Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 

Dynamo nodded as he continued walking. "That sounds fair. We should try to look for a good place for shelter. It's better to stay hidden instead of out in the open." He said as he watched the others start to unload their belongings to stop for the night. He decided that traveling time had come to and end. He sat down and took his saddlebags off of his back. The blue unicorn was never one to carry any weapons. He had a bit of wit to him and tried to keep a sharp eye on his surroundings. "If you hear anything, then let me know, Arrow. The same for everypony else. Let each other know and stay in pairs. This way, we can assist one another and call in backup." He said, while taking Arrow's words to heart. "I'm not sure there's a cave around here, Mike. This place seems to be nothing but trees for miles." He said as he turned his attentions to Ursa. "What do you think, Ursa? Is there any cave or shelter that's close to us on the map?" He asked with a curious expression upon his muzzle. 

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Crystal sat down, she didn't exactly pack much to begin with, other than some snacks. so she brought those out of her saddle bag, setting it infront of herself. "Well, if we're unpacking, anypony want the food I brought?" She asked, taking out a apple, one of the many she brought, and offering it to the others.

@Dynamo Pad

"Just one, but it's a long way ahead. We're going to have to settle here. Sorry." She frowned, "I think we're relatively hidden. Just make sure not to light anything. We don't want to attract attention."

So, she set her things down and pulled a expertly folded sleeping bag and lay it on the ground in front of her.

It was a deep blue, and had Ursa's cutie mark on it.

"Wake me as soon as you need me." She said.

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo smiled and shook his head. "You don't have to apologize. I appreciate you telling us and this spot is better than nothing, in my opinion." He pulled out a rolled up, purple colored sleeping bag. He nodded at her request of not lighting anything. "I guess that means I can't use my light spell. Oh, well. I guess it's for the best, if it means we don't get spotted by anything." His ears perked as he heard Crystal offering any food for the group. He wanted to pass, but he blushed slightly as he felt his stomach growl. "I'll take the apple, if that's okay." He whispered as he made his way over to the green unicorn. He took the apple into his hooves and made his way back into his sleeping bag. He took a bite and began to eat quietly, while saving the taste of the apple. "So, it looks like we have two ponies asleep, at the moment. How will the sleep schedule go, Arrow?" He asks, so he would be sure to be up when it was his turn to stand guard.

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows

Mike sighed in relief as he shook of the heavy saddlebags. His back was sore. 

“So, no fire tonight eh?” He said as the others unpacked. He unhooked his belt and removed his scabbard and original saddlebag. He left Jennifer out, though. Mike had heard rumours of beasts made of wood. 

“Sir, you don’t have to take the first watch. I can handle it.” He said, full of energy. He had a hopeful smile as he removed a set of panpipes from his bag and blew a little tune into it...

Edited by Pr0m4NV14
Some stuff.

@Pr0m4NV14

"If you wanna take first watch, go ahead. Just be sure to wake me up when your turn is over."

Arrow rolled out his sleeping bag and put his bags and armor next to it before going into the sleeping bag and falling asleep. Being woken up for his turn to watch will likely be no problem for him at all.

(edited)

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3

Mike's watch was fairly uneventful. He had a few pieces of the dried food the Princesses supplied him, played his panpipes for a while. During the latter half of his shift, he took his armoured comrade's spear and tried to wield it, to no avail. Mike was only used to swords like Jennifer. Mike shook the Unicorn from Manehattan awake, and dropped the spear in front of him. 

"I think it's your turn now, sir." He said, going to lay down to sleep. He closed his eyes and went to sleep.

Edited by Pr0m4NV14

@Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @Emerald<3

Dynamo nodded as he finished his apple and laid down in his sleeping bag. "Okay. Just wake me up when it's my turn to stand guard, Arrow. Also, if there's any danger or trouble, then let me know. I promise I'll be up and ready to fight, if I have to." He looked up the stars and started thinking about home. He knew he was close to Ponyville, but he still couldn't help, but to miss home. 'I wonder how the others are doing, back home. I hope that they are doing okay.' He sighed softly before he suddenly yawned. He decided to get some sleep as he knew he would have to be up soon for his watch. He slowly closed his eyes and within minutes, was soon asleep. 

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Arrow stood guard watching for any threats. Nothing seemed to show up.

A few hours later, his turn was over. He woke Dynamo up.

"It's your turn, nothing showed up, but you should still stay sharp."

He climbed back into his sleeping bag and went to sleep.

Edited by Lucid_Nightlight

@Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14

Ursa's soft, short blue hair blew in the wind as she slept. dsomething wasn't right, something felt strange. She stirred in her sleep, mane standing on edge. Ursa's eyes opened as she watched Arrow come back and slide into his sleeping bag.

