Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which of the Mane 6 is most likely to turn evil?

Shadow Nightwing

Which of the Mane 6 is most likely to go evil? Least likely?  

46 users have voted

1. 1. Most likely to turn evil

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy
  2. 2. Least likely to turn evil

• Twilight Sparkle
    • Rainbow Dash
    • Pinkie Pie
    • Rarity
    • Applejack
    • Fluttershy

Just seeing the development of the friendships of mane 6 id say chance of one of then turning the coat is pretty slim if not impossible. Id say Spike is the most likely one though idk about his developent past s7 

Id say least likely is Rarity as  I believe her nature of character is impossible to turn evil while maintaining the traits that define her character.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

While RD would make a pretty cool villain, I don't think she would be the most likely to turn evil. I honestly think Pinkie Pie is the most likely to turn evil, as we saw way back in season one or so, when she was cut off from her friends and felt extremely bitter, she went completely insane and started talking to rocks and sacks of potatoes. If she were cut off again from her friends and felt angry at them like she did before, it's possible she could go back to the place of insanity again, and once there, who knows what kinda things she could do :wacko: 

I think somepony like Applejack is the least likely to become evil, mostly because she just doesn't seem to have the right personality traits for possibly being evil. She also doesn't have a whole lot of reason to be evil either, she's pretty happy with her life on the farm and all, and doesn't go completely insane like Pinkie Pie does when she's cut off from her friends and alone. 

Edited by King of Canterlot
  • Brohoof 2

Rarity turns evil twice in the comics. ;) when generosity turns to envy and insecurity, Rarity's evil self is actually quite believable.

And I could never see Pinkie Pie truly becoming evil. She may find herself in an extremely bad psychological state if she feels rejected by her friends, but she would never truly take revenge on anypony for doing that. The murderous Pinkie Pie of creepypastas just isn't believable.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

WARNING: The following post contains the replier's biases and dislike towards your potential favorite pony. Viewer Discretion is Strongly Advised.

I have a bias that I wish to express against Rainbow Dash. I think she is far more likely than the rest of the Mane 6 to turn evil because I speculate that her Prideful and Arrogant personality could step over her Element of Loyalty potentially corrupting it along with her. Pride and Arrogance defies Shame and Humility. Thus, from this vice Rainbow Dash will slowly be considering herself The Superior Pony amongst all other ponies including Celestia and Luna. I want you to consider, she is the catalyst that started the foundation of The Mane 6 based on her Sonic Rainboom as a filly on the episode 23 from Season 1 "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" which I quote in MLP Wiki,

http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/The_Cutie_Mark_Chronicles

Epilogue

As the story ends, Dash's friends suddenly remember hearing, or seeing, that very blast [Sonic Rainboom] from their stories. Eventually, an epiphany forms: Dash's race led to the inspiration of their goals and helped them earn their cutie marks. They believe that they were destined to be friends, even before they knew each other. They gather for a group hug, while Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle pull a reluctant Scootaloo into a group hug of their own.

and she will be the same catalyst that will destroy the Mane 6. She will establish a nation from the clouds above where Pegasus rule, and other ponies (unicorns, earth, alicorns) will worship her over Celestia and Luna, thus leading the destruction of The MLP Universe. Overall, Rainbow Dash is OP. PLZ NERF. :muffins:

Least likely to be evil? Pinkie Pie duh! :P She's like The Joker where she's so sane that ponies in her universe would consider her insane when she really isn't. In other words, she's a hyper sane pony (Or a Super Sane Pony) that can break the 4th wall similar to The Joker in all respects. Except, she would be self-aware of the reality of her universe that despite her actions of destroying the MLP Universe would mean little consequence to her, she relishes on enjoying the universe and adores the ponies in her universe. Two sides of the same coin. Where Joker is Hyper Sane Evil, Pinkie Pie is Hyper Sane Good.

Also, check this video about the Joker's potentially big secret on YouTube The Imaginary Axis,

Edited by ZethaPonderer
Adding furthermore in underline and bolding certain word choices in (preferably the warning statement).

I chose Fluttershy as the one most likely to turn evil. It's always the quiet ones. :fluttershy: For least likely, I chose Rainbow Dash. She chose to remain loyal to her friends from the very beginning and has less of a reason than ever to falter from her cause now.

I agree

4 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

WARNING: The following post contains the replier's biases and dislike towards your potential favorite pony. Viewer Discretion is Strongly Advised.

