Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your Favorite Quotes From Songs

Yuu Xeno

(edited)

What are some of your favorite lines from songs you like, don't like, find okay, or downright only listen for that line. Any genre or song is alright. You can even post entire lyrics if the whole song is that good, no boundaries! Just share great song writing and all that jazz!

Personally, I really like these.

Meshuggah- Dancers to a Discordant System: We believe - so we're misled. We assume - so we're played. We confide - so we're deceived. We trust - so we're betrayed.

Vildhjarta- Traces: The clouds are getting darker, and the nights are cold now. When I am gone, I will be gone! This is irreversible!

Naberus- My Favorite Memory: Don't ask me to remember them, Don't tell me who the h*** I am! I've tried my best, don't understand! Won't you listen!

That's my top three...so far :P

Edited by Yuu Xeno

This thread is a thread that I like.

My absolute favorite quote from a song is:

"Redeem me into childhood, show me myself without a shell." - Ghost Love Score by Nightwish. A line that relates to me so well that I have it as my personal motto here.

Others include:

"We fear that pop-culture is the only kind of culture we're ever gonna have. We want to stop reading magazines, stop watching TV stop caring about Hollywood, but we're addicted to the things we hate." - Dogma by KMFDM

"Without emotions, without feelings, without love, without hate, breathe is just a clock. Ticking. Ticking. Ticking." - Without Emotions by Combichrist. Those are actually the only lyrics in the song.

"Nightmares are nothing but a beast, a beast that eats you up! Go back to your hell and suffer your own life just make sure you don't breed!" - Bite Me! by Hocico

"Suffered a legion of blood and despair, Naked and twisted scratching in this empty skin, Perverse and destroyed, A forgery of what used to be, Drowning in the absence of self sustaining chemistry." - Anaesthetic for the Pathetic by Psyclon Nine

"New medicines should ease this pain. They're the only ailment for it, all over again." - New Medicines by Dead Poetic

"No not you me I left you me back there, we were never friends never friends don't get familiar. And what if I do? Arms will pass through straight-jackets, remember?" Split Personality by Shattermask

"A.M.E.R.I.C.A Home of the free, the sick and depraved!" - America by Motionless in White

"Mindwash the weak, turn them to pawns. Our crying mothers, their dying sons. Forget morality, inject vanity. Upon the alters, of history." - Clash of Cultures by Mechina

And there's more beyond that. Just putting in some that I really like.

Just now, Yuu Xeno said:

@Kyoshi

Wow, that's a lot. Let me guess, you had to look up each of those to type it out? Or do you know them by heart, which is pretty awesome if you ask me. :P

I knew them all by heart actually. XD I listen to music quite a bit. :P Get's me through tough feelings, and those happen a lot so...Things be thinging.

These are the lines I find the most interesting or like singing aloud to:

"Life, it seems, will fade away
Drifting further every day..."
- Fade to Black by Metallica

"There was always Christmas time, to wipe the year away
I guess that morning they'd decided that the war would have to wait"
- December Song (I Dreamed of Christmas) by George Michael

"I see skies obscured, I see no light
Dark freezing days, dark sleepless nights
And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!"
- What a Wonderful World Cover by Ghoul

"I can't remember
I can't recall
The last summer before the fall"
- Cold by Black Sun Aeon

"You'll die as you lived
In the flash of the blade!"
- Flash of the Blade by Iron Maiden

"Everything is paid for tonight
While at the party of the dead dancing in their graves"
- Dancing Dead by A7X

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

"We came out from the deep, to learn to love, learn how to live. We came out from the deep, to avoid the mistakes we made." - Enigma, "Out From The Deep"

"Though sight unseen, I am a masterpiece." - That BlackGryph0n song

"You were called like a curtain, split like a second, broken like a sword stuck in a rock." - Hamsters, "Our Aftermath"

"You may think I'm a tyrant just because you have a curfew, but I'm better than Darth Vader, that's for sure." - Mikey Mason, "Better Than Darth Vader"

"This is my church. This is where I heal my hurts. For tonight - God is a DJ." - Fathless, "God Is A DJ"

"I love my horse friend, I do I do I do! If you do not like horse friend, then I have to say thatstotallyfinebecauseitsyourownopinion-GAAAAASP-" - BlueBrony, "Horse Friend"

"Water ain't dry, sky goes up high, and booger makes a mighty poor glue." - Spider Robinson, "Belaboring The Obvious"

"Best things in life are forbidden, and often come with attached strings." - Jodi Kranger, "Sex & Chocolate"

"Smarter men than any of me tell us there must be worlds where we agree. That's not a metaphor, they did the math." - Glen Raphael, "Quantum Entanglement"

"If you want our advice, if you really loved it, never watch it twice. The show you loved will seem like it lost it, don't live in the past because nostalgia is toxic." - 2d6, "I Brake For Cake"

Edited by Quinch
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Everything stays right where you left it
Everything stays, but it still changes
Ever so slightly, daily and nightly
In little ways when everything stays

- Everything Stays by Rebecca Sugar (sung by Olivia Olson)

They will not force us
They will stop degrading us
They will not control us
We will be victorious 

- Muse - Uprising

Letzte Ausfahrt: Leben
Aus dem Winter meiner Seele
Nur ein kleiner Schritt genügt
Und ich geh' auf neuen Wegen

- Lacrimosa - Letzte Ausfahrt: Leben

Edited by Oleks
  • Brohoof 1

[Verse 1]
Many a sin I have witnessed
And in many indeed I have been
Many a rat I've befriended
And so many a thorn stood between
But of all the demons I've known
None could compare to you

[Pre-Chorus]
Every day that you feed me with hate
I grow stronger!
Every day that you feed me with hate
I grow stronger!

