Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
Message added by Jeric

Warning, there will likely be spoilers in the Episode discussion threads so venture in at your own peril. 

The End in Friend  

89 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Rainbow Dash: "*groans* As soon as we find this amulet, we are DONE with each other!" Rarity: "FINE BY ME!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Rainbow Dash: "Can they…clean up glitter? Ew! It's on my hooves! *shakes hoof; Rarity rolls eyes* Are we done yet?! *groans* This is sooooo boring!" (I dislike it!)
    • Starlight Glimmer *quietly to herself*: "I can see I'm gonna need reinforcements." *teleports* (…meh…)
    • Bufogren *chewing contently*: "Mmmmm… *foams mint* My mouth. Fresh and minty! *noms*" (I like it!)
    • Rainbow Dash: "Uh, that…is…AWESOME!" (I LOVE IT! <3)

(edited)

Note: Some content from Season 8 was leaked near the end of last year. While much of it is officially revealed, much isn't. So, please keep leaked content under the tag and don't post or link leaked assets.

Zap2It first announced the episode's title and date, and Hasbro released their August lineup on July 20.

Title: The End in Friend

Airtime (DF/U.S.): August 18, 11:30am EST

Writer: Gillian M. Berrow

Synopsis: Rarity and Rainbow Dash begin to question why they are friends when they can't find anything they both like to do together.

Episode to be linked after it airs.

Mega: https://mega.nz/embed#!jv51mbhZ!_rsWL0IkGGTAZN1RyQuyqQqvBcEFvS6q4Lq-Y8sxWO8

Edited by Dark Qiviut
Added new episode link! :D
  • Brohoof 4

12 minutes ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Synopsis: Rarity and Rainbow Dash begin to question why they are friends when they can't find anything they both like to do together.

I mean isn't that the same as "Uncommon Bond?"

I'm usually not one to jump on what seems like rehashed plots but I have difficulty seeing how the resolution to this is going to be different than that i.e. "We don't need to have things we both like to do as long as we value each other's friendship any activity is worth doing together" or something akin to that..........

...and yet I can already see this as being completely different as well. Rarity and Rainbow Dash certainly have a much different chemistry compared to Starlight and Sunburst.

Even looking back at the episodes this premise actually makes sense. We've only had one true RarityDash episode, "Rarity Investigates," which during the entire thing Rainbow Dash was opposing Rarity's methods to investigating. Most episodes they've actually had a subtle rivalry or clashing of ideals of sorts (Sonic Rainboom, Dragon Quest, Applejack's "Day" Off) and really the closest thing we've seen them do together is camping (and possibly the spa if Dash is open enough to it). So in retrospect this premise and duo of characters does have the least amount of interaction to pull it off successfully. Consider myself optimistic now.

• Brohoof 5

The synopsis sounds really interesting because this is probably the very first time they address of why Rarity and Rainbow Dash would be friends.

8 hours ago, KH7672 said:

I'm usually not one to jump on what seems like rehashed plots but I have difficulty seeing how the resolution to this is going to be different than that i.e. "We don't need to have things we both like to do as long as we value each other's friendship any activity is worth doing together" or something akin to that..........

...and yet I can already see this as being completely different as well. Rarity and Rainbow Dash certainly have a much different chemistry compared to Starlight and Sunburst.

Even looking back at the episodes this premise actually makes sense. We've only had one true RarityDash episode, "Rarity Investigates," which during the entire thing Rainbow Dash was opposing Rarity's methods to investigating. Most episodes they've actually had a subtle rivalry or clashing of ideals of sorts (Sonic Rainboom, Dragon Quest, Applejack's "Day" Off) and really the closest thing we've seen them do together is camping (and possibly the spa if Dash is open enough to it). So in retrospect this premise and duo of characters does have the least amount of interaction to pull it off successfully. Consider myself optimistic now.

I initially thought the same as you, meaning that we just had this type of episode, but this one has subtle differences that make it worth telling. Starlight and Sunburst where childhood friends who grew apart and were reunited. While there was an element of Starlight trying to find common ground through shared interests, she tried to recapture a magic that wasn't exactly there since they both had changed. 

This one may touch on the element of Friends by Association. For years RD and Rares felt like the two were friends only through mutual friendship that anchored their connection together. Rarity Investigates showed that they can play off each other well, but circumstances and not mutual interest had them both in Canterlot at the same time. I can't wait to see more cute moments like Rarity sunscreen booping RD.

They do share several traits in common that most of the other characters don't share. One is RD and Rarity are dreamers. They believe in chasing that one dream that motivates them. I wonder if that could be the moral. 

1 hour ago, FirePuppy said:

UGH... there better be NO MORE RariDash episodes after this.

I'll especially hate it even more if Applejack makes an appearance as well but the rest don't.

This would be the second one in the entire series. Shush. :P

• Brohoof 9

Raridash is one of my favorite character dynamics out of the main cast, so I am always up for getting more episodes focusing on the two of them.  Hopefully this episode will turn out as good as their last outing, Rarity Investigates, was.

