Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trixie was vastly mistreated, the writers have no respect for her

Torques

Just now, Torques said:

Jesus Christ. 

i know you try to defend her,but by denying her flaws you actually take away from what makes her great.everypony in the show is flawed in some way,thats what makes them interesting

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Jedishy said:

Blast it. I tried to google that info but nothing came up. I wanted it to go to season 10 or more but meh I guess all good things and what not.....

stuff like this 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Lord Valtasar said:

i know you try to defend her,but by denying her flaws you actually take away from what makes her great.everypony in the show is flawed in some way,thats what makes them interesting

I'm not denying her flaws, you're just making her reality even more depressing. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Torques said:

Why does Trixie get stepped on after she lived through years of humiliation, why does glimmer get everything she never had on a silver platter.

You wanted a counter-argument, her you go.

She’s a magician whose white lie during a show turns on her thanks to some idiot kids, loses her only possessions and runs out of town humiliated.
Is humiliated in the local tabloid

Way to try and pass blame on a couple of stupid kids. The fact is that Trixie is an adult and should take responsibility for her own lies. She knows lying is wrong, and she did it anyway, she is to blame for her own misfortune there.

Comes back with a mind-affecting talisman, reveals her property was vandalized, she was humiliated wherever she went, worked hard labour to make ends meet, and is ultimately proven to be a powerless fool without the talisman

Because instead of improving herself, doing some soul searching and wondering where she went wrong she instead blamed her problems on others catching her lies and went after a magic talisman to try and fix it instead of honing her own talents or skills. That's called missing the point and doing zero self reflection. She got where she was by lying and bragging, but it never occurred to her to perhaps... Stop doing that? Again: she made her own bed here and thus had to sleep in it when the talisman thing didn't work out.

Hell she was LUCKY that Twilight was willing to give her another chance after this.

Comes back, makes a friend, her animosity towards Twilight gets the better of her, and then tries to kill herself

Okay let's not exaggerate. It's a kids show, she wasn't trying to commit suicide. Again: her bitterness and hatred toward a person who has DONE HER NO WRONG is what screwed her over. Twilight didn't make her lie, or make her get that talisman, she just stopped her both times and cleaned up her mess. Trixie did those things to herself.

Goes on an adventure with her new friend, is constantly taunted as being useless, and ultimately is only useful as a diversion, getting captured

Because she has spent little time honing her skills. I just explained above that Trixie spent so much of her life basically bragging about what she didn't have and trying to trick people into thinking she was great instead of practicing and honing her skills to actually be great. So yeah, that's not going to magically change in a short time.

Is shown to have a father just as inept as her that doesn’t even know he has a daughter, implying her childhood was crap as well

Grabbing at straws here, we don't know anything about that situation.

Her every appearance in the show is to use her to make other character’s look better. I guess that wouldn’t be a problem in most shows, except she’s one of the very few characters in this show that at points is actually relatable as a "real person that could actually exist". For anyone that’s a fan of her for such reasons, that may even identify with her for any number of reasons, and not just waifu-ism nonsense, it’s kinda crap that her every new appearance just makes her look worse or makes her reality more depressing.

Honestly, I wonder why people identify with a character who brags about what she doesn't have and every time it blows up in her face she blames others and makes excuses to not improve herself, but instead tries to find ways to get good quick through tricks until only recently.

It really is at the point where it’d be better for her to just be a background character with no lines; as soon as she’s treated as a character that exists, she’s just the buttmonkey.

The only reason Hasbro even keeps using her as more than a background character is because people keep for some dumb reason demanding her.

Also, it’d take some real skill to turn "Ha ha, she’s the bastard daughter of a complete loser!" into something that’s somehow her fault.

A lot of us are bastard children, life's a bitch doesn't mean you get to be one.

Just now, Torques said:

well.. thats why so many relate to her

6 minutes ago, Torques said:

I'm telling you you're annoying, your input about Trixie is shallow, and you didn't address anything I said.

See the above. You wanted me to address your points, I have done so now.

Also, you may want to watch your tone, start showing the users here a little more respect. Saying "Stop", "Go away" and "you're annoying" to people's responses to your inquiries is disrespectful.

Just now, Key Sharkz said:

Way to try and pass blame on a couple of stupid kids. The fact is that Trixie is an adult and should take responsibility for her own lies. She knows lying is wrong, and she did it anyway, she is to blame for her own misfortune there.

Why the fuck should she have to pay for what two other able minded ponies did. 

Because instead of improving herself, doing some soul searching and wondering where she went wrong she instead blamed her problems on others catching her lies and went after a magic talisman to try and fix it instead of honing her own talents or skills.

She DID try improving herself, she DID try rebooting her career and fixing her problems. I'm not even going to read past this garbage you wrote in 5 seconds trying to win, its pathetic

2 minutes ago, Torques said:

Reality is depressing. That's why we have a thing called "escapism".

Just now, Torques said:

Why the fuck should she have to pay for what two other able minded ponies did. 

2 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Because they're children. We don't hold children who don't know any better accountable when they were misled by an ADULT. Kids aren't the ones driving the train here. Trixie is old enough to know that lying is bad and can lead to disastrous results. Had she not told her lie in the first place, none of it would have happened. She has just as much guilt as those two do.

Just now, Torques said:

She DID try improving herself, she DID try rebooting her career and fixing her problems. I'm not even going to read past this garbage you wrote in 5 seconds trying to win, its pathetic

Translation: I can't counter those points so I will make an excuse to not do so and declare myself the winner.

AKA: You got nothing. ;)

Reality is depressing. That's why we have a thing called "escapism".

isn't escapism exactly what Trixie does?*throws a smokebomb and runs away*joke aside,boasting is her form of escapism

3 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

See the above. You wanted me to address your points, I have done so now.

