Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching My Little Pokémon

Heart Star

1 minute ago, Totally Nye said:

Oh, well I don’t want to cause any problems, so I guess I’ll play a Pokémon game before I do something like this.

It's ok. I can teach you some basic thing. The basics are really all you need to know.

17 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

It's ok. I can teach you some basic thing. The basics are really all you need to know.

I don’t know, the game’s mechanics have always confused me. Especially Sun and Moon and later.

43 minutes ago, Totally Nye said:

I don’t know, the game’s mechanics have always confused me. Especially Sun and Moon and later.

I'll try to explian it in the simplest way possible. Basically, Pokémon have different moves, each with a different typing. Each Pokémon has a typing of their own, so the moves you use on a Pokémon, as well as its/your Pokémon's level, determine how much damage is done to the Pokémon. If a move is the same type as a Pokémon it does more damage.

You're able to capture Pokémon using things called Pokéballs. You can only catch wild Pokémon, not ones owned by others. It's eaiser to catch a Pokémon the more damage that is done and if a status condition is inflicted.

Speaking of which, some moves inflict some status conditions. Here's the list:

Paralyzed

A paralyzed Pokémon has a 25% chance of not being able to attack every turn and their Speed is decreased by 50%. The status remains after battle like other major status ailments. Paralysis can be cured with a Parlyz Heal, a Cheri Berry, or a Lum Berry. Electric type Pokémon cannot be paralyzed, nor can Pokémon that have the ability Limber or those behind a Substitute.

Poisoned

A poisoned Pokémon loses a set amount of HP every turn. If the effect remains after the battle, the Pokémon will lose HP as the Trainer walks (1 HP of damage for every 4 steps), but after Pokémon Black and White there is no longer this effect. It can be cured with an Antidote, a PSNCureBerry, a Pecha Berry, or a Lum Berry. Poison and Steeltype Pokémon cannot be poisoned, nor can Pokémon that have the ability Immunity or this behind a Substitute.

Badly Poisoned

A badly poisoned Pokémon is damaged every turn, but this damage increases over time. The first turn, the poisoned Pokémon takes 1/16 of the maximum HP in damage. That damage increases by an additional 1/16 of the max HP each turn. After a battle is over, the poisoned Pokémon will take damage (just like regular Poisoning). It can be cured with an Antidote, a PSNCureBerry, or a Pecha Berry. Poison and Steel type Pokémon cannot be poisoned, nor can Pokémon that have the ability Immunity or those behind a Substitute.

Burned

Burned Pokémon loose 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn in addition having their Attack stat reduced by 50%.  Burned Pokémon can be healed with Burn Heal, an Ice Berry, a Kuo Berry, or a Rawst Berry. Firetype Pokémon cannot be burned, nor can Pokémon with the ability Water Veil or those behind a Substitute.

Frozen

A frozen Pokémon cannot attack, but it can thaw out in a few turns. Fire type attacks can thaw out a frozen Pokémon more easily. Moves such as Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz and Sacred Fire can be used even if the user is frozen; these moves will thaw out the user. Ice type Pokémon cannot be frozen, and neither can Pokémon with the ability Magma Armor. A frozen Pokémon can be healed with Ice Heal, a Burnt Berry, or an Aspear Berry.

Flinch

A condition where the affected Pokémon is unable to use moves or attack during the turn it is affected. Usually occurs as a possible secondary effect (for moves like Bite). There is no cure other than waiting for the next turn. It will not affect a Pokémon with the ability Inner Focus. The item King's Rock occasionally causes an opponent to flinch when the Pokémon holding it uses an attack move.

Confused

Once confused, a Pokémon will remain so for 1 to 4 turns, and during those turns have a 50% chance of damaging themselves and being unable to perform any other action for that turn. This status effect can be used even if the Pokémon is inflicted with another status condition, like Paralysis or Burn. Confusion can be healed by switching out the confused Pokémon. It can also be cured by using a Persim Berry, a Bitter Berry, a Full Heal, or the Yellow Flute. Pokémon with the ability Own Tempo cannot be confused.

