Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Race to the End (RP)

Emerald Heart

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @Lloyd @MisterRe

Dynamo could only sigh as Crystal had made a good point. "While that may be true, it's still better than nothing, in my opinion. Being taught along the way on how to fight is better than being captured. If we put our minds together, then we'll figure out something. Until then, I guess we'll have to go along and see how this turns out." He said, before placing a comforting hoof upon Crystal's shoulder. "You don't have to worry, Crystal. Everypony is good at something. Just look at me. I play video games, so others would probably consider me weak and lazy." He shook his head, before continuing. "Strategy games and RPG's help you become smart and prepared for battle. There are many different ways to win a fight. I've played many games, so I can help with strategy and helping out mid battle." He looked directly into her eyes and gave her a reassuring look. "You write stories, so I see that as being smart and having a sharp mindset. When you write mystery stories, you probably have Shadow Spade think about the item in question, along with many different details. That could probably mean you have a good mind on what the item we need is all about. That, and probably solving things that some of us could never figure out. Whatever your role is, then I have the utmost trust in you. I don't understand Celestia's words of how we are special for this mission, but I know each of us will be able to succeed in this journey." 

@Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 @Lloyd @Dynamo Pad

"You spells could prove to be quite useful. I've never been too good at using advanced magic, but I can levitate items pretty well. It helps when wielding weapons or holding shields."

He turned to Dynamo.

"Yes, being captured is a possibility, but they could have a take no prisoners mindset. Some enemies out there may try to end your life where you stand, but I'm sure we can handle a few thieves."

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Lucid_Nightlight

"I know no spells other than levitation, even then I can't lift something bigger than a book." Crystal was yet again nervous, seemed the team expected more of her than she figured. "It's not like being able to teleport or blast magic beams is common." She wouldn't be surprised if it was a staple to think unicorns were just innately skilled. "But I would like to point out." She turned to Arrow, narrowing her eyes a little, her nervous demeanor disappearing as she turned a bit serious. "They won't just be thieves, these guys must've known what they were doing when stealing whatever this thing is. Considering how important Celestia made it sound."

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight

Mike was quite quiet for the walk, but he suddenly chimed in. 

“ Hey look, guys! There is the train station!” It was certainly more packed than when he arrived to Canterlot, and a few of the civilians and employees gave the rag-tag group of bag-laden ponies a few odd glances. An elderly worker gave a disapproving look at Mike and Arrow.

Sorry, but we don’t allow weapons in here.

"Dodging anything is out of the question." Her eyes darted about the party. "To who ever said that. Feel free to hit me with everything you've got."

Corners looked to the canterlot guard. "I some informal combat training as well from dealing with authories on a semi daily basis. Even so... losing my box is harder than you think."

She lifted her box above its normal hovering. Corners then sat down and dropped her box. A large metallic clunk sounded out. 

"Its... really heavy."

"You bring up a good point, these thieves must be pretty dangerous to have been able to get the orb."

They were at the train station and he heard the employee tell him that he couldn't bring his weapons.

"First of all, I'm a guard, I am required to carry my weapons. Second of all, we're on official business by the orders of Princesss Celestia. I am pretty sure that her laws overrule your little no weapons policy."

Arrow showed the employee his summoning letter.

5 minutes ago, Pr0m4NV14 said:

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight

Mike was quite quiet for the walk, but he suddenly chimed in. 

“ Hey look, guys! There is the train station!” It was certainly more packed than when he arrived to Canterlot, and a few of the civilians and employees gave the rag-tag group of bag-laden ponies a few odd glances. An elderly worker gave a disapproving look at Mike and Arrow.

Sorry, but we don’t allow weapons in here.

Ursa stepped forward, slightly nervous. She had never been an outspoken pony, but she had to help get them on somehow.

"Please, sir?" Ursa said with a tender smile, "We have to get on that train. And these ponies...they need their weapons. Princess Celestia herself sent us on a mission, you see...we need to be able to defend ourselves."

"Rubbish!" Shouted the gaurd, making Ursa squeak.

"Why would the Princess bother sending a bunch of worthless ponies like you?" 

He shoved Ursa to the ground, "No weapons."