OMG, RariDash is something I need MORE of in my life; second only to StarTrix. I absolutely loved the friendly dynamic from "Rarity Investigates" so I have some hope for this one. <3

• Brohoof 1

28 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

OMG, RariDash is something I need MORE of in my life; second only to StarTrix. I absolutely loved the friendly dynamic from "Rarity Investigates" so I have some hope for this one. <3

Actually, S1's "Sonic Rainboom" was the first episode to focus on Rarity and Rainbow Dash because it's Rarity who had to learn the lesson of "keeping her hooves on the ground and be there for her friend" Rainbow may have saved her life, Rarity was as much the focus as Dash is.

Similar reason why I consider S2's "Sweet and Elite" to be a Rarity and Twilight episode. It featured Rarity wanting to make a lovely dress for Twilight's birthday, but ends up sacrificing her dress making time to be with Canterlot's Elite.

So, actually this new episode would be the 3rd Raridash episode in the series, not the 2nd

Other then the times they been at the spa. like during Gabby gums or such.  honestly read so much fanfiction that any synopsis these days sounds like a fanfic :)  But it's true they both have drive for sucess, plus creativity in one sense or another.

On 7/11/2018 at 7:38 AM, Wholly Windcharger said:

Actually, S1's "Sonic Rainboom" was the first episode to focus on Rarity and Rainbow Dash because it's Rarity who had to learn the lesson of "keeping her hooves on the ground and be there for her friend" Rainbow may have saved her life, Rarity was as much the focus as Dash is.

Similar reason why I consider S2's "Sweet and Elite" to be a Rarity and Twilight episode. It featured Rarity wanting to make a lovely dress for Twilight's birthday, but ends up sacrificing her dress making time to be with Canterlot's Elite.

So, actually this new episode would be the 3rd Raridash episode in the series, not the 2nd

No one ever counts Sonic Rainboom because it never focuses on them as a pair, hell as a pair Fluttershy/RD feels more prominent. Rarity Investigates was the only time the RD/Rarity dynamic was on display

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
9 hours ago, Whomps said:

No one ever counts Sonic Rainboom because it never focuses on them as a pair, hell as a pair Fluttershy/RD feels more prominent. Rarity Investigates was the only time the RD/Rarity dynamic was on display

Are you Ignoring the fact that Rarity competed in the Flying competition as Rainbow and nearly died as a result or that everyone in Cloudsdale was enamored by Rarity's temporary wings? It DID showed Rarity learning her lesson. So she's in focus as Rainbow is.

If you're going to criticize how I determine who's in the Spotlight, read my blogs first. I've established a long time ago how I do so.

Spoiler

To be in the spotlight, a character must either:

• be the one with a lesson to learn.(Example: Twilight in Season 4's Testing Testing, 1,2,3. She learns there is more than one way of studying)
  • be the ones we the viewers follow throughout the episode (Ex: In Season 5's Party Pooped, Pinkie Pie journeys to Yakyakistan, while Twilight Sparkle tries to keep the visiting Yaks calm back in Ponyville.)
  • be part of character interactions where character in question has their characteristics work off another character. (Ex: many of the 2-pony episodes like the Season 5 "Map" episodes)
  • be a reformed villain who becomes a recruiting character. Recruiting means the character must have played a role in at least 3 episodes. In cases like these, their debut episodes where they were full villains count as a spotlight for them. For now, the two big ones are Discord and Starlight Glimmer. Minor Villains like Gilda and Trixie are in the spotlight, but likely won't get the character slot.

[*]There will be a character slot for one or two characters, NOT more. [*]The Mane 6 and the Cutie Mark Crusaders can each be treated as one character when they're together. [*]The challenge for me is when I do episodes where the spotlight is most certainly on 3 characters. I have to debate which 2 of the 3 characters get the slot

Since Rarity learns the lesson in that episode, she automatically gets "Focus" status.

Also, who gets focus is subjective, not objective, depending on how the individual viewer see it!

I see those two getting focus there so it can count. 

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

I’m super excited for this episode (it’s been so long since a new one aired!), but what happened to episode 14? Wasn’t the Mean 6 episode 13? :mlp_wat:

Aside from that, this is shaping up to be a good twenty-two minutes. I’m always open for some RariDash, and it’ll air while I’m on vacation! That’s two times the fun! :squee:

15 minutes ago, sandyshores123 said:

I’m super excited for this episode (it’s been so long since a new one aired!), but what happened to episode 14? Wasn’t the Mean 6 episode 13? :mlp_wat:

Since Season 5. The season has always been split into 2 halves of 13 episodes each. We just have to wait for the 2nd half of 13 episodes.

Here's a bit of "spoilers" 

Spoiler

The title is just for the younger audience, we know that they will remain friends.  Heck, when you think of it, this may the "Rollercoaster of Friendship" Of FIM S8  And we also know, that they'll find something to do together or help each other be more tomboysih (Rainbow helping Rarity) or feminity (Rarity helping Rainbow).

But come on, we know that writing staff wouldn't break off the friendship of two of the Mane 7.  So again the ending is predictable (story may be really good overall) , however we have to remember the title is for the younger audience watching. Because at the end of the day, the creative staff has to be reminded, that is a show for kids (and to sell toys) ;)

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:48 PM, KH7672 said:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wish the writers had thought of something for these two to do together, but I’m sure it’ll be fine as long as the characters don’t spend the entire episode bickering. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...