Heart Star

Searching My Little Pokémon

Recommended Posts

(edited)

Long ago, the world of Equestria became widely inhabited by mysterious creatures called Pokémon. Pokémon have mysterious powers. The come in many shapes and live in many different places. We ponies live happily with Pokémon! Living and working together, we complement each other. We help each other out to accomplish difficult tasks. Having Pokémon battle one another is particularly popular, and it deepens the bonds between ponies and Pokémon. And that's why I research Pokémon. Well, that's enough from me. Could you tell me about yourself?

 

Welcome to a Pokémon x My Little Pony RP.  I don't have too much of an idea for a story yet, but I know that Acreus and the creation trio is gonna be involved somehow. 

Just follow the template, ok?

Name:

Age (Must older than 10):

Hometown: (A place in Equestria)

Species: (Pony, Dragon, Hippogriff, etc.)

If pony, which race? (Unicorn, Pegasus, Earth Pony. No Alicorns.)

Appearance: (skip if you have an image)

Personality(Natures are called Personalities in Equestria, BTW):

If character has cutiemark:

What is the cutiemark?:

What does it mean?:

The cutiemark story is the only background required, but you can add more if you feel it's necessary.

There is no need to write down a list of Pokémon your character has. This RP takes place supposing you're starting your journey.

You will have full control over your characters and their Pokémon, especially if your character is a unicorn; they learn a spell early in their lives which lets them communicate with their Pokémon.

EXAMPLE:

Name: Heart Star

Age: 16

Hometown: Ponyville

Species: Pony

If pony, which race? Unicorn

Personality: Timid, Often Lost in Thought. Hates herself and often insults herself, calling her worthless and ugly, but is otherwise a beautiful cinnamon roll; must be protected.

If character has cutiemark:

What is the cutiemark?: A heart and two Warp Stars from Kirby. 

What does it mean?: She got the heart part of the cutie mark by doing some generally nice thing (not sure exactly what, though.) The Warp Stars were added one night when Heart went stargazing and she found a fallen star. There was some glowy magic stuff and then Heart had cutie mark Warp Stars.

Heart Star_anxiov_bases.png

Edited by Heart Star
  • Yay 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

OMC! Think I just wept a little nostalgic tear at your Intro there! If only I had a computer to apply!

 I always have imagined what my Hoopa character could get up to, futzing around in Equestria! If only I could, I would love to! It would have to be hard controlling what Pokémon are encountered, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Widdershins said:

OMC! Think I just wept a little nostalgic tear at your Intro there! If only I had a computer to apply!

 I always have imagined what my Hoopa character could get up to, futzing around in Equestria! If only I could, I would love to! It would have to be hard controlling what Pokémon are encountered, right?

For wild Pokemon you want, you can just be like, "A wild blank appeared. I caught it." You don't have to control them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Heart Star

This sounds pretty interesting. I was just wondering a few things. 

- Would there be a certain variety of Pokemon available? As in, Kanto Pokemon to Sinnoh Pokemon, since Arceus and the creation trio are involved.

- Would it be better to have a random number generator so you can select between 3 Pokemon? Are legendary Pokemon allowed on one's team, or is that considered overpowered?

- If Kalos and Alola Pokemon are allowed, would that mean we would be able to use mega Pokemon and z-moves?

- Where would the starting area be for all new trainers who are starting on their journey? Sorry for all the question. The RP sounds like it will be awesome, but I was curious about some things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Dynamo Pad said:

@Heart Star

This sounds pretty interesting. I was just wondering a few things. 

- Would there be a certain variety of Pokemon available? As in, Kanto Pokemon to Sinnoh Pokemon, since Arceus and the creation trio are involved.

- Would it be better to have a random number generator so you can select between 3 Pokemon? Are legendary Pokemon allowed on one's team, or is that considered overpowered?

- If Kalos and Alola Pokemon are allowed, would that mean we would be able to use mega Pokemon and z-moves?

- Where would the starting area be for all new trainers who are starting on their journey? Sorry for all the question. The RP sounds like it will be awesome, but I was curious about some things. 