Also, you may want to watch your tone, start showing the users here a little more respect. Saying "Stop", "Go away" and "you're annoying" to people's responses to your inquiries is disrespectful.

You're right about the disrespectful tone thing. I myself have been disrespectful in the past and am now trying very hard to change that about myself. Starting with learning how to know when to pick your battles

• Brohoof 1

isn't escapism exactly what Trixie does?*throws a smokebomb and runs away*joke aside,boasting is her form of escapism

Yup.

Also I find this childish @Torques, you make a PUBLIC thread about something and when people don't agree with you 100% you basically insult them, call them pathetic, scream "Jesus Christ, stop!" and say you are not even going to read counter-arguments. Why did you even post this if all you wanted was people to echo your own opinion back at you? You clearly weren't trying to make a discussion if you basically don't want to respond to any counterpoint that anyone else is making.

Ironically you're showing a lot of what I just said about Trixie yourself. Just like her, you have the chance to listen, learn and maybe gain a new perspective, but instead, you're throwing a fit and telling anyone who disagrees that they are stupid more or less.

3 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Translation: I'm blatantly ignoring Trixie's efforts to improve her life, blatantly ignoring all of his examples in this thread, ignoring that Trixie isn't some one dimensional bully obsessed with revenge, ignoring how the super special main character gets forgiven for worse instantly

Fixed it.

you are not even going to read counter-arguments

That wasn't even an argument I reacted to, holy fuck. 

Just now, Wholly Windcharger said:

You're right about the disrespectful tone thing. I myself have been disrespectful in the past and am now trying very hard to change that about myself. Starting with learning how to know when to pick your battles

When you approach a thread with such a condescending and angry tone to anyone who disagrees, and call them "annoying" for doing so, you are going to have a bad time.

That being said: telling someone to "go away" when they are proposing a counter-argument is literally going to make them more likely to stick around just to spite you. :P

Just now, Torques said:

Fixed it.

(edited)

He brings retarded legal jargon to cartoon slapstick, you come here to shit in my thread and ignore all of my examples. 

Edited by Torques

2 minutes ago, Torques said:

Fixed it.

i don't mind it personaly,but try to keep swearing out since there are kids as young as 13 in the forums

• Brohoof 2

Swearing and using what about ism or a form of Tu quoque fallacy does not make your case stronger either @Torques . It just tries to shift the focus. The fact is that just because people think Trixie got her just deserts does not mean they do not think that other characters get away with too much or get off too lightly. 

Also I normally would admire your passion for a character you like but this level of vitriol is just blech. 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Torques said:

You and Jedishy can go fuck yourselves. He brings retarded legal jargon to cartoon slapstick, this idiot comes here to shit in my thread and ignore all of my examples. 

I'm going to try and level with you:

Why are you getting so upset over a cartoon horse? You're turning away potential friends over this, why? You're making enemies here over this, why? It's not even worth it, man. Let me help you out, tell me why this is so important to you?

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Lord Valtasar said:

If you include Equestria girls I think we get a nice glimpse into her mind during forgotten friendship when she's talking to Sunset.

Trixie: "So you have this idea of who you're supposed to be but no one at school see's you that way." she looks at her poster of herself performing as 'The great and powerful Trixie' before continuing "Is that it?"

Sunset nods.

Trixle: "Trust me I get it."

Interestingly her stage magic actually manages to swap herself and Sunset back and forth around a locked door in a world with no magic. Sure she doesn't manage to get both of them on the same side but that's pretty impressive.

Also wow this thread moves fast.

Edited by Senko
  • Brohoof 3

Why are you getting so upset over a cartoon horse? You're turning away potential friends over this, why? You're making enemies here over this, why? It's not even worth it, man. Let me help you out, tell me why this is so important to you?

I see something very wrong and you come here to just shit on a character I care about, and you didn't consider anything I said, your haphazard response and blatant ignoring of my example is infuriating and shows you don't care, and I can't stand it. 

I can't stand how Trixie was treated, thats why its so important. 

1 minute ago, Senko said:

If you include Equestria girls I think we get a nice glimpse into her mind during forgotten friendship when she's talking to Sunset.

Trixie: "So you have this idea of who your supposed to be but no one at school see's you that way." she looks at her poster of herself performing as 'The great and powerful Trixie'.

Sunset nods.

Trixle: "Trust me I get it."

Also wow this thread moves fast.

i really must give EG another chance it seems,i only watched the first movie

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Torques said:

I see something very wrong and you come here to just shit on a character I care about, and you didn't consider anything I said, your haphazard response and blatant ignoring of my example is infuriating and shows you don't care, and I can't stand it. 

Dude, I DID respond to your exact points, I even quoted them to make sure it was clear what I was responding to and you literally ignored my responses to your examples. I literally did exactly what you are asking.

Is a cartoon character really worth making enemies over? Are you really that caring about a character that you are going to mistreat real people who don't like her to the point where you are going to turn them against you? We all have things we're passionate about but you can't just act like this when people disagree, you'll find yourself alone and with no friends very quickly. You have to be flexible.

I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt here and trying to be friendly with you, despite the fact that all you've done to me up to this point is try and give me the bird.

i really must give EG another chance it seems,i only watched the first movie

First one is the weakest by far.

4 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

Key is right, @Torques. I lost potential friends in a similar way because of a similar attitude. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Key Sharkz said:

I have not seen ANY of the movies yet. Are they worth going out and buying in your opinion? 

which is why i never moved to the next ones,i didn't know it was the weakest though

• Brohoof 2