Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What age were you when you started watching MLP?

Dashy 4 Ever

What age were you when you started watching MLP?  

51 users have voted

1. 1. What age were you when you started watching MLP?

• Couple months old.
    • Less then 6 years old.
    • 10 years old.
    • Less than 20 years old.
    • When I got married.
    • When I retired.
    • Between 20 and 40

(edited)

FlFAg22.png

XZnT1To.png

But what if I started when I was older than 20, but wasn't married, nor retired? iVFEFnc.png There's literally nothing I can choose, as everything is false. :P Am I out of place? :derp: Yeah nobody expected watching MLP at this age and status. :mlp_icwudt: RIP #ForeverAlone :muffins: 

Also what is somebody started when they were 7 years old? The third option is false, so the correct one would be "less than 20 years old", which at that point would make it an extremely vague answer, as it could be 7-19 years old, except 10. That's a pretty big gap, which doesn't really make the poll effective. :twi:

Edited by Rikifive
  • Brohoof 6

I'm not in any of the options in this poll so I'll have to provide my own answer. I started watching MLP a few months after my 31st birthday though I actually started off with the first Equestria Girls movie--by complete accident mind you--before binge-watching the first three seasons at the time so that I could be caught up prior to season four starting.

• Brohoof 2

I have a family picture of me playing with cars while staring at the television which was playing a Gen 1 MLP movie. Then, when i was 6, my older sister made me watch it before i could watch my movie.

(edited)

i started at 27(about a month ago),not sure how to vote since i'm neither married nor retired so i'll just skip the voting part

Edited by Lord Valtasar
  • Brohoof 1

While the poll option is pretty easy, it's tough to remember when I went from watching episodes in curiosity to full blown binging the show but it was somewhere in the time frame of summer vacation after senior year of highschool at 17 to spring break freshman year of college at 18.

Does G3 count? Cause I watched G3 when I was a LITTLE kid, I still have all my G3 ponies. But I didn't start watching G4 until I was 13. So that was about 4 years ago. Mid to late 2014 I remember. That's why season 4 is so special to me. So I guess I've been a Pegasister for *nearly* my entire life. :mlp_icwudt:

8 hours ago, Cyclone 1066, Princess of Tractor Pulling said:

And my mom likes to say she is an OG brony/pegasister since she watched g1 when she was a kid.

My mom too, whenever I mention how long I've been a fan of MLP she's like, "I've been one longer." She even had a huge G1 pony collection back in the day but unfortunately now we only have three of her original G1 ponies. 

8 hours ago, Rikifive said:

FlFAg22.png

XZnT1To.png

But what if I started when I was older than 20, but wasn't married, nor retired? iVFEFnc.png There's literally nothing I can choose, as everything is false. :P Am I out of place? :derp: Yeah nobody expected watching MLP at this age and status. :mlp_icwudt: RIP #ForeverAlone :muffins: 

Also what is somebody started when they were 7 years old? The third option is false, so the correct one would be "less than 20 years old", which at that point would make it an extremely vague answer, as it could be 7-19 years old, except 10. That's a pretty big gap, which doesn't really make the poll effective. :twi:

Aye. I can name quite a few people who started 30+ but only 3 are/were married leaving them without a particular option. Heck, there's a distinct difference in life focus and such if you are 19 and married vs 37 and married. In my case I had kids around the target demographic which makes it curiously rare (though @Randimaxis and @PiratePony have similar stories). 

At the same time @Fhaolan is the resident seasoned scholar who likely started watching G1 back in the 80's at the same age that most of the members here started watching FiM. The older folks here have some fun stories to share. 

• Brohoof 3

I got into the show around S1E7. I would have been 31 then.

I was watching when season 1 was debuting new episodes, so...around 24 seems to be my starting point.

So many years... ._.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Hmm, I would say in early summer of 2014, give or take. I would have been 12, I think.

Believe it or not, I actually found out about MLP through Slenderman.(I know, what a madman! :P) Found out about ponies, looked up ponies, likes ponies, and it went from there.

Although, I didn't watch the actual show until a month or two later, seeing as I did some heavy digging into it beforehand. What can I say, I'm a man of intelligence. :D

Edited by Yuu Xeno
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Aye. I can name quite a few people who started 30+ but only 3 are/were married leaving them without a particular option. Heck, there's a distinct difference in life focus and such if you are 19 and married vs 37 and married. In my case I had kids around the target demographic which makes it curiously rare (though @Randimaxis and @PiratePony have similar stories). 

At the same time @Fhaolan is the resident seasoned scholar who likely started watching G1 back in the 80's at the same age that most of the members here started watching FiM. The older folks here have some fun stories to share. 

Yeah, I was about 16 when the first G1 special broadcast, in 1984. So I picked 'below 20' when I started to watch MLP. If you mean *FIM* specifically, then I'd have to make a decision between 'Over 40' and 'Married'.

• Brohoof 4

5 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Does G3 count? Cause I watched G3 when I was a LITTLE kid, I still have all my G3 ponies. But I didn't start watching G4 until I was 13. So that was about 4 years ago. Mid to late 2014 I remember. That's why season 4 is so special to me. So I guess I've been a Pegasister for *nearly* my entire life. :mlp_icwudt:

My mom too, whenever I mention how long I've been a fan of MLP she's like, "I've been one longer." She even had a huge G1 pony collection back in the day but unfortunately now we only have three of her original G1 ponies. 

I have one of my mom's g1 ponies. It was the only one that survived being in storage for 30 years. Also have a comb with a rainbow hair horse on it that we found. I refuse to use any other comb, especially when I have a mullet.

I voted under 6 years because I started watching my little pony before S4. I pretty much stayed with My Little Pony as I grew up and as the show progressed sense then. :toldya: It really has been with me pretty much as long as I remember. 

I started watching the series somewhere back after Season 2 had aired, which was back in 2011-2012. I was still in my early to mid-20s when I joined the Brony Community and started keeping up with the series and everything else that came out of it, such as art, comics, and the videos.

(edited)

I was 15 years old IIRC. Anyway, the poll options are...interesting. Is it implying people get married at 40 or something? 

Edited by Ganondox
  • Brohoof 1