All pokemon are allowed, but you won't be able to automatically have a Legendary. You would need to have at least 4 gym badges before encountering a Legendary. You just can't use the creation trio/Arceus. I just want people to have the Pokémon they want. The starting area is Ponyville, with some exceptions. Dragons start in the Dragonlands, Hippogriffs start in whatever they live in, Griffins start in Griffinston, etc.

Trainers are given one of 21 starters (The starters of each region) and a Z-Ring at the beginning of their journey. Everytime a pony beats a gym leader, they get a Z-crystal. Some can also be found in shops, along with Mega Stones, which Z-rings can use. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

4 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

All pokemon are allowed, but you won't be able to automatically have a Legendary. You would need to have at least 4 gym badges before encountering a Legendary. You just can't use the creation trio/Arceus. I just want people to have the Pokémon they want. The starting area is Ponyville, with some exceptions. Dragons start in the Dragonlands, Hippogriffs start in whatever they live in, Griffins start in Griffinston, etc.

Trainers are given one of 21 starters (The starters of each region) and a Z-Ring at the beginning of their journey. Everytime a pony beats a gym leader, they get a Z-crystal. Some can also be found in shops, along with Mega Stones, which Z-rings can use. 

Oh, okay. So, majority of the time, we'll have to train our Pokemon to evolve and won't have fully evolved at the start. I have an ideal team, but I wasn't sure if they'd be with the trainers at the start. When it comes to z crystals and badges. Will the gym leader hand both of them over? Will there be a league and contests? Also, will this be a group RP or a 1 x 1 RP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

@Heart Star

Can the trainer be a Changeling (old form or new form) whose shapeshifting can only be used as a visual aid? For example, He could shapeshift to show other people the Pokemon he's talking about, but can't fight as the Pokemon.

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Dynamo Pad said:

Oh, okay. So, majority of the time, we'll have to train our Pokemon to evolve and won't have fully evolved at the start. I have an ideal team, but I wasn't sure if they'd be with the trainers at the start. When it comes to z crystals and badges. Will the gym leader hand both of them over? Will there be a league and contests? Also, will this be a group RP or a 1 x 1 RP?

Yes. and Group

Just now, Wholly Windcharger said:

@Heart Star

Can the trainer be a Changeling (old form or new form) whose shapeshifting can only be used as a visual aid? For example, He could shapeshift to show other people the Pokemon he's talking about, but can't fight as the Pokemon.

Yes. That would be Ok. I was just using Dragons and Hippogriffs as examples to say that it wasn't ponies only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Heart Star

3 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

Yes. That would be Ok. I was just using Dragons and Hippogriffs as examples to say that it wasn't ponies only.

Since Changelings are shapeshifters, I wanted to make sure my Changeling trainer wouldn't be Overpowered. Although, with what you said in the OP, it sounds like only Unicorns can directly communicate with their Pokemon. Doesn't that give Unicorns a bit of an unfair advantage over the others?

Also, I stop playing Pokemon after Black and White so I have no idea how Mega evolutions work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

@Heart Star

Since Changelings are shapeshifters, I wanted to make sure my Changeling trainer wouldn't be Overpowered. Although, with what you said in the OP, it sounds like only Unicorns can directly communicate with their Pokemon. Doesn't that give Unicorns a bit of an unfair advantage over the others?

Also, I stop playing Pokemon after Black and White so I have no idea how Mega evolutions work.

I suppose that's right about the unicorns communicating...alright, I'll cut it.

From Bulbapedia: 

In any battle, each Trainer may Mega Evolve a single Pokémon once. Mega Evolution is essentially a free action a Pokémon may make in addition to its normal move, but if a Pokémon will not use a move, it cannot Mega Evolve. Mega Evolution occurs before most actions except switching. A Mega-Evolved Pokémon will only revert back to its original state if it faints or the battle ends; if it is switched out, it will remain Mega Evolved.

A Pokémon cannot Mega Evolve if it is being held in the airborne phase of Sky Drop. Neither volatile nor non-volatile status conditions such as paralysis, sleep, and infatuation will have any effect over a Pokémon's ability to Mega Evolve, even if they result in the Pokémon not being able to move that turn.

