Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you find weird about the Equestria Girls Universe

Sparklefan1234

Magic continues to seep forth from the crack where the Wondercolt statue used to be yet no one has figured to investigate it.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Magic continues to seep forth from the crack where the Wondercolt statue used to be yet no one has figured to investigate it.

Not to mention, 3 specials later and the statue still hasn't been replaced.

• Brohoof 1

Colorful human skins are weird, and not to mention their outrageous hair styles.

That giant rainbow pillar is very difficult to not to be noticed/seen. That's very weird!

None of the students really told about their stories online or something similar to that.

• Brohoof 1

Everyone is ok with the mane 7 doing weird magical stuff that no one else understands, yet no one asks them to explain, even out of curiosity.

Selfie sensing drone. Enough said.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
On 7/12/2018 at 7:50 AM, Tacodidra said:

But not horns for some reason! :blink: Maybe because it would look much more disturbing than growing wings.

They also don't have tails their hair just gets longer.

Most of what I'd say has already been said though I wouldn't mind taking a 1,000 year paid vacation.

However I'd like to comment on the fact that 90% of the worlds parallel each other canterlot = canterlot high, princess celestia = principal celestia, pinkie = pinkie yet cadence isn't the head of crystal prep instead its an uknown principal cinch with no pony counterpart I can pick.

As for the pillar of rainbow light the Equestria Girls universe is just more accepting. Giant rainbow pillar - check, winged demon girl - check, mind controlled students - check, winged horned pony girl - check, winged pony girls - check, pony girls - check, talking dog - now that ones weird.

I also have a theory that quite a few people have wandered through that statue by accident since its active for 3 day's and then permanently when Twilight upgrades it though I do wonder why none of the other mane 6 or their counterparts uses it.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Senko said:

However I'd like to comment on the fact that 90% of the worlds parallel each other canterlot = canterlot high, princess celestia = principal celestia, pinkie = pinkie yet cadence isn't the head of crystal prep instead its an uknown principal cinch with no pony counterpart I can pick.

Cadance has become principal of Crystal Prep by the time of Dance Magic

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Twilight Luna said:

Not to mention, 3 specials later and the statue still hasn't been replaced.

Not much time has passed since the statue was destroyed in Friendship Games so perhaps they're still trying to get it repaired or construct a new one.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Not much time has passed since the statue was destroyed in Friendship Games so perhaps they're still trying to get it repaired or construct a new one.

Or they just don't want to touch the magic statue in case it causes a rip between worlds for them to fall through.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Senko said:

Or they just don't want to touch the magic statue in case it causes a rip between worlds for them to fall through.

That's another weird that can be considered. Given that the base of the statue is still intact, what is stopping someone from accidentally falling through the portal if they were to prop themselves up against the statue? I'm surprised no one has fallen into this predicament yet.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

That's another weird that can be considered. Given that the base of the statue is still intact, what is stopping someone from accidentally falling through the portal if they were to prop themselves up against the statue? I'm surprised no one has fallen into this predicament yet.

I'm sure it has happened and there's at least a few very confused pony's wandering around out there. I also wouldn't be surprised if at least one kid didn't fall through the holes in reality when Midnight Sparkle went mad with power as we see a few hanging off the edge.

• Brohoof 3

22 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Why the humane 6 all wore boots in the first movie.

Heck, why they all wore skirts in the first movie, as well. Imagining Rainbow Dash or Applejack wanting to wear a skirt is very difficult for me. 

2 hours ago, Senko said:

I'm sure it has happened and there's at least a few very confused pony's wandering around out there. I also wouldn't be surprised if at least one kid didn't fall through the holes in reality when Midnight Sparkle went mad with power as we see a few hanging off the edge.

That sure is alarming to consider. 

• Brohoof 2

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:38 PM, Senko said:

Huh... I never thought of the latter.

Another weird thing... What did Spike see when he was chasing that rabbit through those portals during Friendship Games?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Huh... I never thought of the latter.

Another weird thing... What did Spike see when he was chasing that rabbit through those portals during Friendship Games?

