Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trixie was vastly mistreated, the writers have no respect for her

Torques

7 minutes ago, RareGems said:

Torques approaches it from an emotional angle, you approach it from a legalistic aspect. You two won't come to an agreement anytime soon.
Actually we don't know anything about the society of ponies because there was no world building on it. :maud: It's really just are fan theories at this point.

I admitted my bais on bullies in my first post. I am just using the law to back up my argument. Had Trixie learned anything in her second episode or reformed by the time I gave myself a spoiler on her reasons for making a friend I might feel differently. Sure we do not know the laws of the Equestrian world but as we see people like Discord, Nightmare Moon, King Sombra, etc get locked up for similar actions ( though more extreme forms ) we can reasonably argue that they have similar laws on assault or taking hostages or enslaving ponies. 

7 minutes ago, Senko said:

I would also like to point out with regards to nightmare night Dash was scaring ponies with a thunderclap on a night dedicated to being scared in good fun. Its why Pinkie was running around screaming nightmare moon was going to eat her even though she is (a) almost the same size and (b) know's Luna is reformed and not nightmare moon. She just enjoyed being scared which is not the same as hitting somone with a lightning bolt which is what Trixie did after burrying Dash in the ground and possibly injuring her.

This one million times THIS. Thanks as that sums up that argument nicely for me. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Senko said:

I would also like to point out with regards to nightmare night Dash was scaring ponies with a thunderclap on a night dedicated to being scared in good fun. Its why Pinkie was running around screaming nightmare moon was going to eat her even though she is (a) almost the same size and (b) know's Luna is reformed and not nightmare moon. She just enjoyed being scared which is not the same as hitting somone with a lightning bolt which is what Trixie did after burrying Dash in the ground and possibly injuring her.

Of course I think I'm on ignore as none of my posts seem to have gotten a response still the point remains different circumstances.

if you compare it with all the things that seem to happen i think a thunderclap isn't really such a big deal,and equestria is a pretty forgiving place in general,even its greatest enemies are just banished and then given second chances(luna/discord/changelings etc)and in that same episode,snip and snail,get rewarded(with a mustache) while Trixie is blamed and shuned for a crime they commited

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

if you compare it with all the things that seem to happen i think a thunderclap isn't really such a big deal,and equestria is a pretty forgiving place in general,even its greatest enemies are just banished and then given second chances(luna/discord/changelings etc)and in that same episode,snip and snail,get rewarded(with a mustache) while Trixie is blamed and shuned for a crime they commited

Luna was terribly sorry and learned her lessons. She was so sorry she created a nightmare to punish herself over and over again for it.( I really have to stop reading MLP wiki stupid spoilers ) Snips and Snails were stupid but not malicious and they were sorry for it. Discord seems to try to reform from what little I know ahead but I agree he deserved worse but at least he got punished for how long? Trixie did not get punished other than being shunned for her bad behavior. Which is nowhere near as bad as stone prisons or banishment to the moon. Plus she refused to learn her lesson for at least 6 seasons worth of time. Which is why I am far harsher about her. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

Luna was terribly sorry and learned her lessons. She was so sorry she created a nightmare to punish herself over and over again for it.( I really have to stop reading MLP wiki stupid spoilers ) Snips and Snails were stupid but not malicious and they were sorry for it. Discord seems to try to reform from what little I know ahead but I agree he deserved worse but at least he got punished for how long? Trixie did not get punished other than being shunned for her bad behavior. Which is nowhere near as bad as stone prisons or banishment to the moon. Plus she refused to learn her lesson for at least 6 seasons worth of time. Which is why I am far harsher about her. 

1,000+ years I'd say given Luna was banished to the moon for that time period and both sisters were involed in defeating him. As Spike say's "All these stories happened 1,000 years ago it must have been quite a year." Also Jedishy what have you watched season wise so I can try to avoid spoilers please. As for Trixie I think she actually starts her reformation in her second appearance its after that she's shown as having a successful show and relations with the police in the comics + when she reappears in season 6 its on her apology tour.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Trixie did not get punished other than being shunned for her bad behavior.

Trixie lost everything, was humiliated at a scale we would never have to face, lived for years with that while trying to reboot her career, proving she isn't revenge obsessed bully. Her magical purpose was laughed at. I'm pretty sure Trixie did get punished hard, while others like Glimmer do far worse and are immediately forgiven.