Infatuation

The Pokémon becomes infatuated with the opponent (who must be of an opposing gender) and is under a condition similar to confusion. It can be cured with a Mental Herb or a Red Flute. Pokémon with the ability Oblivious cannot become infatuated. There are two causes of infatuation: Attract and the ability Cute Charm.

Leech Seed(This is an actual move.)

The Pokémon loses 1/16th of his/her HP each turn, and the opponent gains what was lost, essentially having the same affect as a weaker, but continuous, Absorb. Some Grass type Pokémon cannot be re-seeded. Once Seeded, switching, fainting, using such moves as Rapid Spin will remove this.

Pokémon can not just learn any move, but when they do, it can be either through HM/TMs, Breeding, or simply leveling up. Pokémon can evolve and become stronger. Typically, if a Pokémon can evolve, they can only evolve once or twice. Some evolutions branch out and can become one of multiple, usually only two, different Pokémon.

In the Alola region and in this RP's version of Equestria, completing special challenges, called Trials in Alola and Gyms anywhere else including RP's version of Equestria, grants a trainer a special item called a Z-Crystal. This lets a Pokémon use a very special, very powerful move once per battle.

Spoiler
24 minutes ago, Heart Star said:

I'll try to explian it in the simplest way possible. Basically, Pokémon have different moves, each with a different typing. Each Pokémon has a typing of their own, so the moves you use on a Pokémon, as well as its/your Pokémon's level, determine how much damage is done to the Pokémon. If a move is the same type as a Pokémon it does more damage.

You're able to capture Pokémon using things called Pokéballs. You can only catch wild Pokémon, not ones owned by others. It's eaiser to catch a Pokémon the more damage that is done and if a status condition is inflicted.

Speaking of which, some moves inflict some status conditions. Here's the list:

Paralyzed

A paralyzed Pokémon has a 25% chance of not being able to attack every turn and their Speed is decreased by 50%. The status remains after battle like other major status ailments. Paralysis can be cured with a Parlyz Heal, a Cheri Berry, or a Lum Berry. Electric type Pokémon cannot be paralyzed, nor can Pokémon that have the ability Limber or those behind a Substitute.

Poisoned

A poisoned Pokémon loses a set amount of HP every turn. If the effect remains after the battle, the Pokémon will lose HP as the Trainer walks (1 HP of damage for every 4 steps), but after Pokémon Black and White there is no longer this effect. It can be cured with an Antidote, a PSNCureBerry, a Pecha Berry, or a Lum Berry. Poison and Steeltype Pokémon cannot be poisoned, nor can Pokémon that have the ability Immunity or this behind a Substitute.

Badly Poisoned

A badly poisoned Pokémon is damaged every turn, but this damage increases over time. The first turn, the poisoned Pokémon takes 1/16 of the maximum HP in damage. That damage increases by an additional 1/16 of the max HP each turn. After a battle is over, the poisoned Pokémon will take damage (just like regular Poisoning). It can be cured with an Antidote, a PSNCureBerry, or a Pecha Berry. Poison and Steel type Pokémon cannot be poisoned, nor can Pokémon that have the ability Immunity or those behind a Substitute.

Burned

Burned Pokémon loose 1/8 of their maximum HP at the end of each turn in addition having their Attack stat reduced by 50%.  Burned Pokémon can be healed with Burn Heal, an Ice Berry, a Kuo Berry, or a Rawst Berry. Firetype Pokémon cannot be burned, nor can Pokémon with the ability Water Veil or those behind a Substitute.

Frozen

A frozen Pokémon cannot attack, but it can thaw out in a few turns. Fire type attacks can thaw out a frozen Pokémon more easily. Moves such as Flame Wheel, Flare Blitz and Sacred Fire can be used even if the user is frozen; these moves will thaw out the user. Ice type Pokémon cannot be frozen, and neither can Pokémon with the ability Magma Armor. A frozen Pokémon can be healed with Ice Heal, a Burnt Berry, or an Aspear Berry.

