Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3 

Dynamo nodded and waited as Ursa had made it back to her sleeping bag. He watched as she grabbed her sleeping bad, so she could be close to him, in case she fell asleep. As they sat near the guard post, Dynamo tapped a hoof to his chin, while in thought. "I remember Princess Celestia stating that you were from the Crystal Empire. Have you always lived there, or have you lived in some other location in Equestrai. It's just that I've heard a bit of the Crystal Empire being inhabited by crystal ponies, but you don't seem to be like a crystal pony." He chuckled slightly, but kept a curious gaze on the cobalt mare. 

@Dynamo Pad

"No, I'm not from the Crystal Empire. I'm from Phillydelphia, but I moved there about three years after I got my cutiemark." She frowned, "I do wish I looked more like the Crystal Ponies though...they are so much more prettier than I am."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad

Crystal sighed, smiling slightly. "I guess that is true, blasting magic out, I've never had a reason to do it before." She sat down near the two of them, glancing over at them. Noticing their, closeness. tucking her legs in as she suddenly realized how lonely it has been until how.  But she sat there silently, looking into the forest, observing the way the leaves moved in the wind. "I've never had proper friends either, writing books is quite the time consumer, so this is the longest I've spent with others."

Edited by FanOfManyShows

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows

Dynamo's raised his eyebrows in surprise. "Wait a minute. You've lived in Fillydelphia, as well? That's my home town, before I moved to Ponyville! I've recently moved to Ponyville for about half a year now. I wonder if we ran into each other without realizing it." He chuckled at the possibility. "You said you moved after gaining your cutie mark. What is your talent from your cutie mark. If you don't mind me asking, that is." He frowned at her last remark, before smiling softly and placing a hoof upon her cheek. "What are you talking about? While, the crystal ponies are indeed pretty. I think they pale in comparison to you. I think you are very cute..." He blushed at the little slip up in his statement. "I-I mean I think you are very pretty, in my opinion." He smiled as he couldn't keep the blush from disappearing off of his cheeks. 

He nodded in agreement to Crystal's statement. "I know what you mean. I've never had a real friend, either. When I was younger and in school, other ponies bullied me for my kindness. They saw friendship and kindness as a weakness from keeping you to becoming stronger. That, and they picked on me, since I was unable to use magic." He frowned slightly while looking down at the ground. "i'm really sorry about earlier. I guess I was just mad that most ponies don't take me seriously. Most ponies see me as a gamer pony and don't take me seriously when I say something. I just want to prove that I'm capable like other ponies and I can keep others safe." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa blushed deep red as his hoof touched her cheek, "No...." She answered, "You wouldn't have known me..." She answered, "My cutiemark?" She nodded, "I'm a good astronomer. I'm just in love with the history of planets and the stars." She swooned, plopping onto her back and bursting out into a fir of giggles, which she attempted to stifle. 

@Emerald<3 

Dynamo had to reluctantly nod in agreement. "That's true when you think about it. Fillydelphia is a really big place with so many ponies, so we might not have been able to see each other. Did you go to my school, by any chance?" He was in fascination as Ursa had explained what her cutie mark was all about. "I think that's pretty cool, in my opinion. I like watching the sunset from time to time. Especially seeing the night sky filled with so many stars. It's almost like watching a show, especially if there's a rare meteor shower." He couldn't help, but chuckle along with her. "For me, my cutie mark is my passion for playing video games. I have a unique ability when playing games. Whenever I punch or kick, my character is able to do the same motion. So, I'm able to make my character fight in a way that's not specified in the certain game. It gives me that sort of advanced game play." He said as he started thinking of other questions to ask. "Is there any questions that you'd like to ask me, Ursa? I'll do my best to answer those questions." 

@Dynamo Pad @Emerald<3

Crystal looked to him, batting a hoof and chuckling. "I don't hold grudges,  but with how you went about fighting the thieves back there, I guess playing video games is actually useful." She chuckled to herself at the idea. "But it is neat how you are all from places I'm yet to see, and I have been to fillydelphia, though. it was a interesting place."

@Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows

"No, you didn't. I was home schooled." She rubbed her chin, "I do want to ask a question, but I can't think of the right one. The ones I am thinking of are all too cliche. What is your favorite food, favorite game, favorite color, see? All stupid, overused questions." She smiled at him though, a thought coming into her head, "You almost risked your life for me earlier. Why would you do something like that? You barley know me, so what have I done to deserve something like that?"

"Yeah?" Ursa said, turning her heard to Crystal, "Well I hated it. Nearly everypony despised me, for what? I do not know..." She smiled at the other unicorn mare, "You know, I used to think I did not belong in this world. That I was meant for something outside Equestria."

Box pony is still sleeping, missing most of the action that unfurled. Inside she was indeed a deep sleeper. The metalic shell had muffled most sounds and she couldnt help the ponies that needed her.

(My bad was budy)

@Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad

"It's easy to think you don't belong, I certainly didn't. But you can see now that we do have a part to play within Equestria, even Dynamo does." She said, gesturing to Dynamo. "So we have a part, it seems small now, but it's like a story, at first you have no clear purpose. But by the end, you are playing a bigger part than my pony could have foreseen." Crystal spoke truthfully, and from her own experience, speaking more confidently than she had been so far. Making it clear how comfortable she felt around them all.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @FanOfManyShows 

Dynamo couldn't help, but smile at Crystal's words. "I'm glad I was able to change your mind about video games. To be honest, whenever I play a game, I feel as though I'm fighting like that character. I know it might not make sense, but still." He frowned slightly, but nodded in understanding. "I almost asked my parents to see if they could home school me, but then that would mean the bullies won in the end. I was glad I was able to stand up to said bullies and gain both my cutie mark and magic." He chuckled slightly and shook his head. "I don't think those questions are stupid or overused. Let's see...favorite food is pizza. Favorite game is always different, but I would have to say Kingdom Hearts 2. I have a lot of favorite colors, but my favorite would have to be purple." He blushed at her sudden question, but he smiled softly at the cobalt mare. "It's because you're my friend. You were really kind to me today and you backed me up and didn't doubt me. I was really worried about you when Larcen attacked. I know you could defend yourself, but I will always worry about my friends." He ran a hoof through his mane as he thought it was okay to speak his next train of thought. "I guess it's also because I...kind of like you, you know? I've never had a lot of friends or relationships, but you were sweet, kind, funny and really pretty." 

Dynamo looked to Arrow and shook his head. "We haven't met in person until today, but both of our hometowns were originially in Fillydelphia." He nodded in agreement to Crystals explanation of having a purpose in a story. "It's the same thing in a video game. Take Kingdom Hearts, for example. He only wanted to get off his island to explore the world. Then, he gains the keyblade and is called the chosen one and has to save the world from darkness. He goes from a character who has no destiny from the beginning to have purpose at the very end of the game." 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Emerald<3

It was as if time froze when she heard the joke, narrowing her eyes at Ursa. "No. Just, no." it wasn't the first time she heard a pun based of her name, and it certainly wasn't going to be the last, but if she was hanging around this bunch, she'd need to establish that she would get annoyed by it. "I'd rather no jokes based of my name, or I'll get irritated by it."

@Dynamo Pad @FanOfManyShows

Ursa's whole face went red, "Are you saying you....like-like me?" She asked Dynamo in pure shock. She pulled half of her sleeping bag over her face to cover her blush. Ursa's eyes flickered towards Crystal, "Sorry, I couldn't resist. I promise I wasn't making fun of your name or anything." She apologized, her words muffled.

@Emerald<3 

Dynamo's blush increased as his whole face was turning red. He could only shakily nod his head to confirm her question. "Y-Yeah. You really are a great friend, Ursa. It's what I was thinking, at first. When everything had happened tonight, I was concerned about the others, but I was more concerned about you more. The more danger you put yourself in, the more worried I became. I know it's natural to worry about a friend, but...it felt different." He noticed that she put half of the sleeping bag over her face. He smiled softly as he found Ursa to be adorable. "When you leaned against me earlier, I...I felt this warmth in my heart that I couldn't explain it. That could be friendly feelings or maybe even more." He rubbed the back of his neck while looking around the watch area. "W-What about you, Ursa? Do you...l-like-like me?" He could feel his heart trembling in his chest, but he knew there was no turning back now. Whatever happened, he knew she would be his friend, no matter what. 

