Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trixie was vastly mistreated, the writers have no respect for her

Torques

Its not ignored I provided counterpo

1 minute ago, Torques said:

See every time I provide examples of Trixie doing real magic tricks, every time I point out Twilight and Starlight's absurd talent and fortune, its ignored. Twilight shouldn't have the magic of a thousand little ponies, and Trixie deserved better than to have her magical purpose ripped away and laughed at.

Every time I point out the blatant double standards and mistreatment, the vast unfairness of it all, its ignored.

Its not ignored see my first post where I provide counterpoints for those arguments.

(edited)
Just now, Senko said:

Its not ignored see my first post where I provide counterpoints for those arguments.

She was belittled in that episode for not having real magic and only illusions and stage effects.

Edited by Torques

Just now, Torques said:

She was belittled in that episode for not having real magic and only illusions and stage effects.

Which episode? If you mean discord he does that to everyone from Spike up to Celestia.

Just now, Senko said:

Which episode? If you mean discord he does that to everyone from Spike up to Celestia.

It's the writers telling us she doesn't have real magic, thats why discord insulted her for that reason. They pair Trixie with another pony who is a million times more magical and gets support and forgiveness where Trixie was dragged through crap.

large (2).png

Since I am not up to date my answer may be off to a degree. But I will respond any how.

I have seen 2 episodes with her so far. In both she commits what are criminal acts anywhere with a decent rule of law. 

She commits assault or assault with a deadly weapon depending on how you view magic by bullying ponies with said magic in her first episode. Further, in that episode, she bullies ponies verbally and proves herself to be a coward by not helping with the Ursa. 

So excuse me if that leaves me pitiless for her in the following episode where her life gets hard. Oh boo hoo the bully got schooled and had to work manual labor. Well maybe if you were not a jerk and a coward and had not attacked people until Twilight stepped in then it would not have happened. Dont cry when the rock you toss bounces back and hits you. Futher she learns nothing as in the next episode she:

Kidnaps, imprisons, and enslaves an entire town. So we have those crimes plus assault. You can say but the amulet Nah sorry she bought it to get revenge. So she planned some sort of crime even if maybe the amulet helped take it further.  

oh and then I was willing to spoil a bit for myself here she partly makes a new friend to one up Twilight proving once more she learns nothing. 

In short she is a criminal bully that should have gotten much worse then she did in seasons 1 and 3. So anything after that is just karma teaching her what she refuses to learn on her own.:maud: 

( I hate bullies so yea this is ranty and over the top ) 

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

snip

What about the time Twilight brainwashed children and suffered no consequences whatsoever? Assulting the town with magic agaisnt their will, or how glimmer brainwashed an entire town, burned through multiple timelines,and tried killing the mane cast in her little fit? What about how sunset threw away her perfect life and tried murdering the mane cast, was more evil than Trixie while she was under the influence of an evil artifact, and was immediately offered the path to friendship while Trixie is greeted with spite?

Notice a pattern with these god awful characters and their blatantly unoriginal copies? If they can be forgiven, Trixie can be for a crime that was far less severe, and she would have never committed without the evil influence.

Edited by Torques
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Since I am not up to date my answer may be off to a degree. But I will respond any how.

I have seen 2 episodes with her so far. In both she commits what are criminal acts anywhere with a decent rule of law. 

She commits assault or assault with a deadly weapon depending on how you view magic by bullying ponies with said magic in her first episode. Further, in that episode, she bullies ponies verbally and proves herself to be a coward by not helping with the Ursa. 

So excuse me if that leaves me pitiless for her in the following episode where her life gets hard. Oh boo hoo the bully got schooled and had to work manual labor. Well maybe if you were not a jerk and a coward and had not attacked people until Twilight stepped in then it would not have happened. Dont cry when the rock you toss bounces back and hits you. Futher she learns nothing as in the next episode she:

Kidnaps, imprisons, and enslaves an entire town. So we have those crimes plus assault. You can say but the amulet Nah sorry she bought it to get revenge. So she planned some sort of crime even if maybe the amulet helped take it further.  

oh and then I was willing to spoil a bit for myself here she partly makes a new friend to one up Twilight proving once more she learns nothing. 