Just now, Lucid_Nightlight said:

"You bring up a good point, these thieves must be pretty dangerous to have been able to get the orb."

They were at the train station and he heard the employee tell him that he couldn't bring his weapons.

"First of all, I'm a guard, I am required to carry my weapons. Second of all, we're on official business by the orders of Princesss Celestia. I am pretty sure that her laws overrule your little no weapons policy."

Arrow showed the employee his summoning letter.

"Forged, obviously. There is no way you are getting on this train. Now, get lost before I call security."

1 minute ago, Emerald<3 said:

"Forged, obviously. There is no way you are getting on this train. Now, get lost before I call security."

@Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Lloyd @Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad

Arrow was not having any of this.

"Listen, I will tell you this again. I'm a guard, I was sent along with these five ponies. Preventing a guard from doing their job is highly illegal, so I suggest you listen."

He stepped up closer to the employee.

"I should also make something clear, if I catch you pushing her ever again, we're going to have a real problem."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Lloyd @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14

Dynamo sighed as he nodded in agreement. "That's true when you think about it, Arrow. We don't know how these thieves are and what their aim is. For all we know, they would try and sell the orb, or use it to gain power." He shook his head and shrugged. "It would have been nice if Celestia gave us a little info on who we are dealing with. I guess we'll know in due time." As they made it to the train station, they were suddenly stopped by the guard. He raised an eyebrow as he told them that weapons weren't permitted on the train. His eyes widened as the guard pushed Ursa to the ground. He snarled and took a step forward. "Hey! That was pretty rude, don't you think? All we are doing is going on a quest issued by Princess Celestia, herself. Yet you have the nerve to push a mare to the ground!? What gives you the right? Plus, we were told that only we six have the ability to handle this job." He stopped as Arrow stepped up to make his statement. Just then, Dynamo had an idea. "What if we gave you a challenge? You go against me in a game and if I win, then we can go on the train, no problem. If you win, then we leave without a fight. How's that sound?" He asked in hopes of trying his luck against the old guard. He took a deep breath to keep his cool, but knew he would have to keep a level head if he knew what he was getting himself into. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

This suddenly became easier, yet unnerving. She had no weapons so she needed not give any over, but she also suddenly became worried about the guards preventing them from taking the train all together. And the situation was becoming a little stressful as banter began to get a little, well, it was getting tense, she decided to speak, hoping she could provide a solution. "Should we just put our weapons somewhere else on the train, if we can't bring it into the passenger areas?"

50 minutes ago, Lucid_Nightlight said:

@Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Lloyd @Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad

Arrow was not having any of this.

"Listen, I will tell you this again. I'm a guard, I was sent along with these five ponies. Preventing a guard from doing their job is highly illegal, so I suggest you listen."

He stepped up closer to the employee.

"I should also make something clear, if I catch you pushing her ever again, we're going to have a real problem."

The guard huffed, but said nothing more on the subject. Ursa got up, a bit wobbly-hoofed, and decided it would be better if she stayed behind everyone. 

This is what I get for trying to help.

She was, however, surprised that Arrow had spoken up for her.

49 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Lloyd @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14

Dynamo sighed as he nodded in agreement. "That's true when you think about it, Arrow. We don't know how these thieves are and what their aim is. For all we know, they would try and sell the orb, or use it to gain power." He shook his head and shrugged. "It would have been nice if Celestia gave us a little info on who we are dealing with. I guess we'll know in due time." As they made it to the train station, they were suddenly stopped by the guard. He raised an eyebrow as he told them that weapons weren't permitted on the train. His eyes widened as the guard pushed Ursa to the ground. He snarled and took a step forward. "Hey! That was pretty rude, don't you think? All we are doing is going on a quest issued by Princess Celestia, herself. Yet you have the nerve to push a mare to the ground!? What gives you the right? Plus, we were told that only we six have the ability to handle this job." He stopped as Arrow stepped up to make his statement. Just then, Dynamo had an idea. "What if we gave you a challenge? You go against me in a game and if I win, then we can go on the train, no problem. If you win, then we leave without a fight. How's that sound?" He asked in hopes of trying his luck against the old guard. He took a deep breath to keep his cool, but knew he would have to keep a level head if he knew what he was getting himself into. 

