Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do Bulk Biceps and Scootaloo have the same wing problem?

Senko

Do they have the same issue?  

12 users have voted

1. 1. Do they have the same issue?

• Yes
    • No

Something I'm wondering about Bulk Biceps has the same small wings as Scootaloo and he has a huge amount of difficulty flying. Like Fluttershy we normally see him on the ground and struggling to even get off the ground. So do people think he has the same problem as Scootaloo? Because if so that makes two regular and at least one background Pony who may have this problem meaning it could be a lot more common than we've been shown.

• Brohoof 1

I think Bulk's issue is that he has so much muscle in every other part of his body than his wings that his wings can't quite keep up. :P He does get immense strength out of that though, at least. Not sure what caused him to have such muscle though.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

I think Bulk's issue is that he has so much muscle in every other part of his body than his wings that his wings can't quite keep up. :P He does get immense strength out of that though, at least. Not sure what caused him to have such muscle though.

That's the thing though its not just that the rest of him is bulky his wings are drawn the same small way as Scootaloos. Compare these images.

image.png.4b09e5a40e0ccc6f64b0a1b1a94db027.png

image.png.e12a2981cdfe74bb51c30fe451d95872.png

Their wings are actually smaller when extended and his don't fold back the way other ponies do. Though that may be do to his size.

Edited by Senko

At least Bulk can actually fly, Scootaloo needs help just to get into the air, then she kinda glides. The problem with Bulk is all the muscle, he'd probably be better losing it to help him fly better if that's what he'd wanna do. Honestly, all-in-all, I believe Scoots just needs more time to mature for her wings to get bigger.

Or she may never fly, that's a possibility too. 

dreams_and_reality__page_4___commission_by_latecustomer-d5ub77y.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Cute if sad comic. Of course the question about Bulk's size is whether he'd fly better with fewer muscles or if he needs that many muscles to fly at all rather than hover like Scootaloo. Well that and whether Scotaloo needs to similarly bulk up to fly.

9 hours ago, Senko said:

Cute if sad comic. Of course the question about Bulk's size is whether he'd fly better with fewer muscles or if he needs that many muscles to fly at all rather than hover like Scootaloo. Well that and whether Scotaloo needs to similarly bulk up to fly.

Bulks muscles are everywhere, not certained around his back where he would actually need them to fly, so he needs to lose muscles around areas that don't support him flying if that's what he wants to do. In essence, Bulk doesn't need muscles in his arms to help him fly.

I dont think so. Bulky is shown to be able to fly if poorly. I think that is due to bulk not an inherent wing issue. If he worked at flying rather then body building I think he could fly just fine. But Scoots issue is far more than that because she tries to fly all the time but can't. So it would appear to me that her issues are either physically with her wings or maybe mentally after some early struggles like Flutter has at times. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it's amazing how bulk biceps flies. I also feel sorry for scotaloo no being able to fly sweetie belle can already do magic but scotaloo can't fly. I also find it sad people call her a chicken or do do. Her time will come when she can fly. But they do not have the same problem his wings are to small for his body.

(edited)

There's also that similarly built purple mare in the buckball game.

EDIT

I've been studying pony wings the last few episodes and most of them seem to have an inner and outer wing with some background ponies only having the outer while Scootaloo and Bulk only have an inner wing. That may explain their difficulty and does not bode well for her ever  being able to fly.

Edited by Senko