Mega Stones are not affected by most moves or Abilities. If they would move a Mega Stone to or from a Pokémon that could use it to Mega Evolve, the moves Bestow, Covet, Fling, Thief, Trick, and Switcheroo will fail and the Abilities Magician, Pickpocket and Symbiosis will not activate. The move Knock Off cannot remove a Mega Stone from a Pokémon that can use it to Mega Evolve, and Knock Off's power will not be increased since it cannot remove the item. The moves Embargo and Magic Room and the Ability Klutz will not prevent a Pokémon from using its respective Mega Stone to Mega Evolve.

Changes in a Pokémon's Ability will take place immediately. A Sharpedo that normally has Speed Boost will not gain a boost in Speed at the end of the turn it Mega Evolves, but if it uses a biting move such as Crunch that turn, it will be boosted by Strong Jaw, its Ability as Mega Sharpedo.

In Generation VI, performing Mega Evolution will not alter the turn order. A Pokémon with a lower Speed than their opponent will still go after them on the one turn the Mega Evolution occurs, even if their Mega Evolution increases Speed and would otherwise cause them to go first. The opposite is also true for Pokémon who lose Speed from Mega Evolution, such as Garchomp. However, turn order will be determined normally on every turn afterwards.

Otherwise, stat changes and type changes due to Mega Evolution take effect immediately and damage calculation proceeds as usual. For example, a Pokémon whose Mega Evolution has a lower base Defense stat takes greater damage from physical moves on the turn it Mega Evolves. Likewise, the move Gyro Ball considers the Pokémon's Speed stat after Mega Evolution for damage calculation, not before.

Likewise, even if a Pokémon only has an Ability such as Prankster before Mega Evolution, appropriate moves will gain priority. If a Pokémon gains Prankster upon Mega Evolution, appropriate moves will not gain priority.

When the player Mega Evolves a Pokémon for the first time since the save file is accessed, a longer animation than usual will play, showing the player activating the Mega Evolution with his or her Mega Bracelet. On subsequent uses of Mega Evolution, a shorter animation will play, showing only the Pokémon as it Mega Evolves.

In Generation VII, a Pokémon's Speed after Mega Evolution is used to determine turn order, not its Speed before. Likewise, if a Pokémon only has an Ability such as Prankster before Mega Evolution, appropriate moves will not gain priority. If a Pokémon gains Prankster upon Mega Evolution, appropriate moves will gain priority.

Rayquaza cannot Mega Evolve if it holds a Z-Crystal.

Edited by Heart Star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

Hey, guys...is anyone gonna, I don't know, sign up? Please?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
2 hours ago, Heart Star said:

Hey, guys...is anyone gonna, I don't know, sign up? Please?

Name: Changeling Will Guide

Age: in Mid 20's

Hometown: Changeling Kingdom (now under Thorax's rule.

Species: Changeling

AppearanceWould you prefer his new form (picture is 90% what I envisoned)

ButterflyCWillGuide-flipped.thumb.png.76deff20902897797692e5782bf9edfa.png

 

Personality: Timid is the first thing that comes to mind. Since he's a Changeling, he would ordinarily prefer to change into a different form due to his shyness. On the other hand, he's highly curious and wants to explore the world

 

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Wholly Windcharger said:

Name: Changeling Will Guide

Age: in Mid 20's

Hometown: Changeling Kingdom (now under Thorax's rule.

Species: Changeling

AppearanceWould you prefer his new form (picture is 90% what I envisoned)

ButterflyCWillGuide-flipped.thumb.png.76deff20902897797692e5782bf9edfa.png

Or his old form?

38649333_ChangelingWillGuideFinalJPG.jpg.f79b0243422d0067f0916591f0e1fb43.jpg

Personality(Natures are called Personalities in Equestria, BTW): How do Natures work?

