Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Did the siege of the crystal empire redeem good Sombra?

Senko

Did Sombra become good?  

1 user has voted

1. 1. Did Sombra become good?

• Yes his personality was also flipped making him opposite and thus good.
    • No his personality merely now matches what it should be.
    • Yes his personality was flipped making him even more evil than he already was.

Earlier on the comics we are shown an alternate world where the events in the main comic one cause an opposite reaction. Nightmare moon in the main comics results in a good and kind Luna in that world, redeemed Luna in the main world results in an evil Luna in that alternate world. Now at the end of that ark the good King Sombra sacrifices himself to draw the evil magic out of Celestia and Luna making himself evil and them good. However in Siege of the crystal empire evil Sombra is resurected and redeemed so do you think that would also be reflected in the alternate world by flipping that worlds Sombra who should have been good but is now evil so that he should be evil but is now good?

Eerie, I was just thinking about this earlier today. :blink: Despite liking Reflections, I admittedly have to look back at the ending a lot to try and understand exactly what happens. Opposite Celestia and Luna becoming good and not affecting their counterparts in the regular universe proves that what opposite Sombra did affected no one's personality in the regular universe. Regular Sombra becoming good, however, does raise some questions. A good argument for why it wouldn't affect opposite Sombra's personality is the implication at Reflection's very end of how the good Sombra is still in him, fighting against the evil that's overtaken him. However, that would also make for a good plot point in the future, regular Sombra becoming good making the evil in opposite Sombra more powerful. It would also explain why opposite Sombra hadn't dabbled in any evil schemes up until then.

Just now, CloudMistDragon said:

Eerie, I was just thinking about this earlier today. :blink: Despite liking Reflections, I admittedly have to look back at the ending a lot to try and understand exactly what happens. Opposite Celestia and Luna becoming good and not affecting their counterparts in the regular universe proves that what opposite Sombra did affected no one's personality in the regular universe. Regular Sombra becoming good, however, does raise some questions. A good argument for why it wouldn't affect opposite Sombra's personality is the implication at Reflection's very end of how the good Sombra is still in him, fighting against the evil that's overtaken him. However, that would also make for a good plot point in the future, regular Sombra becoming good making the evil in opposite Sombra more powerful. It would also explain why opposite Sombra hadn't dabbled in any evil schemes up until then.

I got the feeling it was one way i.e. actions in the regular universe affect the reflections one but not vice versa its a literal reflection rather than a universe in its own right like Equestria Girls and the dinosaur one they visit briefly. Or maybe they're all reflections showing a different view of the core as a result of his using a mirror for the transfer medium so they can't go to somewhere that's completely independant at all.

That said its the fact that after draining the dark magic out of Celestia and Luna he's still there looking at the symbol of his and Celestia's love that I was thinking of when I asked the question. He's flooded with dark magic but his inherent goodness and love is actually still shielding him though he thinks it isn't fighting the evil as you said. However that's the issue now that regular sombra has been redeemed by love and embraced friendship will the mirror Sombra lose that reflection so his inner self becomes the monster regular Sombra though he was and thus embrace the dark magic flooding him. It's why I gave 3 options he turns good, he turns evil or he stay's the same. If the dark magic turns to light an inverse of Luna going evil then he becomes good, if his core personality turns evil then he may well embrace the darkness becoming worse or if the new relationship of evil with good core reflects the core sombras good with evil core then nothing happens.

I also have concerns about captain Good Guy since Discord is slowly embracing frienship as well but then again as he himself said he's chaos and opposes order not goodness.

• Brohoof 1