Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Best forums.

CastletonSnob

Absolutely nothing pony-related even compares to this one. Other MLP forums are pretty much dead.

As for other forums... ehh, lots of them have some pretty toxic people. When in doubt, just go to Reddit because the community is massive, though the drawback is that there aren't many ways to personalize your profile. And the subreddit communities can sometimes get too big for people who want to make friends along with discussing common interests.

• Brohoof 1

These days, there really are not any good forums out there (this one included, honestly). They've become progressively more toxic, and more unbearable. Almost to the point that I don't really look for forums to join as I used to in the past.

I have to go against your rule here, but none other this forum really. Most forums I was in has a lot of ignorances users. 

• Brohoof 1

Nothing beats this forum. I've been in at least 2 others and one of them turned out to be filled with drama and crap, while the other was too serious for me. Other mlpforums are dead, I used to be on Equestria Daily but I no longer go there. 

• Brohoof 1

Aside from this forum, I found the Super Mario Boards to be decent. It's pretty active, with the exception of certain times in the day. This can be inconvenient if you live outside the US.

• Brohoof 1

I've been to other pony forums in my days (I think one of them was called everypony.com or something) and this one seems to be the most welcoming by far. Plus there is a steady community and doesn't suffer from most other forums that just sit dead for most of the day.

• Brohoof 4

• 5 months later...

It depends on what you really want out of a forum.

If you're looking for completely off-topic forums, search for that specifically as there is a lot out there. Personally, I like a more structured forum on a couple of these I am a member of.

If you're looking for a lot of people who share similar interests with you, such as certain movies or tv shows, then search for that and join the ones that are active. I think you should lurk as a guest around before joining to see what type of environment is on the forum. There's always going to be drama and bickering in a forum, but just how the staff handles it and keeps everything clean is what I look for.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...

The only other forums I browse is Dogs On Acid for tongue-in-cheek bass music banter and such, though I'm more of a lurker there.

I think it's funny that they like to joke about stuff like the creation of the forums to mess with people, just in good fun.

Also lots of music history that went on there, got to see how people were discussing about the latest releases of the day and artists evolving, seeing people's thoughts (some more unhinged than others).

Staff there seems to do a good job keeping things fairly civil too without being too controlling or unbearable, and at least from a lurker's perspective, not a single staff is marked as being a moderator, admin, etc. so it definitely encourages people to act as themselves a lot more. Though, that doesn't excuse being a scumbag. I've seen some users get nuked off those forums.

I can't speak much about other forums, so MLPF and DOA would be my top and only choices :P

Edit: I forgot that I am also a lurker on KVR and Gearspace, though I don't browse those forums much.

Edited by Trot Shuffle
i remembered
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...