In short she is a criminal bully that should have gotten much worse then she did in seasons 1 and 3. So anything after that is just karma teaching her what she refuses to learn on her own.:maud: 

( I hate bullies so yea this is ranty and over the top ) 

she is the one bullied for boasting(which is what Rainbow Dash does all the time and its fine)she didn't attack anyone in her first episode,more like she defended herself and her show,and she DID try to fight the Ursa,she just couldn't,it's not her fault snips and sails can't distinct show from truth

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Torques said:

Notice a pattern with these god awful characters and their blatantly unoriginal copies? If they can be forgiven, Trixie can be for a crime that was far less severe, and she would have never committed without the evil influence.

Well considering as I said in my post I am not up to date sorta hard to answer that part. I even said that I spoiled a bit for myself by learning she befriend starlight which means I am not even up to season six so cant comment 

As for the idea that she would not have done that without the amulet I have doubt there. She has proven willing to commit assault in her very first episode. So the rest for revenge does not seem too far fetched. If you are a jerk, a criminal, and a bully who takes over six seasons to reform karma giving you crap does not really bother me. 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Torques said:

They pair Trixie with another pony who is a million times more magical and gets support and forgiveness where Trixie was dragged through crap.

Starlight got forgiven because they couldn't defeat her,they did try to just stop her at first,pairing Trixie with her is a way of telling us the world is unfair and the powerful will always have more oportunities,and by that she continues to be a very a relatable character(even if it was unintentional which i'm not sure it was)

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

she is the one bullied for boasting(which is what Rainbow Dash does all the time and its fine)she didn't attack anyone in her first episode,more like she defended herself and her show,and she DID try to fight the Ursa,she just couldn't,it's not her fault snips and sails can't distinct show from truth

She attacks ponies with magic trying to push Twilight to step in, in her first episode. Then she chooses to come back for revenge when she was a jerk that got served. As for her boasting well boasting is fine right up until you use it to bully others. Rainbow is cocky but she never uses her speed to pick on others even though she could. Also her "trying to fight the Ursa" is the equivalent of tossing out a two punch combo and then letting the criminal run rampant because that did not work. She tried the rope and the lightning and that is is. But you are right she made a token effort. 

Just now, Jedishy said:

She attacks ponies with magic trying to push Twilight to step in, in her first episode. Then she chooses to come back for revenge when she was a jerk that got served. As for her boasting well boasting is fine right up until you use it to bully others. Rainbow is cocky but she never uses her speed to pick on others even though she could. Also her "trying to fight the Ursa" is the equivalent of tossing out a two punch combo and then letting the criminal run rampant because that did not work. She tried the rope and the lightning and that is is. But you are right she made a token effort. 

Did you even read what I posted. 

"The episode was a mess. One of the earlier interviews with Thiesen on EqD, and I believe a reddit AMA, had him say that the original script / layout had to be hacked down and it stuck with him over how much overtime they had to do to make the episode make sense.

In the end, they still messed up; they accelerated the initial reason for "conflict" so fast/poorly that they made 3 of the M6 look like petty hecklers and gave valid reasons for Trixie to act out on them. They were front row audience of a free show and were making a fuss about it from second zero, before any callouts; nobody that isn’t a jerkass does something like, but the M6 were made to act that way so Trixie would start her challenges. At that point they’re hecklers, and as anyone that’s seen standup comedy knows, hecklers get humiliated and used to entertain the rest of the audience; of course, making the M6 feel bad is a mortal sin for most of the fandom, as we all know from the way people flipped over Gilda making Fluttershy cry.

The merit of how she treated the challenges is contestable, but as far as I’m concerned was fair given the circumstances; AJ made a point of being so much better and used some rope tricks, Trixie used rope tricks on her and put her down a peg; RD got aggressive and used her flight to control the weather, Trixie used magic to control the weather and give her a shock (the same terrible shock, mind you, that Dash uses to "terrorize" innocent bystanders in Nightmare Night, so hush you with any claims she was assaulted); RY called out her style and looks and trashed Trixie’s stage to make herself look better with magic, Trixie user her magic to trash Rarity’s mane to have her look worse. She was challenged with shows of rope use, weather control, and object transformation, and she proved she was better at those things, put some hecklers in their place, and got cheers from the public. If this had been a M6 character putting on the show in front of a hostile audience, we’d be expected to cheer for them; but it’s not, the show’s always had a clear double standard when dealing with what the M6 can do and what other characters can do.

