Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you find weird about the Equestria Girls Universe

Sparklefan1234

"What are some of the things you think are weird about the Equestria Girls universe?"

Here are a few things that I think are weird:

1. All of the locations have MLP related names.
  2. All of the humans are unusual pastel colors.
  3. The students rarely go to class.  
  4. Magical events are just accepted as normal. 

• Brohoof 7

(edited)
33 minutes ago, Nightfall Thunder said:

They are able to grow wings

But not horns for some reason! :blink: Maybe because it would look much more disturbing than growing wings.

Ponies become humans when they go through the portal, but horses still exist in the EqG universe.

All (or most) of the ponies seem to have human equivalents, but their ages can differ significantly from their pony versions. The Mane 6 and the CMCs at least appear to be closer in age to each other, and human Celestia and Luna are probably a lot younger than the ponies.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 7

Everyone else has already stated the weird stuff to me. There's nothing I can add except this. The weird stuff is what makes the Equestria Girls World interesting to know more about even if most of the world building has been better addressed in fan fiction than in official works.

• Brohoof 2

• Pony names instead of human ones. 
  • Ponies, griffons and diamond dogs have human counterparts. Dragons have dog counterparts? 
  • No human Starlight (yet). 
  • How an entire nation in one dimension is only just a city in another. Or how it's gods are actually school faculty. 
  • No mention of any otuside cities or nations. 
  • Brohoof 5

Just now, Denim&Venom said:

Pony names instead of human ones. 

Are all of the parents in "Pedestria" crazy or something?! :blink:

You do not name a *human* child "Shining Armor". ^_^

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, cmarston1 said:

That Applejack and Rarity get along better as high school students than they do as fully grown adults with their own careers.

Speaking of that, Rarity (A high school student.) owning her own successful business. :confused:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Are all of the parents in "Pedestria" crazy or something?! :blink:

You do not name a *human* child "Shining Armor". ^_^

Unless... what if what we're hearing aren't their real names, but how Twilight hears that worlds language and interprets their names as? For all we know, Stephen Amel could translate to Shining Armor in her head. 

Oh, just thought of another weird thing: how every person in Canterlot High (minus Sci-Twi) acts just like their Equestrian counterpart, despite vastly different life experiences. 

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Speaking of that, Rarity (A high school student.) owning her own successful business. :confused:

There are some pretty entrepreneurial students out there, though.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ggg-2 said:

Why don't the human versions of Big Mac and Shining Armor share the same builds as their pony counterparts but Bulk Biceps does?

Also, why isn't human Big Mac red like his pony version? :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, why isn't human Big Mac red like his pony version? :wacko:

I think i read that they didn't make Big Mac red because they wanted to avoid racist accusations from Native Americans. 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

The principals are all awful and dupe school boards and do not alert the authorities

Yeah. Instead they just laugh things off like everyone else around them are crazy. :confused:

• Brohoof 2

The fact that Sunset Shimmer is somehow able to make an honest living (with a part time job, decently sized apartment, and everything) despite having no family and limited knowledge on human society.

And yeah, the age difference can get pretty dang confusing. What exactly determines when a human counterpart is born as opposed to the pony one, or even if they're born at all? Keep in mind, there's a bunch of human characters we've never seen as ponies, and vice versa.

But honestly, I think a lot of these odd quirks about an otherwise grounded society are part of what makes the EqG universe strangely intriguing to me. It's still recognizable as something to come out of MLP, but there's more than enough heavy contrasts to really get a sense on just how different their lives play out as humans.

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Another thing I think is weird is in the Equestira Girls universe Tirek is a character in a video game. 

And Maniac is two characters in a comic book. 

And discord appears to exist as merchandise? 

Is MLP an in universe show over there and no one at Canterlot high wants to come out of the stable as it were? 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

And Maniac is two characters in a comic book. 

And discord appears to exist as merchandise? 

Is MLP an in universe show over there and no one at Canterlot high wants to come out of the stable as it were? 

1. The Maniac is TWO characters in EQG? :confused:
  2. Another cool fact. 
  3. *Brain explodes* :blink:
Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Eeyup. 

And this was from an in-universe comic too. 

Awesome! ^_^

Oh! There are Daring Do movies in the Equestria Girls universe & AK Yearling, may or may not just write fictional wish fulfillment stories. :mlp_smug:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 2

Never finished any of the movies form EQG, but from what I saw, I can say the weirdest thing has to be the skin colors. Aside from the obvious unusual colors, why do some characters have normal skin colors? Where is the consistency? 

• Brohoof 1