Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP, LGBT, values and morals conflicting?

ManaMinori

3 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I presented the case on what the Bible says on the subject. It does, in fact, address real people's real sins, and since I stand by the Bible's morals, I - again, an condemning the SIN. The ACT of homosexuality. 

Right, but by doing so you're inherently condemning gay people for having the audacity to live their life the way they want to. 

4 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

But again- I'm talking about my discomfort here with homosexual ponies, for now.

Right, but your discomfort stems from the fact that you think that showing that there exist gay ponies "pushes the gay agenda". 

• Brohoof 5

The Bible is a poor source of morality. It was written by people from thousands of years ago. They couldn't even understand that slavery was wrong. The Bible not only condones slavery, but even orders it, itself.

Think for yourself. Think about LGBT people, and think about if what they're doing is really harming anyone in reality. Sin is a meaningless concept. We should care about the people around us.

• Brohoof 10

2 minutes ago, Nightmare Muffin said:

I presented the case on what the Bible says on the subject. It does, in fact, address real people's real sins, and since I stand by the Bible's morals, I - again, an condemning the SIN. The ACT of homosexuality. 

12 minutes ago, Thorgir the Mighty said:

Wait,is Hasbro supporting gays?

I’m a Christian and I believe you,but if this franchise supports homosexuality I’m out!

My boyfriend's a Catholic, 

He also stands by the Bible and he is bi-sexual...

so is he suddenly a sinner?

8 minutes ago, Yamet said:

You're the one who brought real life people into this when you started dismissing their lifestyle. 

I mean, you can't complain about the show "pushing the gay agenda" by showing kids that gay people exist, and then claim that it has nothing to do with real people. 

there is no "Gay agenda" but rather a very long struggle for equality,

as anybody as part of the LGBT community will tell you.

• Brohoof 3

Locking this thread, pending additional action...

• The topic was locked

I suggest that everyone tread carefully in topics like these. Very very carefully. We are not a community or a staff that permits blantant targeting of the LGBT community in the fandom. Don't take our recent desire for open dialogue as a shift in that policy. 

The same for individuals of faith. There are individuals of both. Christians can be gay and trans and visa versa. 

• Brohoof 11

(edited)

This thread is staying locked. It is toxic. I'm going to out this out there so you know where I personally stand. I'm a Christan. I do not take issue when people do not share my views and personal Faith. I take issue with people who paint Christians with a broad brush of espousing hate and intolerance. I also take issue when fellow Christians wave the Faith as a war sigil against the LGBT community. My household is dominated by every color in the rainbow and by three different belief systems. I'm not so foolish to believe that my household can be the world we live in. I don't expect all of you to be besties or anything. However, I do expect people to treat each other with respect and courtesy. 

We aren't encouraging holding hands singing kumbaya (or however that's spelled) ... but to be frank .... avoiding being an overt asshole isn't hard. It's really not. You don't like gay marriage. Fine. I disagree with you, but you can still say that on here. You want to point out some hypocrites in the gay community, fine with that too. You want to point to the historical issues with Christianity and the statistics showing a general opposition to the LGBT community? It's a discussion worth having. 

But when you do so, watch how you string your words together and think carefully about creating a thread that is potentially a land mine. It may take a few extra neurons, but most of us are smart enough to know how to get a point across without being an ass. Some of us choose not to. It's those that need to be careful. 

Don't be that person. 

Edited by Jeric
Grammar and speed ... not good bedfellows.
  • Brohoof 19