fine and dandy." Her passive aggressiveness echoed within the box.

Ursa looked at Corners with sympathy, "I'm sorry. You're not hurt are you?"

3 hours ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Dynamo nodded as Ursa was telling the others to stick close. He smiled in relief that she helped illuminate the surroundings. He used a simple light spell to help out in lighting up their path. "You've got it, Ursa." He said, before motioning to the group. "If you hear anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, then let us know." He said as Ursa took the lead into the forest. He frowned as he had heard about Arrow losing a friend that was important to him. He could understand, since he had lost someone who was important to him not too long ago. He winced slightly as Ursa became furious at arrow, but said nothing. He looked to Arrow, before replying. "Just let her be. She's strong and capable of holding her own. I saw her get past that guard and she's pretty clever." He listened as Arrow explained about anger, but nodded in understanding. "You know? That talk about anger reminded me of a quote in the game, God of War. Anger can be seen as a weakness, unless you keep it in check and use that anger to good use. We all have something that we don't like, but we are who we are. We just have to turn negative aspects into positive outlooks."

He turned to Corners and gave them an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about that, but it seemed like you weren't hurt. You said your box pretty much protects you from mostly everything. Besides, that tumble you took is how I fall sometimes. I don't watch where I'm going and I end up hitting a wall, or land flat on my face." He chuckled sheepishly at the numerous times that had happened to him. "Again, sorry about that. If you need help, then ask for help. You know I'll be over to back you up and help you out." He looked to Corners and gave her an honest and sincere smile. 

She smiled at Dynamo, a real, genuine smile, "You're alright, Dynamo. I appreciate that." She winked at him just to be silly, "I think we can be good friends." A blush came to her face, "Unless...you don't want to be friends with me. I get if you don't want to..."

41 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

@MisterRe @Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight

Mike had put the torch back in the straps of his extra saddlebags. The black Unicorn appeared as a shadow in the light of her horn. 

"Hey, that's a huge tree. That would be a great landmark if we get lost, Wood'nt it?" He gestured towards an extremely tall tree, chuckling at his own pun. It was really dark, and He had no idea what time it was. 

"So... Did the Princesses give us a watch or something?" 

Ursa burst out laughing, "Yeah, but we wouldn't want to bark up the wrong tree!" She laughed at her own pathetic joke. Ursa loved puns.

25 minutes ago, FanOfManyShows said:

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Crystal followed them all mostly silent as she did so. Observing the surroundings as they ventured into the forest. But then her silence was broken as soon as Mike spoke. "Seriously?" She looked to him, with narrowed eyes. "These trees would be hard to tell apart, and that pun wasn't, good." Crystal wasn't one for jokes, especially if they had very little effort put into them. "We could use something other than a tree, you know the exact thing that currently surrounds us, as a landmark."

Ursa's head turned, "All puns are bad. But that's what makes them so amazing!" She explained, "Here." She levitated a stick and placed it in the center of the woods, as if like a pole, "There's your landmark. But as long as I have this map, we should be good to go." 

Edited by Emerald<3

Corners shrugged, giving a comical elevation to the box. She didn't care much for puns or apologies. While they were figuring for landmarks, The box pony had an idea. With no use of conventional weaponry, aside from a side mount she'll refuse to use, she stuck a sword into the nearby tree. 

"The handle points the way back. The point the way forward. And how are we going to find our way when the skies aren't clear? This is the answer."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad

"You shouldn't be too hard on yourself, Ursa. I use to get angry easily before I became a guard. It got me into very bad situations, it's part of the reason I got an arrow to the knee."

He looked to everyone else.

"Remember, Everfree is a dangerous place. Stick close to the group and do not run off."

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 

Dynamo smiled at her words and nods. "Thank you, Ursa. That's really nice of you to say that." He chuckled and returns the wink she gave to him. "I think so, as well. I think we all can be good friends, but we need to trust and get to know each other. I know this mission can be arduous and difficult, but we'll be able to get through this." He shook her head as he saw her blush, yet doubtful look. "Of course I want to be your friend. You've been kind to me and very understanding. When I helped you out earlier because of that guard. I didn't do that to prove a point, or to mess around by playing game. I truly did that because I wanted to protect and care for my friends." He smiled softly and nods. "I'm your friend, whether you like it or not. So, you'll have to get used to me, okay?" He grinned sheepishly with a chuckle. 