The cold air made Ursa's skin crawl. Was she just being paranoid, or was there really something out there?

Crystal placed the bag of apples back in the saddle, taking it off and setting it down, laying down as it the saddle laid beside her. "Well, I hope we can get this whole thing done by morning." With that she was now closing her eyes, hopefully the stress of the day and how prepared she'd be for this would settle itself so she wouldn't be kept up by it, as it usually would. 

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe

As Dynamo slept, he felt himself being rocked back and forth as Arrow was shaking him awake. "Five more minutes, please." He mumbled in his sleep, but he groaned as he was soon woken up. He sat up slowly and began rubbing the sleep out of his eyes. His ears perked as he was told that Arrow's watch was over. "Thanks for letting me know and no worries. I'll keep my guard up." He got out and took the same spot that Arrow had taken previously. He kept watch, but occasionally looked back to the camp. He knew an enemy could come by from anywhere, but he wanted to play it safe. He noticed something rummaging near the campsite, so he decided to go investigate. Upon further inspection as he reached the site, he noticed that Ursa was beginning to shiver. 'Either she's shivering, or she's having a bad nightmare.' He thought to himself as he made his way over to the cobalt mare. "Ursa? Hey, Ursa? You gotta wake up. Are you okay?" He said while shaking her shoulder lightly. 

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad 

Ursa's deep, purple eyes blinked up at him. She blushed a deep pink, and got up without question. She walked past Dynamo, ears perked. There was something out there, and she needed to act fast.

She heard the trotting of hooves, and three stallions ran towards them. 

A white, scruffy bearded unicorn pointed his horn at the two ponies. Ursa lit her own horn and placed a strong barrier around both them and the four others, who were sleeping soundly.

"Don't you dare!" Ursa shouted, a sound of irritation in her voice.

The three ponies growled.

"Who are you?!"

"Why should we tell you?" The leader asked.

"I'm Crook." Said the tallest one, "And this is Prowler." He motioned to an ebony colored one with cat-like eyes.

Curious.

"You dim-wits!" The scruffy-bearded one shouted, "Alright, since these idiots have said their names, I suppose that means I have to introduce myself." He sighed, "The name's Larcen. Now take down that shield!"

Ursa growled, her horn still glowing bright blue. She refused to back down.

"Fine, we'll just have to destroy it ourselves!" 

He motioned to his two friends, and they ran at the shield.

"Wait, I wouldn't do that if I were yo-"

They smashed into the shield, but were blasted back. It truly was powerful, and Ursa's best protection spell.

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe 

Dynamo was glad to see that Ursa had awoke, but he blushed slightly at her own blush. He noticed as she got out of her sleeping bag and made her way past him. He thought he heard something and was met by three ponies, who weren't a part of the group. He saw a barrier go up as he made his way over to Ursa. He looked to see the thieves trying to get pas them, but he took a stance to ready himself. He had heard the names Larcen, Crook and Prowler and he could tell by the names that they were bad news. "Hey guys! Get up now! We got company and they aren't looking really friendly! He raised his voice so the others could hear them, but not enough, so that he could attract anything in the forest. "Why are you three even here? What business do you have with us?" He asks while keeping himself behind the barrier. 'If these three try anything funny and/or hurt Ursa and the others, then they're in for a rude awakening.' He thought while narrowing his eyes slightly. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

1 minute ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Dynamo was glad to see that Ursa had awoke, but he blushed slightly at her own blush. He noticed as she got out of her sleeping bag and made her way past him. He thought he heard something and was met by three ponies, who weren't a part of the group. He saw a barrier go up as he made his way over to Ursa. He looked to see the thieves trying to get pas them, but he took a stance to ready himself. He had heard the names Larcen, Crook and Prowler and he could tell by the names that they were bad news. "Hey guys! Get up now! We got company and they aren't looking really friendly! He raised his voice so the others could hear them, but not enough, so that he could attract anything in the forest. "Why are you three even here? What business do you have with us?" He asks while keeping himself behind the barrier. 'If these three try anything funny and/or hurt Ursa and the others, then they're in for a rude awakening.' He thought while narrowing his eyes slightly. 

"You're lookin' for the orb, aren't you?" Larcen asked, with a wicked sneer on his face, "We're lookin' for it too."

"So, what? We don't have it!" Ursa cried, wincing as the spell began to drain some of her energy, "What do you expect from us?"

"Give us that map there, 'lil lady. Then we'll think of sparing you."

The mare scoffed, "No. And besides, what do you want to do with the orb? Pawn it, maybe?"

