Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New in Art

FARG2003

(edited)

Hi everyone! I love drawing, and I been doing it for real like a month ago or so, and I want to know how is my orogression and what do you think about my art!

Please say what do you like most and what I can fix

The OC's are Smart Line (the brown unicorn), my Ponysona, Thunder Head (the yellow pegasus), a friend's ponysona that I help to create, and Indigo Wood (the deer), my main OC

I hope you like my art, thanks for reading!

Smart Line 2.0.png

Thunder Head.png

Indigo Wood.png

Edited by FARG2003
  • Brohoof 5

19 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

New in art? A month? Your art is really good as for such a short period of time. :o Keep it up! :yay:

Thanks! I have been drawing for more than that, but this month is when I started to taking it seriously, using and learning new techniques and styles c:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, FARG2003 said:

Thanks! I have been drawing for more than that, but this month is when I started to taking it seriously, using and learning new techniques and styles c:

Then you're doing great so far. :) 

Eh, I also should take a serious approach at art someday... though... so many things to try, it's hard to be good at everything, heh. :please:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 1

I really like your style! :ooh: It's unique and you nailed the proportions, well done!

I don't have any suggestion on how you should improve your art, but it would be really interesting to see you trying different styles. I'm succer for traditional art, do you have any hand drawn scetches?

4 minutes ago, Divine plywood said:

I really like your style! :ooh: It's unique and you nailed the proportions, well done!

I don't have any suggestion on how you should improve your art, but it would be really interesting to see you trying different styles. I'm succer for traditional art, do you have any hand drawn scetches?

Thanks! All of my drawings start as a traditional bocet, and later on I digitalize them, now I don't have any pictures, but I will post some of them later c:

Just now, Divine plywood said:

That leads to my next question: what software do you use to digitalize your drawings?

I take a photo of the sketch, and later on I draw it in paint.net, with a 14 thick line

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
27 minutes ago, emma_22 said:

you have absolutely a great drawing style.and how do you draw so well on a computer?

Well, I do all with mouse and lines, first I always use semitransparent lines with vibrant colors, and make them cross, then I delete the excedent, later when I have all lines finished, I make the inside, and at the end I put the colors

semitutorial.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

That's and old drawing someone give to me, here is the original one, and the digitalization I made:

Draw by Lindsey Baumann.jpg

Smart Line 2nd version.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Things like magic, semitransparent objects, eyes, shadows and gradients are more complex stuff, the lines it's just the basic

Edited by FARG2003

(edited)

Thank you for telling me, but these are very complicated and I do not think I can do it  :Şaşkın:but at least I can draw on paper.

Edited by emma_22
  • Brohoof 1

That's amazing and your drawings really have smart lines. :twi:

It's multiple times better than mine and you started only a month ago. :wau:

You're really good at this! :fluttershy:

Spoiler

I better look away now before I feel bad for myself. :yeahno:

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, emma_22 said:

Thank you for telling me, but these are very complicated and I do not think I can do it  :Şaşkın:but at least I can draw on paper.

Looks hard, but it isn't so much, and it's very fun, and good that you can draw traditionally :0

6 hours ago, Kevin Tang said:

That's amazing and your drawings really have smart lines. :twi:

It's multiple times better than mine and you started only a month ago. :wau:

You're really good at this! :fluttershy:

Reveal hidden contents

I better look away now before I feel bad for myself. :yeahno:

That's exactly why I named my ponysona like that! And if I'm not wrong, the style and type of drawing is really uncommon, at the time I never seen anyone using this

5 hours ago, Divine plywood said:

Wow, I have to try this out sometime.

I'm far too lazy to learn using digital drawing tools correctly, so this is perfect way for me to cut some corners :P

Yesss, I love type of drawing because of the corners, they look so pointy, it's awesome

1 hour ago, sprinkle nostrils said:

Yo, @FARG2003! I like your artz ^-^ Welcome to the world of visual magic!

Thank you ^^

(edited)
36 minutes ago, FARG2003 said:

Yesss, I love type of drawing because of the corners, they look so pointy, it's awesome

:D Not quite what I meant when I said "cut corners" (fig. =to skip certain steps in order to do something more easily and faster, using shortcuts), but your pointy style is indeed awesome ^_^

Edited by Divine plywood
  • Brohoof 1