Flinch

A condition where the affected Pokémon is unable to use moves or attack during the turn it is affected. Usually occurs as a possible secondary effect (for moves like Bite). There is no cure other than waiting for the next turn. It will not affect a Pokémon with the ability Inner Focus. The item King's Rock occasionally causes an opponent to flinch when the Pokémon holding it uses an attack move.

Confused

Once confused, a Pokémon will remain so for 1 to 4 turns, and during those turns have a 50% chance of damaging themselves and being unable to perform any other action for that turn. This status effect can be used even if the Pokémon is inflicted with another status condition, like Paralysis or Burn. Confusion can be healed by switching out the confused Pokémon. It can also be cured by using a Persim Berry, a Bitter Berry, a Full Heal, or the Yellow Flute. Pokémon with the ability Own Tempo cannot be confused.

Infatuation

The Pokémon becomes infatuated with the opponent (who must be of an opposing gender) and is under a condition similar to confusion. It can be cured with a Mental Herb or a Red Flute. Pokémon with the ability Oblivious cannot become infatuated. There are two causes of infatuation: Attract and the ability Cute Charm.

Leech Seed(This is an actual move.)

The Pokémon loses 1/16th of his/her HP each turn, and the opponent gains what was lost, essentially having the same affect as a weaker, but continuous, Absorb. Some Grass type Pokémon cannot be re-seeded. Once Seeded, switching, fainting, using such moves as Rapid Spin will remove this.

Pokémon can not just learn any move, but when they do, it can be either through HM/TMs, Breeding, or simply leveling up. Pokémon can evolve and become stronger. Typically, if a Pokémon can evolve, they can only evolve once or twice. Some evolutions branch out and can become one of multiple, usually only two, different Pokémon.

In the Alola region and in this RP's version of Equestria, completing special challenges, called Trials in Alola and Gyms anywhere else including RP's version of Equestria, grants a trainer a special item called a Z-Crystal. This lets a Pokémon use a very special, very powerful move once per battle.

Besides story stuff, and Z-moves, I’ve known all that stuff from Showdown, but that makes things sound simpler. Will we be using the exact equations of levels, and respective attributes such as S. Atk, Atk, S. Def, Def, Etc?

Just now, Heart Star said:

It won't be too complicated. Think of it like the anime. Those things are not brought up unless a Pokémon is evolving, and even then, levels aren't mentioned.

Have you seen my updated post?

23 hours ago, Wholly Windcharger said:

Name: Changeling Will Guide

Hometown: Changeling Kingdom (now under Thorax's rule.

Species: Changeling

AppearanceWould you prefer his new form (picture is 90% what I envisoned)

ButterflyCWillGuide-flipped.thumb.png.76deff20902897797692e5782bf9edfa.png

Personality: Timid is the first thing that comes to mind. Since he's a Changeling, he would ordinarily prefer to change into a different form due to his shyness. On the other hand, he's highly curious and wants to explore the world

I meant this. ^^^

@Heart Star

Just now, Wholly Windcharger said:

Profile means clicking on my screenname

So am I in the game or not?

Yes. You're good...when I get the RP up...but I won't do that until I get at least two more.

So, @Totally Nye, are you going to sign up?

1 hour ago, Heart Star said:

Yes. You're good...when I get the RP up...but I won't do that until I get at least two more.

So, @Totally Nye, are you going to sign up?

I’ll have to think more on it.

16 hours ago, SincereSpark said:

I love this RP idea, this would be my first RP though if that's okay.

Name: Turnaround

Hometown: Ponyville

Species: Pony

Race: Unicorn

Personality: Naive, he likes to see the best in people and completely ignores their downfalls. I feel 'capable of taking hits' fits his personality quite well, metaphorically speaking.

Cutiemark: An even scale, representing his ability to turn a situation around and make it fair on a disadvantaged person. He earned the cutie mark when standing up for his friend, Inky Paper, when they were being bullied.

By Susu.png

By MishaCupcake.png

You're approved. I think he'll be interesting. I just need one more person and the RP can start...on a different forum, of course.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 months later...

Woof, all the way from July, huh? What's this about doing it on another forum? You can't do it here?