I have a bias that I wish to express against Rainbow Dash. I think she is far more likely than the rest of the Mane 6 to turn evil because I speculate that her Prideful and Arrogant personality could step over her Element of Loyalty potentially corrupting it along with her. Pride and Arrogance defies Shame and Humility. Thus, from this vice Rainbow Dash will slowly be considering herself The Superior Pony amongst all other ponies including Celestia and Luna. I want you to consider, she is the catalyst that started the foundation of The Mane 6 based on her Sonic Rainboom as a filly on the episode 23 from Season 1 "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" which I quote in MLP Wiki,

and she will be the same catalyst that will destroy the Mane 6. She will establish a nation from the clouds above where Pegasus rule, and other ponies (unicorns, earth, alicorns) will worship her over Celestia and Luna, thus leading the destruction of The MLP Universe. Overall, Rainbow Dash is OP. PLZ NERF. :muffins:

Least likely to be evil? Pinkie Pie duh! :P She's like The Joker where she's so sane that ponies in her universe would consider her insane when she really isn't. In other words, she's a hyper sane pony (Or a Super Sane Pony) that can break the 4th wall similar to The Joker in all respects. Except, she would be self-aware of the reality of her universe that despite her actions of destroying the MLP Universe would mean little consequence to her, she relishes on enjoying the universe and adores the ponies in her universe. Two sides of the same coin. Where Joker is Hyper Sane Evil, Pinkie Pie is Hyper Sane Good.

Also, check this video about the Joker's potentially big secret on YouTube The Imaginary Axis,

Interesting video and a theory I've always had about the joker nice to see I'm not the only one and Pinkie Pie breaks the 4th wall even more in the comics than she does in the show. Of course the really fun thing about this theory is how do you know you're not in the same boat and all you see is just a fictional construct of some outside obverser, how do you know who's insane and who see's that crowd of beings looking in at everything they do? Are they talking to themselves or are they talking to the beings on other side of a wall only they can see.

Also I don't think spending milliions to dress up as a bat and beat up criminals is the best argument for sanity.

That said and on topic tough question, tough question. Most likely for me is Fluttershy we've seen hints of the monster she could be. Iron Will trained bully Fluttershy, terrifying batpony Fluttershy, roaring angry Fluttershy, playacting manehattan storekeep Fluttershy and most of the time its not her friends who stop her. In many cases when they try they wind up the ones in tears no the one who stops Fluttershy is Fluttershy as her own fear of the monster inside pulls her back. Is her being afraid of her own shadow a joke or a literal warning few understand?

As for least likely that's the one that puzzled me as each of them has that little darkeness inside, the flaws that could turn them from defenders of Equestria into its enemies.

Twilight so willing to believe what she reads, so organized, so often leaping to conclusions based on her own preconceived notions. So very easy to take that step further and convince herself she's not evil its for their own good that she takes control, that she organizes all this chaos in Ponies lives, in time they'll understand what her checklists show. Just like when she took Pinky down to her basement lab to quantify her Pinky sense.

Rarity as mentioned its happned in the comics when generosity turns to envy when she thinks her gifts are spurned and tossed aside so she'll help others, those who appreciate a ponies help.

Applejack grounded, focused, her life is her family and her family is her life. But if someone were to threaten that or worse to take it away where might a pony go, what might she do for justice and if that justice didn't come from those who claimed to support it because of a legal technicality or reasonable doubt then perhaps someone should replace that so called justice which has failed so many times with one that will truly punish the guilty.

Rainbow Dash so brave, so confident, so vulnerable to the softer, gentler side she's embrassed to show whether its a doubt in her own abilities or just the fact that she likes a pampered pony muzzle massage. How hard would it be to urge her on, to push her to go that little bit further so that someone gets hurt someone like say Apple Blossom.

Fluttershy shy, inncoent, kind and yet with that hidden darkness I mentioned before lurking within and possibly drawn out by convincing her that she's not mean she's being cruel to be kind?

Pinkie Pie seemingly the smartest, most organized of all the ponies with a glimpse into worlds and realities that the others don't see or even guess at. The hardest in a way to turn to darkness because unlike the others her doubts and vulnerabilities turn inward rather than outward leaving her sad and doubting herself rather than lashing out or trying to correct other ponies. Even she could be turned though you just have to take her step by step down the path. First convince her that her silliness and jokes are unwelcome that even her friends find her annoying and often ignore her because its what allows them to deal with her, then when she's down and mopie a little nudge, get her to go a little too far in trying to rebound and watch as they turn on her as they confirm her own fear that even her closest friends think her annoying and then. Then you console and comfort its not her its them they're too serious, too hidebound she needs to take them and make them laugh, make them smile, make them draw back the fans.

image.png.fe751166b329ed342390e30cdd81f38b.png

• Brohoof 1

Most likely: Twilight... power corrupts, yo... she has the most power, hence the most corruption potential.
Least likely: Fluttershy: Her gentle nature is least likely to go bad.

Yeah, any of them could go evil, actually.