What lesson does she need to learn at this point, how much do they need to flanderize and ignore the little good she had, how stupid do they need to make her so they can have specialmuffin starlight come in and fix everything before people here start getting mad.

Edited by Torques
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

well her "crimes" were hardly of the discord/luna scale,so of course she wasn't bannished for 1000 years,what i'm trying to say is not that snips and snails should have been punished,but that trixie shouldn't have been shunned for something they did either

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 2

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

well her "crimes" were hardly of the discord/luna scale,so of course she wasn't bannished for 1000 years,what i'm trying to say is not that snips and snails should have been punished,but that trixie shouldn't have been shunned for something they did either

We don't actually know that she was. Her story arc is basically . . .

Series

Spoiler

Show up, have confrontation, run away after Twilight subdues the Ursa.

Show up use amulet to rule pony ville apologise.

Show up on apology tour, deal with suspicious Twlight and make friends.

If you add in the comics then roughly between appearance 2 and 3 we see

Spoiler

Have very successful show in Manehattan, make friends with Babs as a "former villain" and help police catch a master thief.

So pretty much from when she admited her mistakes she started getting a better deal. I mean Starlight is

Spoiler

teaching her INSIDE the castle of friendship.

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Senko said:

1,000+ years I'd say given Luna was banished to the moon for that time period and both sisters were involed in defeating him. As Spike say's "All these stories happened 1,000 years ago it must have been quite a year." Also Jedishy what have you watched season wise so I can try to avoid spoilers please. As for Trixie I think she actually starts her reformation in her second appearance its after that she's shown as having a successful show and relations with the police in the comics + when she reappears in season 6 its on her apology tour.

i haven't read the comics,but she did actively tried to make up for it in the show too,when she added the fireworks in twilight's show,most of the other reformed characters didn't try to(except thorax but he wasn't really ever a vilain),they were driven to reform by the main cast
both luna and discord went out of control even after their 1000 year banishment,they had to use the elements on them

• Brohoof 1

i haven't read the comics,but she did actively tried to make up for it in the show too,when she added the fireworks in twilight's show,most of the other reformed characters didn't try to(except thorax but he wasn't really ever a vilain),they were driven to reform by the main cast
both luna and discord went out of control even after their 1000 year banishment,they had to use the elements on them

Pretty much honestly I don't think anyone outside of Ponyville even knew of the incidents there, its a small town afterall.

Spoiler

She's basically the same as Flim and Flam in that she did some things in one small town, got viewed with suspicion in the future by those townsfolk with justification but unlike Flim and Flam she learnt from her mistakes and is currently living quite happily in ponyville with several friends.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Senko said:

We don't actually know that she was. Her story arc is basically . . .

Series

Hide contents

Show up, have confrontation, run away after Twilight subdues the Ursa.

Show up use amulet to rule pony ville apologise.

Show up on apology tour, deal with suspicious Twlight and make friends.

we do actually know,in her second appearence she said she couldn't make a show after what had happened,everyone shunned her and laughed at her due to the ursa incident

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Senko said:

Also Jedishy what have you watched season wise so I can try to avoid spoilers please. As for Trixie I think she actually starts her reformation in her second appearance its after that she's shown as having a successful show and relations with the police in the comics + when she reappears in season 6 its on her apology tour.

I have gotten to the end of season 4 but then got busy with law classes so I lost the plot for several months and thus restarted so I restarted and am back in season 3. But from what I read as a spoiler eh not much of an apology tour if you make a friend for vengeance reasons 

1 minute ago, Torques said:

Trixie lost everything, was humiliated at a scale we would never have to face, lived for years with that while trying to reboot her career, proving she isn't revenge obsessed bully. Her magical purpose was laughed at. I'm pretty sure Trixie did get punished hard, while others like Glimmer do far worse and are immediately forgiven.

She was shunned for being a braggart that attacks her hecklers? Pretty sure that she would not be the first performer to lose her job and income for being a fool on stage. 

Yet again can't comment on Glimmer as I literally know NOTHING about her. But I will say that if she is as bad as she is made out to be, then sure lock her up too. It won't make me feel any more kindly for Trixie 

4 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

Her behavior towards the audience was enough to lose her the ability to perform. If her bragging all the time did not kill her career, attacking hecklers would. And if somehow neither of those killed her act then her being found out to be a liar for sure would. So I do not think its the acts of Snips and Snails but the previous three things combined. 