I've been at Pokemon ever since the first games came out! Hay, got me a Trainer OC and quite a few Pokemon OCs at that! Can even think of a way to get my human OC into Equestria for this, with a little budging provided, but...

Well, you're enviously well versed in pokemon minutia, @Heart Star! I'm just quite confused as to what we'll actually be doing.

Been looking for an excuse to get back into rping around here (and I got a computor back these past several months!...technically.) So I'm well interested in both halves you're putting together here, but what's the structure & plan here?

We meet up & all interact with each other in town first? Then go out on our own to catch our chosen pokemon by just saying they happen to be in the area? It has always struck me that being a Trainer was a lonely profession as most of it was hunting out on your own. Each player would be effectively role playing their pokemon as well, right? How would interaction work if we had to go off on our own respectively to get our own pokemon? We could say that the mankey has presented itself before us in a group... but then that also gives every other rper a chance to catch the mankey we said we wanted. Doesn't finding your own Pokemon necessitate time away from rping with every other player?

In short, do we come with our teams already put together, or would we each just come up with encounters for the lot of us? (Misty & Brock did come with part of a team already in the show)

Wouldn't gym leaders, a league & such require entirely separate roleplayers as well?

Do worry that this could devolve to three or five players all trying to tell separate stories & guide everypony else.

10 hours ago, Widdershins said:

Woof, all the way from July, huh? What's this about doing it on another forum? You can't do it here?

I've been at Pokemon ever since the first games came out! Hay, got me a Trainer OC and quite a few Pokemon OCs at that! Can even think of a way to get my human OC into Equestria for this, with a little budging provided, but...

Well, you're enviously well versed in pokemon minutia, @Heart Star! I'm just quite confused as to what we'll actually be doing.

Been looking for an excuse to get back into rping around here (and I got a computor back these past several months!...technically.) So I'm well interested in both halves you're putting together here, but what's the structure & plan here?

We meet up & all interact with each other in town first? Then go out on our own to catch our chosen pokemon by just saying they happen to be in the area? It has always struck me that being a Trainer was a lonely profession as most of it was hunting out on your own. Each player would be effectively role playing their pokemon as well, right? How would interaction work if we had to go off on our own respectively to get our own pokemon? We could say that the mankey has presented itself before us in a group... but then that also gives every other rper a chance to catch the mankey we said we wanted. Doesn't finding your own Pokemon necessitate time away from rping with every other player?

In short, do we come with our teams already put together, or would we each just come up with encounters for the lot of us? (Misty & Brock did come with part of a team already in the show)

Wouldn't gym leaders, a league & such require entirely separate roleplayers as well?

Do worry that this could devolve to three or five players all trying to tell separate stories & guide everypony else.

You do make a point...maybe I should have really thought about it first

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
(edited)

Is this still gonna be a thing? Because I wanna toss in my hat into the pot. Note: the parts in parenthesis is his actual information, the ones provided is his apparent information in relation to the standards of Equestria, which his kingdom/land is allied with

Name: Kronos

“Hometown”: Ponyville (actually from Ragnarok, but Ponyville is his current forward operations base)

Species: “Pony” (Rokian)

Race: “Earth pony” (actually classified as a Rokian Reaver, which is basically the elite class of soldier in his hometown)

Personality: Adamant. Likes, no, LOVES to fight. Kronos was born a warrior in a tribe of warrior ponies that seceded from Equestria for their overly violent tendencies, but are still viable allies with Equestria, nevertheless. Very aggressive, but also compassionate and protective. 

“Cutie Mark”: A black circle with three thick red lines making three equivalent wedges in the circle. No matter how many times Kronos explains it, no pony in Equestria understands that it’s a family clan emblem that everyone gets branded into them when they come of age rather than a cutie mark.

What does it mean?: The red lines represent restraint and valor while the black wedges represent three core values of the Krystiallton family: Honor, Courage, and Fortitude

C6DE51E9-A315-41C7-A435-011047CACD33.thumb.jpeg.8778dfac3fba506326ef901e6bdd359b.jpeg

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 1