He chuckled once more at the bad pun that Mike had made. "That pun was so bad, that it was really funny. I guess you Wood have to make a pun like that, huh Mike?" He chuckled once more as he added onto the pun. He nodded in agreement to Ursa's statement. "It's true. I know of a pony on PonyTube that loves to make puns. Some of them are so bad, that you have no choice, but to acknowledge and laugh at." He watched as the stick was placed in the middle of the woods. "We'll have to ingrain that into our minds, so we won't get lost. This forest is massive, so we'll do our best to remember this." He hummed in thought to Corner's question. "Maybe we can shoot a magic beam into the sky? For a unicorn, we can make a type of firework that will explode and tell of our location. I'm honestly not sure of what to say for a Pegasus or earth pony. Sorry about that." He began thinking of other ways to help the team meet up if they got lost.

He took heed to Arrow's advice and nods. "You never know what you'll find in this forest. So, we'll do our best to stick close. Maybe we can take watch, one at a time, so nothing happens. What do you guys think?"

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight

"I'm not sure shooting fireworks is such a good idea. We might attract attention from potential enemies. We need something more subtle. Besides, that would be inconvenient for the other ponies." She tapped her chin with her hoof, "We'll think about that later. But we should probably walk ahead, while the sky is starting to clear up." She sighed, "I agree with you there, Dynamo." She said with a smile, "When it comes to sleeping, we should definetley keep watch. But we would have to switch out with somepony every few hours." She turned to arrow, "I assume you do the same at your regular job?" She questioned, as she marched ahead.

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo could only sigh and nod in agreement. "That's true when you think about it. It was a suggestion, but I wasn't sure if it would work, to be honest." He nods while trying to think of something that would be considered subtle, but frowned as he thought of nothing. "We'll come up with some ideas later. Maybe a password type of thing in case of any worst case scenarios." He said as the group continued to trek through the forest. "Since there are six of us, we can take turns in shifts. That way, we'll all get a good amount of hours of sleep, so we won't feel tired later on. We'll figure out the order when the time comes for us to stop for the night." He nods in agreement as Ursa asked about Arrow's job on his job as a guard. "That makes a lot of sense. With six ponies in a group. How many hours would be required to watch over the campsite, Arrow?" He asked curiously to his teammate. 

@MisterRe @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad @Emerald<3

Mike watched the box stick a blade into the thick trunk of the tree he mentioned.

"Gee, that's a good idea." He said. He was amused by Ursa's pun. 

'Heh heh... So, if we're talking about setting up camp later today, I'd be willing to have the first watch.', however long that is" Mike said, doing some quick math in his head. He guessed that he would be up for an extra one and a half hours.

"Oh, and don't worry, I got plenty of sleep today."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @FanOfManyShows

Dynamo smiled as he felt his idea was a good contribution to the team. "If Mike is taking the first watch, then I'll take the second or last watch. I usually wake up early, so I'll be a little tired. However, that won't stop me from doing my job." He said as he nodded towards Arrow's remark. "Thanks for the heads up on the keeping watch. I am wondering about something. How many hours would we all have to watch? Since there are six of us, we can split up the hours, so everypony here will have a equal amount of rest." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad @MisterRe

"And I'm used to staying up late. I love watching the stars in the night sky, and usually stay up later than I should." She said with a smile, "The night is always so beautiful." She swooned, walking a little faster than before, "See?"

She pointed up at the night sky, which was already twinkling with stars, "So lovely..."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows

Dynamo could only nod in agreement to Ursa's statement. "It makes sense, given that your cutie mark seems to relate to the stars and night sky. I know what you mean, though. The night sky is truly pretty when you look at it. It's almost like watching a show whenever there are shooting stars streaking across the night sky." He looked up to see a few stars twinkling. He turned his attention over to Crystal and nodded. "I guess we've traveled a lot today. We've made a great distance from where we all live, then to Canterlot, then finally into the Everfree forest." He said as he turned back to Ursa, who was still leading the group. "What do you think, Ursa? Should we keep going for a little while longer, or should we stop for the evening?" He didn't mind on walking, but he wasn't sure about the other members in the team. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa turned to her friend, "Well, I believe we should walk a bit further before we find a good place to rest." She explained, "But it really depends on what the rest of you think."

Edited by Emerald<3
I had to fix it

"Wake me when you need me." Corners stopped dead in her tracks and began. "I'll take a double shift if you don't mind. I had plenty of sleep beforehoof, being a vagrant and all has its perks."

Corners pushed her box downward to make a foundation with in the dirt. You can hear an audible crunch as the ground crumpled beneath the earth pony's force. A testamite to how strong she is. 

"Sigh... can these ponies really become my friends..." Corners whispered with her box.

(edited)

@Pr0m4NV14 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad

"Aw geez, it's night already? We should find a clearing or a cave or something. Then we can set up camp." Mike offered. He would like to sit down and get the extra weight off of his back. Despite the charm put on the bags, they still had some weight, and that was on top of his original gear. He looked over the large spear Arrow wielded. Mike followed suit and drew his trusty sword Jennifer, which gave off a slight glow in the darkness.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Grammar!