@Dynamo Pad

Ursa was unable to answer using full words. So instead, she leaned over and kissed him on the forehead. She giggled, a smile on her face. She had never felt this way in all her life. 

Her eyes drooped closed and she fell into Dynamo's lap, fast asleep.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight

Crystal scooted away from the two of them as soon as it became clear these two had some, chemistry, developing. looking the other way, she sighed to herself, looking to the others there. "Well this has turned awkward so quickly."  She stood up, sitting near the others instead.  "Hey Arrow, are you as uncomfortable as I am about, that?" She asked quietly, tilting her head to Ursa and Dynamo insinuate that she was referring to them. "Then again, I never feel good around any couples. Makes me feel lonely."

Edited by FanOfManyShows

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight 

Dynamo waited patiently for a response. He wasn't sure what was going to happen, but he the only sound he could hear were the chirping of the crickets. His eyes widened as she leaned over and kissed his forehead. He had a light blush on his face and he smiled as he heard her giggle. He was concerned as she closed her eyes, but he sighed in relief as she fell asleep, her head resting on his lap and was lightly snoring. He looked down to the sleeping mare as he began petting her on the head, while lightly running his hoof through her mane. "Sorry if anything turned awkward. I guess what she did means that she likes me. That, or she was tired and didn't have the energy to give an answer." He closed his eyes to think, but he couldn't come up with an answer. "Although, actions do speak louder than words. I guess I'll have to ask her in the morning. It has been getting late." He frowned slightly and gave Crystal and apologetic look.

"I'm really sorry about that, Crystal. I hope we didn't make you feel that way, or anything like that. Also, I forgot to mention something. While I can recreate some moves in video games, there are some abilities that I can't imitate. Say, from the game, My hero: One's Justice. The character, Izuki Midoriya. He has the power of One for All. He can use his hooves to create super strength, but it damages his body. If I were to do that, then I wouldn't be able to be of use in a battle. So, I have to pick and chose my powers wisely. That, and I have to be careful of how much magic I use. I can run out of energy and then tire myself out. So, while my skills in gaming are pretty cool, they do have their drawbacks, but I wouldn't have it any other way." 

@Dynamo Pad @Lucid_Nightlight

Her ears perked up as she looked back to him as he spoke. "O-oh, uhm." She chuckled to herself, a light blush on her face. "Heard of the game, but that is quite interesting, the ability to copy powers from game that is, Never heard of it before." Her blushed vanished a bit as she attempted to change the subject from, relationships, to something else.

@Emerald<3 @FanOfManyShows @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo thought he had noticed a blush on Crystal's cheeks, but he chose to ignore it for the time being. "It's not so much as a copy ability. It's sort of like an imitation. I can't do the spinning kick like Ryu does in Street Fighter. So, I have to do a horizontal windmill kick to do that rapid fire attack. It's my own little take on them, so that's why I call it a little imitation. It gives me more of a creative way to battle. It's also how a video game works. You string your combos together to make an ultimate attack." He nods to Arrow's remark, while looking down at Ursa with a smile on his muzzle. "I know what you mean and it does make life interesting. I don't know where this will take us, but I know that I do like Ursa. Maybe it'll help us grow stronger together and we'll protect each other. Just like how I always protect my friends and teammates on this journey." He looked to the sky and saw that a couple of hours had passed. "I guess I'm finished with my watch. I would say it's Ursa's turn, but I think she's out for the rest of the night. I don't blame her though. Especially after what had happened." He looked to the two ponies sitting across from him and Ursa. "What should we do for the watch? Do you want to go next, Crystal, or should we check up on Corners and see if they want to go next?"