Banner by ~ SFyr

Music Songs Other People Wouldn't Guess You'd Like

We all have those songs that other people would never guess you'd listen to. Share those songs here! :D

This is one song that I'm sure 95% of people would be surprised that I listen to. Hell, it's honestly one of my favorite songs. 

• Brohoof 1

Someone probably wouldn't guess this one from me since I like metal and the such. Don't remember where I first heard this song but it's still amazing nonetheless!

• Brohoof 2

Well, let me put it to you like this: I'm the kind of person who can listen to this:

Spoiler

And then listen to this immediately afterward.

Spoiler

My tastes are pretty varied when it comes to music, so I manage to catch pretty much everyone off guard. :D

I've always made it clear that I'm not big on 80s music, especially ones more on the electronic side. So it'd probably be shocking that there are a couple of electronic 80s songs that for some reason I like and have liked for years (most of them like A-ha's Take On Me were catchy at first but lose that luster really quickly).

I don't understand WHY it is I like these particular songs which carry many traits I dislike in pretty much anything else.

• Smile 1

I listen to an oddly diverse range of music, from rap to vaporwave chill-hop to classic rock to soul to swing to millions of others, so I surprise people with just about everything that I listen to. As I'm a blonde white girl, at first glance people would probably assume that I'm not too deep into music, even though the exact opposite is true. If anything, people would assume that I'm just into whatever the radio's playing, but little did they know...

Spoiler

I mostly listen to alternative rock from the past few decades, albeit a wide range from more pop-oriented rock to somewhat heavier stuff.

So naturally, people would be shocked to know that I love songs like this:

And this:

And this:

MlP and Disney songs. Which people wouldn't expect the kind of guy like me to listen to these songs.

Dimmu Borgir,people around me,seeing how quiet i am,asume i'd only listen to quiet music too,and i do love me some ballads but also some death and black metal from time to time
and then there's Babymetal.which i couldn't guess i'd like it myself before randomly bumping on one

Edited by Lord Valtasar

When people ride with me I only really play Punk Rock, or EDM. When alone I also play Japanese EDM, Japanese rock, various Brony songs, 80s music, or sometimes just a song with nice piano. Though mostly Japanese songs, I may have no idea what they're saying, but man they do music much better than us.

• 2 years later...

I love Aqua. Have all their albums.

Also Toy-Box’s song Best Friend is pretty cringey but I love that song for some reason. The video though....

It sounds terrible but somehow it’s also catchy. I hate that I like it lol.

This would go more for people in my rl than online. Pretty sure most people irl think I only listen to rock and metal, so knowing I love Britney Spears and Ariana Grande would shock them lol.

• Brohoof 1

Badges