Well going by the fact all the portals seem to link to Equestria and that's a Jackelope we've seen in the Everfree forest in the main series I'd guess he mostly just saw tree's unless he was chasing it near Zecora's hut.

Allow me to share a few pictures you'll see a large crowd around the main impact point on the ground Twilight makes, people falling in and then some of them being rescued. Throw in all the other portals she's opened at the time and the screaming I can easily see a student or two being lost in the chaos.

Shatter.png

Falling.png

Got you.png

For instance that blond haired kid running behind the redhead in the first picture is not there after the portals are sealed and he was running in an area that did cave in.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, Senko said:

For instance that blond haired kid running behind the redhead in the first picture is not there after the portals are sealed and he was running in an area that did cave in.

I would attribute that to an animation error. DHX has been known for these throughout both the show and Equestria Girls, but at the same time, I would also attribute it to this kid slipping through the cracks so to speak.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I would attribute that to an animation error. DHX has been known for these throughout both the show and Equestria Girls, but at the same time, I would also attribute it to this kid slipping through the cracks so to speak.

Oh I very much doubt the show writers actually intended us to think someone had vanished and it probably never occured to them that they'd need to redraw everyone as they show people running away. I just like my personal theory that at least one has fallen through. If not in that massive whole in the ground we see multiple people being pulled out of including Rarity then through one of the side on portals.

Its very easy for me to picture some kid making a bolt away from the fighting magical powerhouses only for a portal to open in front of them. Unable to stop they go thorugh and find themselves transformed with a different center of balance at the top of a hill. They trip and fall bouncing off rocks, tree's and possibly another person turned pony who went through with them. Maybe they're an earth pony, maybe they're a pegasus having to deal with gaining two more limbs leaving them with 4 legs and 2 wings, maybe they're a unicorn with no control over their magic firing off random blasts in their panic. Finally they crash to the ground at the bottom of the hill in a daze by the time they've untangled themselves and sorted out how many legs they now have the portals closed. Leaving them a lost little pony with a sprained hoof in another dimension.

Still yes as I said I'm sure that's not what the animators intended and anyone not shown after Twilight's redemption just ran away safely . . . I do prefer my theory though.

• Brohoof 3

On 7/15/2018 at 8:57 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Why are the girls more worried about making repairs to Camp Everfree than they are about fixing up their school?

Oh that's easy. Kids in general have pent up animosity towards their schools. They're forced to go to school for most their youth. They're free to go to summer camp and live out their lives. Which one would they really want to help save? 

• Brohoof 1

I was going to make separate threads for these things, but this seems like an appropriate place, so I'll just post in here.  I have two.  First is Sunset.  What is her deal?  I mean, really, what is her deal?  Okay, what the hell am I talking about?  Let me explain.  One of the biggest discrepancies between the pony and human worlds is the age difference.  The EG cast are all high school seniors (or thereabouts).  They are about 18, while the ponies are all in their mid to late twenties.  (This last point was still being debated by the community not that long ago, but the door was definitively closed when we learned that Fluttershy's younger brother is a college drop-out.)  Sunset was a student of Celestia before Twilight, so it's a good bet that she's several years older than Twi.  Pony Sunset is probably about 30 as of the latest seasons/movie.  (She could be younger, maybe as young as 25, but it doesn't make any difference as to my point,)  So....what is her deal?  She's a grown woman, and yet, she still goes to CHS?  Is she actually enrolled there, or does she just, like, loiter around and sneak into classes and randomly sit there?  What does she do for money?  How does she live?  Matter of fact, what the hell did she do when she first arrived in the human world?  She fled Equestria before the pilot episode of FIM, so she was probably about 22 or so at the time.  How did she survive upon arrival?  It's not like she had connections and a pocket full of American dollars.  Where did she even sleep?  Was she a hobo for the first year?