Honestly... Trixie is an overrated character. She sucks and has few redeeming qualities in my book. Even when she makes friends she's still annoying as hell and brags up a storm and treats them fairly rotten most of the time. Like her friend Starlight, she regularly insults her mentor and reminds Starlight how much she doesn't like her. Her "talent" is stage magic and she's shown to not even be very good at it. Hell Sunburst comes in and shows her up.

In short, Trixie is a character the fandom just need to let go of and move on.

3 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

we do actually know,in her second appearence she said she couldn't make a show after what had happened,everyone shunned her and laughed at her due to the ursa incident

Ah yes I'd forgotten that your right. Still that does play back into the whole when she apologises and reforms things start getting better angle and that humiliation everywhere seemed to involve a lot of pony ville ponies :) I suspect though it was just used to justify her returning for revenge. She certainly gets her hooves under her between her second and third apperances anyway.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

snip

This isn't the thread to just come here and shit on Trixie without reading or addressing anything I wrote down, go away.

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

Her behavior towards the audience was enough to lose her the ability to perform. If her bragging all the time did not kill her career, attacking hecklers would. And if somehow neither of those killed her act then her being found out to be a liar for sure would. So I do not think its the acts of Snips and Snails but the previous three things combined. 

even if the ursa inscident isn't the real reason her shows failed,she does think it is,and thats what makes her act this way,and instead of repeating my earlier post let me just quote it,

1 hour ago, Lord Valtasar said:

I don't defend Trixie as a person,i defend her as a character with believable personality and actual motives(which is kinda rare to see in cartoons lately)

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Torques said:

This isn't the thread to just come here and shit on Trixie without reading or addressing anything I wrote down, go away.

Doesn't work that way, you post a thread people get to respond. You don't get to dictate how they respond.

That being said I am responding to how you are upset over a character that really clearly didn't have a chance to be good in the first place. Furthermore we know the next season is the last one, what point is there to complaining about a character's writing NOW? We know they are not going to fix it in 1.5 seasons before the show is over.

4 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Honestly... Trixie is an overrated character. She sucks and has few redeeming qualities in my book. Even when she makes friends she's still annoying as hell and brags up a storm and treats them fairly rotten most of the time. Like her friend Starlight, she regularly insults her mentor and reminds Starlight how much she doesn't like her. Her "talent" is stage magic and she's shown to not even be very good at it. Hell Sunburst comes in and shows her up.

Well, she is the fandom's darling. That is why she was put back into the show in the first place. ^_^

1 minute ago, Lord Valtasar said:

even if the ursa inscident isn't the real reason her shows failed,she does think it is,and thats what makes her act this way,and instead of repeating my earlier post let me just quote it,

I actually like her character as well I find her relatable.

Yes but that makes me like her even less as a character or person. She not only is a bully but she blames everyone but herself for her fate. I hate bullies that play the victim be it IRL or as characters. Which so while they are believable if I do not like the train in a person I'm even less inclined to like it exaggerated as a character on a show. Which is why the show is great. There are characters that we can hate or love or bicker about shades of grey. Also thanks for the great discourse thus far. Its really helping me see new aspects to the characters. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Doesn't work that way, you post a thread people get to respond. You don't get to dictate how they respond.

That being said I am responding to how you are upset over a character that really clearly didn't have a chance to be good in the first place. Furthermore we know the next season is the last one, what point is there to complaining about a character's writing NOW? We know they are not going to fix it in 1.5 seasons before the show is over.

I'm telling you you're annoying, your input about Trixie is shallow, and you didn't address anything I said.

Edited by Torques

6 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

i think thats exactly the point of Trixie,she sucks even at what her talent is supposed to be,but she won't just accept it,so she uses bragging and boasting as a means of getting attention and as the saying goes,fake it till you make it,so maybe she believes that by acting like she's great and powerful she'll eventually actualy become great and powerful

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 minute ago, Lord Valtasar said:

i think thats exactly the point of Trixie,she sucks even at what her talent is supposed to be,but she won't just accept it,so she uses bragging and boasting as a means of getting attention and as the saying goes,fake it till you make it,so maybe she believes that by acting like she's great and powerful she'll eventually actualy become great and powerful

Jesus Christ. Stop.

Edited by Torques

Just now, RareGems said:

There were leaks, a few months ago.

Blast it. I tried to google that info but nothing came up. I wanted it to go to season 10 or more but meh I guess all good things and what not.....