She blushed for the second time that day. The two stallions had spoken up for her, but why? What was she to them?

"Do we have enough time to do that though?" Ursa piped up from the back, "Doesn't our train leave soon?"

The guard just ignored her words and stared at Dynamo, "Do your best, little kid. But I'm unbeatable." He cocked.

49 minutes ago, Lloyd said:

This suddenly became easier, yet unnerving. She had no weapons so she needed not give any over, but she also suddenly became worried about the guards preventing them from taking the train all together. And the situation was becoming a little stressful as banter began to get a little, well, it was getting tense, she decided to speak, hoping she could provide a solution. "Should we just put our weapons somewhere else on the train, if we can't bring it into the passenger areas?"

Ursa nodded in agreement. But what good would that do if they couldn't even get on the train?

(edited)

"This is talking too long. I'm taking all the weapons and giving them back to Celestia " She smirked within her box and whispered to each and every pony holding weapons. "You'll get these on the train. I promise."

Corners took her time collecting the weapons from the party after she was done she walked away to a secluded location. With all the weapons at hoof, she wrapped them in paper and taped them to the inside of her box. Thus concealing them. She walked back with no trace of a dangerous good in sight.

"No weapons. No problem."

(You can refuse giving corners your weapons if you want.)

Edited by MisterRe

@MisterRe @Emerald @Lloyd @Lucid_Nightlight @Dynamo Pad 

Mike stepped away from the talking box.

"Listen here, buddy. I am not handing Jennifer over to you." He looked back at the elderly worker. 

"I agree with the Unicorn on this one. We should just put all of our supplies in a separate compartment and just get a move on." The young Earth Pony said, gesturing at the large schedule on the nearby wall.

"Our train leaves in a couple of minutes, so we best board it now."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @Lloyd @MisterRe

Dynamo looked back to Ursa and nodded in reassurance. "This won't take a long time at all. I'll make sure we'll be able to get on the train, no problem." He smiled, before dropping the smile and narrowed his eyes while turning to face the old guard. "So, you think you're a hotshot, huh? Your first mistake was hurting others. Your second mistake was underestimating and picking a battle against me." He spoke quietly, but almost had an icy tone at the guard. "You don't mess with my friends. You don't mess with my team. So go ahead and try, old man. I'll make sure you regret picking a fight against me." He smirked as he levitated his saddlebags off of his back and onto the floor. He opened his saddlebag and pulled out a couple of handheld consoles with a connector. "One game and best two out of three. Whoever gets two out of three is the winner. No complaints and no do overs." 

His ears perked as he heard Cardboard had spoken up. He turned back to look at the box pony with a narrowed gaze. "No. You stay right here and don't you dare move. This is being settled and it's being settled now." He said before tossing the other handheld over to the guard. He nodded as he heard Mike's response. "Like I said, we'll have plenty of time to board the train. So, just sit back, relax and watch." Dynamo stretched out his limbs and got into position. "You can fight your way, old man, but I'm fighting my way." He smriked as they selected their characters and got the battle underway. Dynamo on the left and the guard pony on the right. 

As the match began, Dynamo watched as he analyzed his opponent. He began to punch and kick the air, while moving in the same style as his chosen character. He began to make quick movements to fight with his character on an advanced level than his opponent. It didn't take long for the blue unicorn gamer to defeat his opponent and securing his two wins. "I guess you were all talk, after all. So, now that I won. We can gladly board the train." He levitated the extra handheld out of the guard's grasp and began walking onto the train. He levitated the saddlebags onto his back and looked back at the others. "Are you guys waiting for an invitation? Come on, let's get going." He said with a smile. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @Lloyd

Ursa giggled at Dynamo's comments to the Guard. Finally, they were clear to board. She smiled and turned to the frazzled stallion, "I apologize for letting this happen. But you really should learn to control your temper." She suggested gently. 

"Don't tell me what to do!" He shouted, obviously agitated for his loss. The others boarded, and the train started up. But suddenly she was on the ground again, watching in horror as it sped away.