And here's a tangential question--where is human Sunset?  Why is she the only one we haven't see?  Well, and human Starlight, I guess.  So, the human versions are about 10 years younger than their pony counterparts, which means that at present, human Sunset is probably 20, which means she's probably in college somewhere, which is why we haven't seen her at CHS or Crystal Pepsi...I mean Crystal Prep.  :laugh:  But when Sunset first arrived, she would have been about 22, making human Sunset only 12, and pony Sunset would have lived in the world all that time, and human Sunset would have gone up through the grades and attended CHS, right?  Why did they never overlap?  The first EG movie happened right after S3 of FIM, which means, by my estimate, human Sunset should have been a freshman at CHS at the time that pony Sunset was (posing as)  a senior....even though she was ~25.  My brain hurts....  :scoots:

I actually have a headcanon that shortly after arriving in the human world, when she was still a villain, pony Sunset killed human Sunset and slipper into her life a la Rick and Morty in Rick Potion #9.  I think there's some holes in that theory, but it's the best I've got.

In the Monday Blues music video, we see Sunset's place, and it looks like she has her own apartment, which, even if you accept my headcanon, makes sense given how long she's been there.  But there are still many questions.  Why does she still go to high school?  I mean, they all continue going to CHS, even though they were seniors in the first movie.  Time stands still for them, like how Bart and Lisa have been in the 4th and 2nd grades for 30 years.  But time seems to move in Equestria....although the CMC and school ponies don't seem to age....my brain still hurts....  :scoots:

And then there's her and Flash.  They used to go out before the first movie.  Think about that for a second.  She was already and adult in her early twenties, and he was still a minor.  We don't know how far they went, so that was, at the least, inappropriate, and at the most, a felony.  :laugh:

The second strange thing about the EG universe I wanted to mention is this:

Spoiler

618380204_SunsetHorse.thumb.jpg.72ed99a6c442b0021e79ae85c58d6d73.jpg

This is perhaps the strangest thing in the entire MLP G4 franchise.  This is weird on so many levels.  Just think about what's going on here.  This would be like if you traveled to another dimension and became an animal and rode a human around.  This doesn't....like....bother Sunset at all?  I mean, it makes perfect sense that the human world would have normal horses, considering that it's supposed to be our world, but this begs a really big question: what would happen to this freaking horse if it went through the portal?  In the Equestrian universe, most four-legged mammals are intelligent and sentient.  Ponies become human and vice versa when they go through the portal....so....if a real horse when to pony world....my guess is that the portal would "attempt" to give it human DNA and screw it up, creating a monstrous cronenberg:

Spoiler

701047685_HorseCronenberg.thumb.jpg.237bc385bd759195332d0ba57c097ef6.jpg

That, or, the less likely scenario--it would combine the DNA properly and create an elegant centaur.

This remind me--there's so many other sentient species in the Equestrian universe--what would they become if they went through the portal?  What would griffons become?  What would yaks become?  Hippogriffs?  We know that dragons become dogs, which means...that somewhere in the human world is an Ember dog!!!!  MIND BLOWN.  There's sooo many questions like that in the EG universe.  You could go on forever.

Anything else that can be seen as weird... hmmm... here's one. Strange that we've not yet seen the person who is in charge of running the city where much of this series takes place in.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

1: The whole colorful human thing.

2: The out of proportion bullcrap.

3: The fact that the world itself isn't really developed.

Edited by Califorum

On 7/11/2018 at 6:33 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, why isn't human Big Mac red like his pony version? :wacko:

Probably because a human with dark red skin could be seen as just plain weird, a Native american caricature, or both. In fact, I think the pastel skin colors on most other characters were used by Hasbro to dodge the issue of race.

• Brohoof 1

On 7/11/2018 at 6:33 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Also, why isn't human Big Mac red like his pony version? :wacko:

And why Human Granny Smith is fat while Pony Smith needs some :dash:?

• Brohoof 1

On 7/11/2018 at 3:13 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Are all of the parents in "Pedestria" crazy or something?! :blink:

You do not name a *human* child "Shining Armor". ^_^

Not all. In The Legend of Everfree, Timber Spruce mentioned [Pablo] Picasso.