Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where do ponies in equestria believe they go when they die?

Unity

So this is not earth, it is equestria, Christianity does not exist from what i have seen.

Where do ponies believe they go when they die?

i think you can go wherever you want when you die as long as you have been good, but that is just me.

They return to the earth and sky their bodies nourishing the next generation and their wisdom and actions helping guide their lives as they are remembered with love by those who knew them.

img-2013584-1-640px-Sweetie_Belle_jumps_

Memories.png

• Brohoof 3

Since spirits have been shown to exist several times in both the show and the comics, I'm going to put my money on there being an afterlife in Equestria. I don't see how you can argue that such a concept is anymore ridiculous than talking, anthropomorphic ponies and insane magical happenstances...and Tartarus, the Greek's idea of the underworld.

Just now, CloudMistDragon said:

Since spirits have been shown to exist several times in both the show and the comics, I'm going to put my money on there being an afterlife in Equestria. I don't see how you can argue that such a concept is anymore ridiculous than talking, anthropomorphic ponies and insane magical happenstances...and Tartarus, the Greek's idea of the underworld.

When? The closest I can think of is the pony of shadow's hinted at in the end of the haunted castle episode and ghost stories no actual sprits in the show, still reading through the comics so I may well come across them later.

31 minutes ago, Senko said:

When? The closest I can think of is the pony of shadow's hinted at in the end of the haunted castle episode and ghost stories no actual sprits in the show, still reading through the comics so I may well come across them later.

Watch Hearth's Warming Eve and A Hearth's Warming Tail. They also refer to magical entities like Discord as "spirits" and have used the word "soul" in the show. As for the comics, one of the more recent stories, The Vines That Bind from Issue 58, ends with a shot of Mage Meadowbrook (deceased in comic canon) and her dead lover Aqua Vine watching over the ponies from above.

(edited)
6 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Watch Hearth's Warming Eve and A Hearth's Warming Tail. They also refer to magical entities like Discord as "spirits" and have used the word "soul" in the show. As for the comics, one of the more recent stories, The Vines That Bind from Issue 58, ends with a shot of Mage Meadowbrook (deceased in comic canon) and her dead lover Aqua Vine watching over the ponies from above.

I don't consider those to be proper ghosts the windigo were evil winter spirits that fed on disharmony and the hearth's warming tail ones were an imaginign of a story as for discord call him a spirit, draconequas or dangerous he's not a pony ghost.

In regards to the comics that's a pretty major departure as she was alive and well last seen in series canon. Still I agree that yes that is a proper pony ghost representation so we do have one confirmed one there then. So they do exist in the comic universe at least along with some form of afterlife.

Edited by Senko

7 minutes ago, Photon Jet said:

Their souls leave their bodies and travel to another universe. Once they're in another universe, their new vessels get created, starting life anew.

And they are called Bronies.

• Brohoof 4

I think just like in this world, Equestria probably has many different belief systems, as many different cultures have been shown to exist within Equestria. There's technically no way to know for sure what happens to the ponies after they die unless you turn into a pony, go to Equestria, and die. Of course, you won't really be coming back to tell what happens (cuz, you'll be ya know, dead^_^ 

I like to believe they never die.....they just go to another city...or like a farm....Although they do have a pony version of hell so maybe...just maybe they go to the spirit in the sky?

Would say that most go to Asphodel Meadows, but then I remember that this is a kid show and that I'm bad fan for overthinking things, so here it goes: the nice ones go to Lazy Town. The naughty ones go to New Jersey. Buck it.

It's a heavier subject than the show is ever likely to tackle directly in explicit detail. But with what we've have been shown I think the broad idea is that there is some sort of continuation, both symbolically and metaphysically of the 'souls' or 'spirits' of the departed. MLP doesn't strike me as taking the nihilistic avenue of 'death is death' but rather that no pony really knows and it's just one of the great mysteries of life in Equestria.

• 1 month later...

Now that we've gotten this in A Matter of Principals...

latest?cb=20180806063116

I guess I can sort of go, "Nya ha ha ha, I was right.". Yes, I know, it's not a pony ghost. However, Starlight, a pony, was completely familiar with the concept of body/soul separation and possessed magic pertaining to such. It's really only a matter of time. :orly:

On 7/17/2018 at 1:32 AM, Senko said:

They return to the earth and sky their bodies nourishing the next generation and their wisdom and actions helping guide their lives as they are remembered with love by those who knew them.

Memories.png

Kinda wonder if you mean literally or figuratively. Because since you brought up this episode, the one with AJ's family reunion where it's said it's the first time ALL of the Apples were there, it's pretty obvious that AJ's parents are gone. However, there's a pair of shooting stars that arc across the sky, both early in the episode, and then again at the end. Those are Mom and Dad, and they came to the reunion. Take that for what you will about what Equestria's afterlife is like.

11 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

Now that we've gotten this in A Matter of Principals...

latest?cb=20180806063116

I guess I can sort of go, "Nya ha ha ha, I was right.". Yes, I know, it's not a pony ghost. However, Starlight, a pony, was completely familiar with the concept of body/soul separation and possessed magic pertaining to such. It's really only a matter of time. :orly:

Could you give me the episode name you are referring to with the whole starlight thing?

And also, Discord is sort of the complete master of chaos, he can do literally anything, I really dont think changing to an ethereal version of himself isnt off the table.

1 hour ago, Unity said:

Could you give me the episode name you are referring to with the whole starlight thing?

And also, Discord is sort of the complete master of chaos, he can do literally anything, I really dont think changing to an ethereal version of himself isnt off the table.

It's in the same episode I mentioned in the post, A Matter of Principals. :laugh: Not a criticism of you, but I don't think you've watched A Matter of Principals, as Discord needed Starlight's magic to undo the banishing of his body from the school to return to normal. ;)

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

It's in the same episode I mentioned in the post, A Matter of Principals. :laugh: Not a criticism of you, but I don't think you've watched A Matter of Principals, as Discord needed Starlight's magic to undo the banishing of his body from the school to return to normal. ;)

Well then your right, that explains why I dont remember it.

But still, I do think he could ethereal up if he wanted to.

• Brohoof 1