• Brohoof 2

I voted for Rarity to turn evil as we've already seen her not only as Nightmare Rarity in comics, but also her personality skeeved due to a certain book if you remember :P

However, I am truly surprised that Rainbow Dash does not get least evil votes. It is as if everyone have already forgotten about S01E02 Shadowbolts scene, where RD straightforward states she would never abandon her friends. And she is the element of loyalty as well.

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Passion said:

I voted for Rarity to turn evil as we've already seen her not only as Nightmare Rarity in comics, but also her personality skeeved due to a certain book if you remember :P

However, I am truly surprised that Rainbow Dash does not get least evil votes. It is as if everyone have already forgotten about S01E02 Shadowbolts scene, where RD straightforward states she would never abandon her friends. And she is the element of loyalty as well.

Although I agree Rarity would be a FABULOUS villain, I never bought the comic's reason for making her the next Nightmare Moon.

As for the pilot scene, I've long maintained that, as represented, it wasn't a true test of loyalty for Dashy. And Dashy had done enough to make me doubt she's truly as loyal as is usually represented.

*Note this:  I don't necessarily dislike RD, but if you're gonna claim she never betrays her Element, I've got a doozey of a couple of counter examples.

• Brohoof 2

The moment I saw some fan made MLP horror game and saw how freaky Pinkie looks in it, it changed my perspective forever on her. 

Fluttershy is way too nice to turn evil. She's just a cute, cuddly, pony!:fluttershy::fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Senko said:

I agree

Interesting video and a theory I've always had about the joker nice to see I'm not the only one and Pinkie Pie breaks the 4th wall even more in the comics than she does in the show. Of course the really fun thing about this theory is how do you know you're not in the same boat and all you see is just a fictional construct of some outside obverser, how do you know who's insane and who see's that crowd of beings looking in at everything they do? Are they talking to themselves or are they talking to the beings on other side of a wall only they can see.

Also I don't think spending milliions to dress up as a bat and beat up criminals is the best argument for sanity.

Woah. The metaness of such question is so profound, I don’t even think I can have a solid answer for that. But, I’ll give it a try. Pinkie Pie knows something that a lot of her ponies don’t. She can come up with ideas and plans that are so out of the ordinary and strange that it works e.g. ‘Swarm of The Century’. And while she does have her moments of sadness and insanity trips that ponies in her universe would find her antics and jokes insufferable to deal with, she does have some semblence of understanding that she really loves her friends and only means best for them, even though she knows they’re not real to us.

Pinkie Pie always seems to be self-aware that she is a cartoon character designed to make her audience smile (AKA Humanity). She would consider us as her imaginary fans just as much as The Joker would.

I would think that Pinkie Pie would be depressed with a tint of losing a bit of her sanity if any of her friends died. But, instead of embracing the chaos that her friends are dead and deem Life as Inconsequential and Unfair, she is self-aware to know that maybe she can do something about it to revive them alongside stopping the big main baddy that could be one of her friends.

Remember, she relishes in taking joy on the MLP universe she lives in. She loves her friends despite being self-aware that she and her friends are not real to us Humans.

(edited)

I find Rainbow Dash, Applejack and Rarity the opposite of evil, but rather, just quite bossy at times.

Pinkie Pie's Pinkamena form clearly gives her a wicked look; same with Fluttershy's Flutterbat form; and don't forget Twilight's Midnight form!

Edited by FirePuppy

(edited)

Twilight Sparkle is my absolute favorite and I of course wouldn’t want this for her, but I feel like if any of the Mane 6 were to go bad, it’d be her. This, of course, is not at all based on personality and more what the writers would probably pick, seeing as she is the main character. I couldn’t see the logic behind picking on an almost random pony other than Twilight. 

The least likely? Applejack, certainly. She is 100% wholesome and pure. I can’t see her going full-fledged evil...she’d have too much work on the farm the devote time to being evil! ;)

Edited by Lunar Glow
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Lunar Glow said:

Twilight Sparkle is my absolute favorite and I of course wouldn’t want this for her, but I feel like if any of the Mane 6 were to go bad, it’d be her. This, of course, is not at all based on personality and more what the writers would probably pick, seeing as she is the main character. I couldn’t see the logic behind picking on an almost random pony other than Twilight. 

The least likely? Applejack, certainly. She is 100% wholesome and pure. I can’t see her going full-fledged evil...she’d have too much work on the farm the devote time to being evil! ;)

Hmmm now I'm picturing the writers picking Derpy to be the evil pony.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I really don't know, I thought Rainbow Dash has some ridiculous criminal record with almost destroying weather factory because of her pet. On the opposite side I don't really see Rarity as a viliain. Even if we pretend that Nightmare Rarity never happened.

• 2 years later...