Larcen scoffed, "How is it-" He snickered, "-that you can go searching for something, and not know what it does?"

Ursa winced again, and the barrier started to flicker in and out.

"I can't hold it...much...longer."

3 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @Emerald<3 @Pr0m4NV14 @FanOfManyShows

Arrow heard the commotion and stood up quickly. He put on his armor and headed over to see what was happening. He saw them try to attack Ursa and Dynamo, so he grabbed his spear and charged at Larcen with it.

Larcen dodged out of the way, and motioned to Prowler and Crook. Understanding, they surrounded the stallion and raised their hooves, ready for a fight.

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3 @The three new bad guys.

Mike jumped to his feet. Three new ponies appeared to be attacking Ursa and Dynamo. He grabbed Jennifer and trotted behind the large stallion who introduced himself as Crook 

"Hi, I'm Mike! Nice to meet ya!" He said as he swung at Crook's hind leg. Arrow seemed to be in on the action as well.

She jerked awake, sitting up, she wasn't that deep in sleep to begin with, but she was exhausted and not prepared for a fight. So Crystal just looked on in some fear, if these were the thieves, this was quite sudden. Standing up, Crystal just ran behind the closest object for protection.  "Why does it have to occur right before we can get a rest?"

(edited)

Dynamo's eyes widened as he heard that Larcen and his goons were looking for the orb, as well. "We had heard that somepony had stolen the orb. So, it was you three all along, huh?" He scoffed at the offer of letting them go freely for the map. "Why would we trust you, when we know you could still put our lives in jeopardy after we hand the map over. We may not know what the orb does, but we were tasked on finding that orb and keeping it safe. We won't let you get in our way." He noticed Ursa's barrier starting to flicker on and off, so he knew they had little time. "Don't worry, Ursa. We'll back you up." He rushed forward and saw Arrow and Mike had taken their own opponent. 'That leaves me with myself against Prowler, huh? That sounds good to me.' He called over his shoulder as he began to weave through Prowler's swings. "Hey, Arrow! Remember when I said that video games were more than just for playing? Well, prepare to see what I'm capable of."  

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe

Ursa watched her friends fight. She turned, blurry-eyed to Crystal and motioned her forward, "I...I need your help." She said, getting dizzy, "T...To protect our friends." 

Taking a greater risk, she increased the amount of magic, and the barrier started to get stronger.

"H...H...Help me...h...h...h...help me keep this u...u...up...I c-c-an't hold on much longer..."

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows @Dynamo Pad

"I...It d-d-dosen't m..m..matter." She said, wobbling a bit..."I...I n...ee...n...need you to help. D...D...do you want u--uss..ss...d-d-do you want to die?" She said, getting even more dizzy. She motioned to a large amount of wood and supplies around the camp, "T...T...Try levi...;evi...levitating these...pro-protect...pro-tect the camp...Crystal..." She smiled softly at the frightened unicorn, "I....I k-k-know you can do it..."

She turned to Dynamo, "G...G...Get...m-m-my bags. Don...don't...don't let them get the ma-" Then she fell over and fainted.

The barrier had fizzled away.

Edited by Emerald<3

Rolling her eyes, Crystal only sat behind the rock. "Everything here is too big for me to lift up!" She stood up, and ran towards the shield. "Drop the shield!" She picked up a stick, and swung it at the bad guys behind the shield. Planning to knock them out with it, along with that she also levitated up some small rocks to chuck at them as well.

(edited)

Dynamo looked back as he saw Ursa was pushing herself to the limit on her magic. 'If she keeps it up at this rate, then she's in major trouble.' He was caught off guard, that he didn't notice Prowler getting a clean hit. He was pushed back a couple of feet, but he could manage. "I don't have time for your nonsense. So, I think it's time to kick things into overdrive. If you don't know much about games, then you're in for a demonstration." His horn began to glow as he began to teleport to random locations around Prowler. He suddenly appeared in front of Prowler and began to create a whirlwind spin, while he kicked his legs like a propeller. "Tatsumaki Senpukyaku!" 

latest?cb=20161010191800

He began to send a flurry of kicks to the thief, before seeing the thief being sent airborne. "Time to test out my new bicycle, shall we?" He smirked as he began to kick his feet like he was pedaling a bike. 

FickleDisgustingGallinule-size_restricte

After making sure he landed enough kicks, Dynamo made one, final kick to Prowler, which sent him rocketing over to Crook. Dynamo landed and smirked, but frowned as he made his way over to Ursa. "Ursa! I know you are doing your best, but you need to conserve your magic. None of us want anything to happen to you. I don't want anything to happen to you. If I can help, then please tell me what I need to do." He became very concerned for his friend's well being. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad