Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa stirred slightly, not completely conscious.

"K...K..keep up...the shield." She muttered softly..."Protect Crystal...and the map..."

She moved a bit, and suddenly her head was rested closely to Dynamo's. Her ears were drooped, and she looked awfully content. 

@Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows

Prowler, Crook, and Larcen glared at the fighting ponies.

"You think we stole that orb?" Crook chuckled, "We were planning to, but it wasn't us."

"Somepony got to it before us." Said Prowler, "And now we're chasin' to get it for ourselves."

Larcen's horn glowed, "I have no interest in fighting you anymore. Just give us the map." He saw Ursa's saddlebags and levitated it out of it, slowly floating into his grasp.

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe

The blue unicorn felt a bit of weight hit his shoulder, but he could see a bit of blue hair. He came to the conclusion that Ursa had fallen upon him and was out cold. "U-Ursa? Ursa! Please tell me that you're okay!?" He listened closely to any signs of life. He heaved a big sigh of relief as he heard a bit of light snoring. "She's okay. She overused her magic and fell unconscious." He said while turning his attention over to Crystal. "Just stay behind me and you'll be just fine. I told you that I can do more than just play a video game, if what you saw was any indication." His ears perked as he heard Arrow's voice. He looked to the campsite and used his levitation magic to grab Arrow's shields. "Hey, Arrow! I've got them and sending the shields over to you! Think fast!" He tossed the shields with his magic like a Frisbee. He wrapped an arm over Ursa's shoulder and held her close. 'Don't worry, Ursa. I won't let anypony hurt you, the others, or the map.' He thought as he kept his eye on all of his surroundings.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Lucid_Nightlight @Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Mike backed away from Crook. 

"Well, that would have been nice to know!" He said in slight exasperation. Mike lowered his blade. However, this was all a plan of deception, as his Manhattanite compatriot was occupied with one, Mike McGuffin leapt up, intending to knock out Crook. The action would still help, even if he failed.

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

Suddenly she was reminded why she was so nervous earlier, as she ducked to avoid the stick hitting her, and reverted to hiding behind Dynamo. "Okay,  I might be too weak for this it seems." The stick, having missed her, had handed on the ground, Crystal picking it up, and tossing it back, along with more rocks, and other sticks. "Since all I can do is throw stuff at them."

(edited)

@Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad 

"Well, how was I 'sposa tell you if you wouldn't stop tryin' to kill us!" Crook pointed out, transporting out of harm's way and into a completely different spot.

"Just give us the map." Larcen ordered, nearing Dynamo and Ursa. He stared at the two, a look of amusement in his eyes. "Give it to me, or the mare dies."

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe

Dynamo could see the stick that Crystal had throw, was now being throw back at her. He had to think fast, or Crystal and the others would be hurt. He lit up his horn and shot a energy beam at the stick, which disintegrated on impact. However, the stick had shattered from the blast and sent some shards their way. Dynamo stood in front of the others and received some small injuries, but was fine, nonetheless. He turned back to Crystal and offered her a reassuring smile. "Are you okay, Crystal. You're not hurt, right?" He checked to see how Ursa was faring, but smiled softly as he saw that she was snuggling close to him. He held her close to make sure that she was protected from the thieves. He chuckled, while giving Mike an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about that, Mike! I was thinking of doing a sort of combo attack." He stopped chuckling as he saw Larcen was nearing himself, Ursa and Crystal. He steeled his resolve as he handed Ursa over to Crystal. "I don't know what will happen next, but I want you to keep Ursa safe. Can you do that for me, Crystal?" He asked with a serious expression upon his muzzle.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

She shook her head. "No! I am the least prepared for this kind of thing, I've only spent my time writing books for pete's sake! There is no skill used there, that applies here!" She cried out, remaining behind Dynamo. "I'd rather stay safe somewhere until I am more useful." Crystal groaned to herself, rubbing her face. "And I doubt I can even protect anypony."

@Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14

Arrow looked straight at Larcen.

"You may not be the one who stole it, but clearly you have some bad intentions."

He pointed his spear at him.

"If you don't surrender yourself and allow me to apprehend you, you'll be the one to die. The mare will live either way, I'll be sure of it."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo shook his head and gave Crystal a hopeful look. "You write books a lot, right? You have the mind to plan out what you need. You can do this and I believe in you, Crystal. It's not about whether you can't, it's about telling yourself that you can and to never doubt yourself. Just keep her close to you and I'll be right here to keep you both safe." He said as he took a few steps in front of them, while glaring at Larcen. "Don't you dare take another step. If you do, then you'll surely regret it. I'd listen to what my teammate says. I'll protect that mare, as well. That goes double for me." He nodded to Arrow as he knew what the two of them needed to do.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows @Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight

"Aw, shut up." Ursa whispered suddenly, "You don't even have to fight right now." She said, "All you have to do is protect me. Oh, and quit being a wimp." She said quietly, "I risked my life for you, and you'd rather hide and leave me to die?" Ursa said, sounding angry now. She tried to get on her feet, but fell to the ground again. She was still weak, but she was awake.

"You write all these books, and so many people are brave inside them. If you can channel that into your books, you must be brave somehow?" She pointed out, "And yes, Dynamo is correct. You plan all of these books out, and that is the same as making a strategy." She shot a glare at Crystal, "Everypony here are risking their lives to protect you, to protect each other. It doesn't matter if you can't do something, you just have to believe in yourself and try!" Ursa shouted the last part, "Now, quit being a coward and help out for a change. Show us how much you care!" She stared at Crystal, completely serious, "Do you really want us to die under your helpless hooves? I didn't have anypony to fight for until today!"

Larcen directed his attention to the ebony mare, "Oh, just in time. Ready to meet your end?"

"No, not really." Ursa said sarcastically, "You think we can reschedule it for..." She looked at her imaginary watch, "Like, never?" 

Larcen reached forward to grab the mare, who did not look afraid one bit. Instead, wobbly footed, she got up and zig-zaged over to him, "I just gave Crystal a lecture, do I have to give you one too?" She asked, sounding truly annoyed, "Just get lost, you ass."

He stared into the eyes of the angry mare. 

"Fine." He said, motioning to his two friends, "Let's head out for today. I'm getting bored."

Crook and Prowler stared at theor boss, but followed. The leader turned to Ursa, "Don't think this is the last you''ve seen of us."

They walked away, and Ursa fell to the ground.

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows @Pr0m4NV14 

Dynamo could hear Ursa trying to speak, but she still seemed weak from earlier. He wanted to say something, but he listened in shock as she talked to Crystal in such a manor. He wanted to say something, anything to defuse the situation, but he couldn't. He knew this was probably something for everypony to hear and reflect upon. He hurried and tried to intercept Larcen, but the thief was too quick. He narrowed his eyes as he saw the events unfold, but he sighed in relief as he saw Ursa managed to sidestep Larcen. He watched as Larcen, Prowler and Crook had escaped for the time being. He sat down and sighed in relief as he could breath easy for the moment. "That was a little crazy, if you ask me. I'm just glad we made it through that whole ordeal." He said to himself as he looked to the others. "How is everypony else? You all managing okay?" He looked around to see everyone looked fine, except for Mike, who looked to have passed out from his fight. Dynamo sniffed the air as his eyes widened at the peculiar odor. "I need your help, Arrow! There's fire in the forest. I'm not sure how, but it's close and we need to put the fire out." He got up to the best of his abilities and made his way over to the small embers and flames that he could stomp out. It wasn't a huge fire, but it needed to be put our, or else they would have a bigger problem on their hooves.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

She just sat there and watched, speechless, and also disturbed. "Okay, so NOW you decide to act brave and speak up?" Crystal stood up, a little peeved at Ursa with how she spoke to her, Crystal had taken negative critique before, but this pony was suppose to be shy and she spoke up, to her of all ponies. "At least you can give me confidence in doing this, if you can act so brave." Crystal ran forward to Ursa when she fell over, blasting some magic at Cross and Prowler, before looking down at Ursa. "Are you, awake?"

Edited by FanOfManyShows

(edited)

@FanOfManyShows @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe

Ursa smiled, "See?" She said with a smile, as the enemies were blasted back, "I knew you could do it. You just needed a little convincing, that's all." She winked at Crystal and almost fell again, "This is not about me, Crystal. This is about you, and how amazing you just did. You faced your fears, as did I." She slipped and fell to the ground, "Thank you for being brave with me."

She smiled wider this time, "I didn't mean to enrage you. I was just trying to get you to face your fears." Ursa's whole body began to ache again, "I am proud to call you my friend."

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows 

As Dynamo finished putting out the rest of the flames, he looked back to see that Ursa had slipped and fallen to the ground. His eyes widened as he began making his way back to the others. He placed a comforting, yet supportive hoof on Ursa's shoulder. "Are you okay, Ursa? You're not hurt, are you?" He slowly got up and offered a hoof to her. "Do you need help in getting up. Here, take my hoof." He said while giving the cobalt mare a kind and caring smile. He was feeling a little tired from the whole ordeal, but he was glad that everything had turned out for the better. "That was also pretty impressive, Crystal. It's just like what Ursa had said. You found your inner strength and you could do more magic than you ever thought was possible." He said while turning his smiled into a neutral expression. "I hope you now realize that I can fight, besides play a video game. I can act out the game techniques, if they are possible. I take things very seriously when it comes to protecting my friend and those who are important to me."

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Blushing, Ursa took his hoof and got back on her feet hooves. Slowly and uncontrollably, she leaned her head against Dynamo's shoulder. He filled her body with warmth that made her feel stronger.

This whole trip she had been afraid of being such a failure to these ponies, but the very thought of losing them brought out the bravery buried deep inside her. She wasn't just the map mare, she was here for protection. She had a reason to fight now.

Huh, I guess that protection spell was worth learning, after all.

"I'm so glad we are all alright..." She looked down at Mike, "Oh, Goodness...what are we going to do?"

Edited by Emerald<3

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows 

Dynamo helped the cobalt mare back onto her hooves, but unconsciously placed an arm around her shoulder as she leaned her head on his shoulder. He blushed slightly as he felt a warmth from the pseudo hug. Throughout the trip, he wasn't sure what he was able to do. He had been trained by his old gaming teacher on how to defend himself. He thought he wouldn't have a reason to use his teachings, but tonight was his realization. He knew he would have to keep training to learn more, so he could protect himself, his friend and his team. "A lot had happened, but I think we did a great job. We made some pretty good teamwork, if you ask me." He looked to where Ursa had looked and was surprised to see Mike knocked out. "Hmm...I'm not sure." He looked to see both Arrow and Crystal were the only ones who were still with the group. "Hey, Crystal and Arrow? Do you mind in helping to carry Mike back to camp? So much had happened, that we didn't have time to capture them. I don't think that'll be the last time we see them, Arrow. We'll capture them and make sure they pay for their crimes." He says, before turning himself and Ursa around, while walking slowly back to camp. "Just lean on me and we'll walk slowly, Ursa. You did a great job today, but almost overdid it. I'm glad that you're okay, but let's just take it nice and slow with walking back." He says while smiling softly to her.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

She lowered her head, Crystal unimpressed by the sudden complements. "Oh please, I only did it once. That's not a major break through." She mumbled a little as she spoke, but it was still understandable. "It's not exactly anything big either, just like, pew pew." She motioned with her hooves as she made the sound, chuckling a little.  "So uh, if the thieves don't have the orb yet, then some things up. We were told they had it. So did a pony steal it from them, or something?"

@Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows @MisterRe

Ursa looked at Crystal, a supportive smile on her face, "But you did do it." She pointed out. She then turned her head to Dynamo, "I know. I was just determined to protect you." A blush filled her face as she realized her slip up, "I-I-I mean protect you guys." 

As Dynamo led her back to camp, she stared at Mike, "Will he be alright?" She asked Dynamo, still leaning against him.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Pr0m4NV14 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe

Dynamo nodded in agreement. "You really did become stronger. You have friends who care a lot about you, Crystal." He blushed at Ursa's remark, but nodded while looking away. "I-It's nothing, you know? I just couldn't bare the thought of those thieves hurting you and the others. I'll always protect you. You have my word." He scratched his chin as he smiled, but hissed as he held his cheek. "I guess some of the sticks nicked me in the chin. Glad it was only a minor scratch and nothing too major." 

As they made it back to camp, he looked back to their knocked out teammate. "Honestly, I'm not sure. We all fought pretty tough enemies. I didn't see what happened too well, but it looked like he was knocked out. At the moment, he doesn't look like he's been injured, but he should be fine with some rest. I guess we'll have to see what happens, in the morning." He was nearing her sleeping bag, so he decided to speak up. "Did you want to head back to your sleeping bag? I remember waking you up because I thought you had a nightmare. So, I was thinking if you wanted to talk and get to know each other more." He blushed slightly, before continuing. "Y-You know, because we really don't know each other pretty well. If not, then it's completely okay. Y-You were pretty drained on magic earlier, so I wouldn't blame you." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

(edited)

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa blushed herself, but nodded.

"Just hold on a second..." She went over to her own sleeping bag and clenched it between her teeth, dragging it forward so she could be closer to him.

"What do you want to know?"

Edited by Emerald<3