He came in for a run, but she put up a really strong shield, which blasted him back a few feet.

"Hold on!" Ursa shouted, trotting to the side of the train. The doors were shut closed, and it was moving.

Her horn glowed and they opened automatically. Taking a deep breath, she jumped inside.

"Whew..." Ursa said, rubbing a bump on her forehead, "I was certainly not expecting that." 

Then, head throbbing, she lay down for a nap. 

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

the situation just got her confused, so she got a ticket as the others did their thing. Things were going to be a mess with this team, unless they got into harmony as they went on. "Let's hurry up on this at least, we shouldn't waste time playing games either, Dynamo." She said, looking to him. "Or you'll just prove the guard right about us being a worthless bunch. Especially if you prefer the games over the mission at hoof." As much as she was nervous about it, she spoke honestly. They all needed to not get distracted with their own interests if Celestia really wasn't mistaken by picking them.

"Tisk." Corners ceased her plan in favor of his. "How prideful some guards can be." 

She walked into the train with a calm attitude. Since she was inside of the train it was safe enough to take off her box for the coming journey. Corners relieved the box from her head and body and with the same motion climbed ontop of it to sleep. 

You see this before she falls alseep.

Untitled.png

@MisterRe @Emerald<3 @MisterRe @Lucid_Nightlight @Lloyd

Mike was quite surprised to see a Pony under the box, and let out a small

"huh." He decided to sit a few seats away from the group and as the train's wheels rolled under him,  his eyelid began to get heavy.

Despite snoozing on the way to the castle, his face smooshes against the back of the seat in front of him, and he started to snore softly.

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @Pr0m4NV14 @Lucid_Nightlight @MisterRe

As Dynamo and the others boarded the train, he found a seat in the middle of the box car. He sat down and put his saddlebags on the overhead compartment. He was surprised to see Ursa almost missing the train. He sighed in relief, seeing that she got past the guard and made it onto the train. "I'm glad you were able to make it. I just can't believe that guard would be so mad over a loss. It's just a game, so get over it. I can be disappointed over a loss, but I don't act so rude." He shook his head as the others took their seats. Dynamo's jaw widened slightly at Crystal's words. He had a surprised look upon his muzzle, but that look turned into one of confusion. "What do you mean? That's...how I solve most of my problems." His ears drooped slightly as her words started to make his heart ache. "I only did what I thought was right. I wasn't trying to play games to show off or mess around. I only wanted to protect my friends from being hurt by that rude guard. I would have done the same thing if you or the others got hurt." He said, before continuing. "My old teacher from Fillydelphia taught me something in the arcade. He said this rule was for the arcade and in real life. Settle a dispute or a problem with a game and not with physical violence. I get what you would say. That may work in some cases, but most of the time, others won't agree with those terms." He took a deep breath and sighed. "It's how I've lived my life up to this point. I lost someone important to me and his last words were to be true to myself. So, I like to play games to have fun and to protect others. I would never jeopardize this mission over a video game." His shoulder fell as he slowly made his way out of his seat. He made his way to the back end of the train car to compose himself after all that had happened. 'I don't understand. I was only trying to do the right thing.' He thought as he felt a tear escape from his eye. He could only look out the moving landscape that passed him in sadness. He knew he shouldn't let anypony's words get to him, but they didn't have to sound rude about it all.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad @Pr0m4NV14 @Lloyd @MisterRe @Lucid_Nightlight

Ursa stirred slightly in her sleep when the train hit a bump. She opened one eye, and found it curious that she was so close to Mike and Dynamo.

It seemed that she was trapped in a cuddle triangle. Or at least, almost.

Her ears perked up at Dynamo's words. She yawned, then sat up, a bit groggy.

"He was trying to protect us." She said shyly, "I admit I don't support vilence, but given the circumstances he was almost forced to do it. As was I." She sighed in shame, ears drooping, "I hope he is alright."

She squeaked and looked at Dynamo, her ears still drooped, "I never thanked you for sticking up for me." She looked down at the ground, "But why would you do that? What have I done that is so worthy to do something like that?"

"Nopony has ever done anything like that for me." Ursa said sadly.

@Emerald<3 @Lloyd @MisterRe @Pr0m4NV14 @Dynamo Pad

"It won't be long until the train stops. We'll be in Ponyville and we'll have to walk to the forest. Once we enter Everfree, it won't be exactly easy with the timberwolves and other things living there."

He looked to Ursa.

"Violence may not be great, but it is necessary sometimes. For some ponies, it's all they understand. It's just the sad reality of life."

(edited)

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight

Dynamo's ears perked as he heard Ursa talking to him. He was starting to go in and out of consciousness. On account of feeling tired while being on the train. However, he rubbed a hoof in his eyes to wake up as Ursa made her way over to him. He smiled softly and waved a hoof to her. "You don't have to thank me for anything. That guard was being rude and I wouldn't let him do that to anyone on this team." He raised an eyebrow at her question as he was genuinely confused by that. "Why did I do that? Well for one, that guard had no right to push anypony, especially a mare. Second, you're my friend. Friends always stick up for their other friends. I know we all haven't known each other for that long, but I see you guys as both friends and a team." He frowned slightly at her last remark, but he smiled softly and placed a comforting hoof upon her shoulder. "Well, I guess you haven't met the right kinds of ponies would would stand up for you and help you. I'm different than most ponies out there and I won't abandon my friends like that." 

He looked over to see Arrow mentioning that they'd be in Ponyville soon. "It's funny that we have to stop by where I live, before continuing on the journey. I have heard of the timberwolves, but we'll just have to avoid them as best as we can." He said, before giving them both an apologetic look. "I'm sorry about what I said earlier. I just...didn't like what was said. I know I play video games, but I don't mess around and play games. Not many ponies know me, so I guess some just don't understand." He shrugged his shoulders as he didn't have an exact answer. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Emerald<3 @Lucid_Nightlight @Pr0m4NV14 @MisterRe @Dynamo Pad

She sighed, Crystal would take back what she said. But solving a fight with a video game? It just sounded ridiculous to her. Probably why it seemed like he was just doing it for no reason. "So you plan to run in there with a game boy, and beat the villains in mortal kombat?" Her tone was overly sarcastic as she spoke, chuckling to herself. "As much as you use it as a alternate way to solve an argument, it's not a universal way, especially not with ponies who are strangers."

@Lloyd

Dynamo looked to see that Crystal was addressing him. He could only sigh as she continued to berate him as if video games were a bad thing. "Like I said, if you want to know what I can do, then I'll gladly tell you. To be honest, I almost could never do magic." He never felt comfortable talking about his problems. To him, talking about this was like a weakness of sorts. "You see my horn?" He asks while pointing to the curved horn on his forehead. "When I was born, the doctor's couldn't understand why my horn was curved, instead of a regular unicorn horn. Eventually, they just told my parents that it was a birth defect and that I would never be able to use magic. Over the years, I was ridiculed and bullied for not being a normal unicorn. Do you know how difficult that is?" He felt a lone tear or two escape, but he continued. "As the years went by, I had to make due to my limitation, but it was still never easy. I was being chased by some bullies from my school and I stumbled upon an arcade. The owner was nice, kind and helpful. He was able to introduce the gaming world to me and I felt like I stumbled into paradise. The bullies found me and I had to defend myself, so the owner set up a game for us. Gaming was easier than it looked as I got used to it. When I was playing, it felt like my magic connected to video games and my magic came to life."

He sighed while trying to gather his composure. "Over time, I had to learn how to use magic. My mom tried to help, so I managed to learn a few spells, but I'm still learning. Even my dad, who was a Pegasus, was learning about magic to help me. It really showed how he cared and wanted to help. I lost my dad about a year ago, but he told me to stay try to myself. If gaming was what made me happy, then I had to continue being a gamer. I decided if I had to defend myself, then I could learn moves from video games. Provided that it was possible to use moves in a way that I could manage the moves." He noticed that they were nearing the station. He levitated his saddlebags and gathered his belongings. "I'm sorry, but I don't expect you to understand. Just...please try to get to know somepony better. Maybe then, you'll understand how they feel or how they act." He said, before making his way to the door.