Trixie messed up by lying about a fantastical event only idiot children or yokels would take seriously in the one town populated by idiot children and yokels that lied on the border of The Forbidden Forest; but the aesop didn’t deal with lies or boasting. RD, AJ, and RY messed up by heckling a performer during their act and having as big of an as her; but the aesop didn’t deal with not harassing artists or biting down your tongue over pride. The wonderdolts and Spike messed up by taking the show too seriously, putting their idols on mile-high pedestals, and fighting over them; but the aesop wasn’t about the dangers of fanboyism. In the end the aesop as about how you should feel OK to prove you’re good at something if you think you’re good at something; it was all about Twilight. And the aftermath was Trixie losing her home, her possesions, her job, and her pride, the wonderdolts getting prized with moustaches, Twilight becoming the town hero and Best Pony That Ever Lived, again, and some random pony having to retile their roof.

Oh, and showing that Dash was more than willing to physically beat up Trixie. But let’s just ignore that part lest we spark a debate on all of Dash’s deep faults and how we’re expected to see them as charming character traits…"

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Torques said:

Also find it annoying how you ignored my examples of Trixie NOT being some one dimensional revenge obsessed bully. 

Oh a bully has nice traits too? So? I am sure their victims find it soothing to know that they are more then just a bully sometimes. Sorry but other traits do not negate the bad ones. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Oh a bully has nice traits too? So? I am sure their victims find it soothing to know that they are more then just a bully sometimes. Sorry but other traits do not negate the bad ones. 

Trixie was the one bullied and dragged through shit. 

17 minutes ago, Torques said:

What about the time Twilight brainwashed children and suffered no consequences whatsoever? Assulting the town with magic agaisnt their will, or how glimmer brainwashed an entire town, burned through multiple timelines,and tried killing the mane cast in her little fit? What about how sunset threw away her perfect life and tried murdering the mane cast, was more evil than Trixie while she was under the influence of an evil artifact, and was immediately offered the path to friendship while Trixie is greeted with spite?

As I recall she has been.

6 minutes ago, Jedishy said:

she doesn't,thats from her second episode where she has the amulet,the only ones she "attacked"(not really harmed them)were the ones that tried to stop her show,which is why i said she's the one bullied
not actually defeating the Ursa is not something you can hold against her,she would if she could thats for sure

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

Starlight got forgiven because they couldn't defeat her,they did try to just stop her at first,pairing Trixie with her is a way of telling us the world is unfair and the powerful will always have more oportunities,and by that she continues to be a very a relatable character(even if it was unintentional which i'm not sure it was)

The world in this show is vastly unfair to the point where its absurd how much fortune and talent Twilight and Glimmer have, how much they get because of who they are, when they don't uphold the message of this show.

Trixie nearly killed herself because the princess of friendship tried separating her from the one friend she had by bringing old, bad feelings back into this, and would rather have tea with Celestia than support Trixie trying to better her life while she was happy to forgive Glimmer for all the worse things she did. Twilight is supposed to be an example of this show.

It only took Trixie nearly killing herself for before she could finally have one friend. Twilight really is a bastard, she gets all of these wonderful and beautiful things handed to her, and she doesn't even uphold the message of this show. Twilight knew about Trixie suffering and didn't care.

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Torques said:

AJ made a point of being so much better and used some rope tricks, Trixie used rope tricks on her and put her down a peg; RD got aggressive and used her flight to control the weather, Trixie used magic to control the weather and give her a shock (the same terrible shock, mind you, that Dash uses to "terrorize" innocent bystanders in Nightmare Night, so hush you with any claims she was assaulted); RY called out her style and looks and trashed Trixie’s stage to make herself look better with magic, Trixie user her magic to trash Rarity’s mane to have her look worse. She was challenged with shows of rope use, weather control, and object transformation, and she proved she was better at those things, put some hecklers in their place, and got cheers from the public. If this had been a M6 character putting on the show in front of a hostile audience, we’d be expected to cheer for them; but it’s not, the show’s always had a clear double standard when dealing with what the M6 can do and what other characters can do.

Oh so if someone heckles a performer that justifies assault? Do you know what the definition of assault is under the law? If you come on stage trash talking and being big headed someone will call you on it so you asked for that. Further no one taking a challenge expects to be assaulted during said challenge So no being heckled does not justify her acts. If someone says my style sucks I do not get to mess their hair up to the point of needing a stylist to repair it. 

4 minutes ago, Torques said:

Trixie was the one bullied and dragged through shit. 