Just go with new form, because this takes place in present day. Natures are basically a Pokemon's personality. The kind of personality a Pokemon has determines which stats are higher and lower. For your sign-up, just choose one of these that best fits your character: 

Hardy

Lonely

Brave

Adamant

Naughty

Bold

Docile

Relaxed

Impish

Lax

Timid

Hasty

Serious

Jolly

Naive

Modest

Mild

Quiet

Bashful

Rash

Calm

Gentle

Sassy

Careful

Quirky

And then one of these quirks:

Loves to eat

Takes plenty of siestas

Nods off a lot

Scatters things often

Likes to relax

Proud of its power

Likes to thrash about

A little quick tempered

Likes to fight

Quick tempered

Sturdy body

Capable of taking hits

Highly persistent

Good endurance

Good perseverance

Highly curious

Mischievous

Thoroughly cunning

Often lost in thought

Very finicky

Strong willed

Somewhat vain

Strongly defiant

Hates to lose

Somewhat stubborn

Likes to run

Alert to sounds

Impetuous and silly

Somewhat of a clown

Quick to flee

And then a more detailed description of the character's personality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

This sounds really fun, but I am fairly new to roleplaying. How would this RP work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Heart Star said:

Just go with new form, because this takes place in present day. Natures are basically a Pokemon's personality. The kind of personality a Pokemon has determines which stats are higher and lower. For your sign-up, just choose one of these that best fits your character: 

Hardy

Lonely

Brave

Adamant

Naughty

Bold

Docile

Relaxed

Impish

Lax

Timid

Hasty

Serious

Jolly

Naive

Modest

Mild

Quiet

Bashful

Rash

Calm

Gentle

Sassy

Careful

Quirky

And then one of these quirks:

Loves to eat

Takes plenty of siestas

Nods off a lot

Scatters things often

Likes to relax

Proud of its power

Likes to thrash about

A little quick tempered

Likes to fight

Quick tempered

Sturdy body

Capable of taking hits

Highly persistent

Good endurance

Good perseverance

Highly curious

Mischievous

Thoroughly cunning

Often lost in thought

Very finicky

Strong willed

Somewhat vain

Strongly defiant

Hates to lose

Somewhat stubborn

Likes to run

Alert to sounds

Impetuous and silly

Somewhat of a clown

Quick to flee

And then a more detailed description of the character's personality.

Aren't Timid and Bashful the same thing?

Timid is the first thing that comes to mind. Since he's a Changeling, he would ordinarily prefer to change into a different form due to his shyness. On the other hand, he's highly curious and wants to explore the world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

Aren't Timid and Bashful the same thing?

Timid is the first thing that comes to mind. Since he's a Changeling, he would ordinarily prefer to change into a different form due to his shyness. On the other hand, he's highly curious and wants to explore the world.

Bashful is a neutral nature, and Timid is +Speed - Attack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
37 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

Bashful is a neutral nature, and Timid is +Speed - Attack

like I said, I have no idea how each of them are supposed to be different, gameplay-wise

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

like I said, I have no idea how each of them are supposed to be different, gameplay-wise

In terms of ponies/other non-Pokémon characters, the nature part of the application is just to get an idea of who the character is...unless you want to apply preferred flavors. Timid Pokémon prefer sweet foods, but dislike spicy foods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

(edited)
Just now, Heart Star said:

In terms of ponies/other non-Pokémon characters, the nature part of the application is just to get an idea of who the character is...unless you want to apply preferred flavors. Timid Pokémon prefer sweet foods, but dislike spicy foods.

But Timid is my Trainer not my Pokemon, right? Will loves sweets, hates spicy.

Edited by Wholly Windcharger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
1 minute ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

But Timid is my Trainer not my Pokemon, right? Will loves sweets, hates spicy.

Yes. It's just if you want the trainer to prefer sweets over spicy foods, you can, but don't have to.

Edited by Heart Star

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

12 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

Yes. It's just if you want the trainer to prefer sweets over spicy foods, you can, but don't have to.

I updated my profile template for Trainer C. Will Guide

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...Anyone else want to sign up?

18 hours ago, Totally Nye said:

This sounds really fun, but I am fairly new to roleplaying. How would this RP work?

Have you played Pokémon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

2 hours ago, Heart Star said:

...Anyone else want to sign up?

Have you played Pokémon?

I’ve played Pokémon Showdown, and Pokémon cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Totally Nye said:

I’ve played Pokémon Showdown, and Pokémon cards.

If that's it, that will be a slight issue. This focuses more on the stories from the anime and the mechanics of the games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

1 minute ago, Heart Star said:

If that's it, that will be a slight issue. This focuses more on the stories from the anime and the mechanics of the games.

Oh, well I don’t want to cause any problems, so I guess I’ll play a Pokémon game before I do something like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.