No. She was a performer that got heckled which sorry but that is the breaks of being an entertainer especially when you choose to be a jerk that trash talks while doing it. You talk trash they talk it back. That does not excuse tying someone up, zaping someone or ruining their hair. Oh and Rainbow Dash shocking her friends in ponyville is not the same as a stranger doing it. Legally or morally. Trixie talked trash and got trash talked back and then used magic to attack people. That is about the time Dash wanted to beat her up. 

But lets say you are right. Lets give you the first episode. NONE of that excuses episode number two in any way. 

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

she doesn't,thats from her second episode where she has the amulet,the only ones she "attacked"(not really harmed them)were the ones that tried to stop her show,which is why i said she's the one bullied
not actually defeating the Ursa is not something you can hold against her,she would if she could thats for sure

All of what she did to hecklers was not at all excusable. Sorry but you stop the show or have them removed. You do not attack them randomly after inviting them on stage. A performer that trash talks gets trash talked that is stage life. Does not excuse attacking your audience. Because no matter how you slice it no one expects or could reasonably expect to be attacked at what amounted at that point to a talent challenge. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Jedishy said:

Oh and Rainbow Dash shocking her friends in ponyville is not the same as a stranger doing it.

>It doesn't count you guiez!

Trixie didn't assault her any worse than what Twilight does on a daily basis dragging other ponies around, or how glimmer brainwashed her own friends and was immidiatly forgiven. You are completely oblivious to the flaws in this show.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Torques said:

The world in this show is vastly unfair to the point where its absurd how much fortune and talent Twilight and Glimmer have, how much they get because of who they are, when they don't uphold the message of this show.

Trixie nearly killed herself because the princess of friendship tried separating her from the one friend she had by bringing old, bad feelings back into this, and would rather have tea with Celestia than support Trixie trying to better her life while she was happy to forgive Glimmer for all the worse things she did. Twilight is supposed to be an example of this show.

It only took Trixie nearly killing herself for before she could finally have one friend. Twilight really is a bastard, she gets all of these wonderful and beautiful things handed to her, and she doesn't even uphold the message of this show. Twilight knew about Trixie suffering and didn't care.

well Twilight isn't a perfect princess,her role is to be flawed and learn from her mistakes(which are alot since the show would be short otherwise),and hopefully help us learn too,without making them first like her.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not only that but Trixie could have really zapped Dash but chose not to, she made a much bigger bolt against the ursa.

Edited by Torques

Just now, Torques said:

Trixie didn't assault her any worse than what Twilight does on a daily basis dragging other ponies around, or how glimmer brainwashed her own friends and was immidiatly forgiven. You are completely oblivious to the flaws in this show.

You really think that legally or morally or whatever the two are the same? Let's see my best friend and I have a joke called " Merry Christmas " because we both read a terrible book where someone got punched in the face by another person who yelled Merry Xmas while doing it. We have on occasion leaped out from hiding to sock the other guy in the face. Not hard mind you but enough that you feel it. Do you think that it would be the same if a stage magician did it to me? Yea heck naw. Sorry but its well known that friends and family get away with stuff some random stranger cant all the time. Further the spirit in which its done matters as well. 

Just now, Torques said:

Not only that but Trixie could have really zapped Dash but chose not to, she made a much bigger bolt against the ursa.

I'd love to see that as a defense. Oh officer they talked trash so I only shocked them with my stun gun a little. I could have held it on them for a while but I didnt so its all cool. 

• Brohoof 1

About No Second Prances, I feel like this from TV Tropes' recap page on it sums up my thoughts:

Both Sides Have a Point: More like three sides, but Twilight, Starlight, and Trixie each had their own reasons for behaving as they did in this episode, and none of them were completely right or wrong.

Twilight shouldn't have been so controlling over Starlight, but her reasons for not trusting Trixie were well-founded, and were proven to be true. (And there are reasons for keeping Starlight Glimmer on a short leash as well.)

Starlight was right about Twilight not trusting her judgment or her friends, but she was wrong to blow her off without telling her and brag about it before being caught.

Trixie was right about others not completely forgiving her or trusting her even when she tried to change; but her behavior towards Twilight shows just why it is that she doesn't get much trust. She and Starlight connected spontaneously at first, but Trixie immediately turned it into a plot to get back at Twilight — and then blurted that out out right in front of Starlight Glimmer.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

You really think that legally or morally or whatever the two are the same?

You think its moral to drag your friends around and brainwash them. 

• Brohoof 1