-Ghost - See the Light

"...we're only human, we're meant to dream.

Lost in a life full of mistakes, we do what feels right then fall with no grace.

Chased by the sun, escaping flatlines, dreams are a curse wake up you're alive...

...every day I'm getting a bit older, and every time I break I get stronger.

Every day it's getting a bit colder, when I grow closer... to the devil on my shoulder."

Faith Marie - Devil on my shoulder.

"...I will not 'pologize, I will not walk away.

I will not compromise you'll find I'm here to stay.

'Cuz I'm a fighter a tiger see me walk through fire try chain me up but I'll burst through I'll defy ya,

Set me on fire, watch you conspire, I will defy ya I'll set you on fire..."

AViVA - BRN

"...'till slowly I forget and my heart starts vanishing and suddenly I see that I can't break free, I'm

Swooping through the cracks of the dark eternity with nothing but my pain and paralizing agony,

to tell me who I am, who I was uncertainty enveloping my mind 'till I can't break free, and

Maybe it's a dream? Maybe nothing else is real? But it wouldn't mean a thing if I told you how I feel.

So I'm tired of all the pain, all the misery inside, and I wish that I could live feeling nothing but the night.

You can tell me what to say, you can tell me where to go, but I doubt that I would care and my heart would never know.

If I make another move, there will be no turning back, because everything will change and it all will fade to black.

Will tomorrow ever come? Will I make it through the night? Will there ever be a place for the broken in the light?

Am I hurting am I sad? Should I stay or should I go? I've forgotten how to tell, did I ever even know?

This time you're not hurting me, this time I will make my stand,  all the hatred in my eyes building up an evil plan.

Standing lonely in the night, with the darkness by my side, looking deep into myself and revealing only fright.

If I make another move, if I take another step, then it all would fall apart, there'll be nothing of me left.

If I'm crying in the wind, if I'm crying in the night, will there ever be a way, will my heart return to white?..."

Touhou - Bad Apple English ver.

I swear I'll be back to this thread. There's just too many great lyrics that I wish to share!

"They made me think I was crazy! And that the fate wants you to stay! But now that I've found the answer, I'm never ever going to lose my way! EVER AGAIN!" - Ever Again by Andrew W.K.

"Somebody make a move, somebody make a move, please somebody make a move! We all know, we all know what's going on!" - Make a Move by Icon for Hire

"I am not a bad man! But I do very bad things! SUCH HORRIBLE THINGS! BUT IT'S NOT QUITE WHAT IT SEEMS! ...AW HELL! IT'S EXACTLY WHAT IT SEEMS!" - Such Horrible Things by Creature Feature

"I know what I believe inside! I'm awake and I'M ALIVE!" - Awake and Alive by Skillet

"I'll make you wish you had a soul to sell when I strike you down and send you straight to hell!" - Battle theme from Devil May Cry 4

"Any way the wind blows, doesn't really matter to me...TO ME." Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen

"I ain't happy! I'm feeling glad! I got sunshine...in a bag! I'm useless, but not for long! The future...is coming on." - Clint Eastwood by Gorillaz

"I won't stop fighting cuz I'm not done yet! You're gonna regret! This time...I won't let you forget! You're not gonna get away this time! I'll strike when you're blind! You'll awake...just to find you are mine!" - Getting Stronger by BlackGryph0n

"And we'll all float on okay...and we'll all float on anyway!" - Float On by Modest Mouse

"Did we get this far just to feel your hate? Did we play to become only pawns in your game? How blind can you be? Don't you see? You chose the long road, but we'll be waiting..." - Bye Bye Beautiful by Nightwish

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself, and make the CHANGE!" - Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson

"I'm gonna change you like a remix! Then I'll raise you like a phoenix!" - The Phoenix by Fall Out Boy

"Gotta have high, high hopes for a living! Shooting for the sky when I couldn't make a killing! Didn't have a dime but I always had a vision! Always had high, high hopes!" - High Hopes by Panic! at the Disco

"We'll all carry on! When our brothers-in-arms are gone! So raise your glass high for tomorrow we die! And return from the ashes you call!" - Mama by My Chemical Romance

"Look around you, look beyond. You can make an unbreakable bond! The world around you is not what it seems. It's all revealed beyond your wildest dreams!" - Opening theme from the English dub of Shaman King

• Brohoof 1

Life is so boring, it's really got me snoring 

I'm wearing out the flooring in a cheap motel

But I don't have to work

And I might be sinning

Be I'm never gonna have to hear the rings of school bells

I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell

I know right now you can't tell

But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see
A different side of me
I'm not crazy, I'm just a little impaired
I know right now you don't care
But soon enough you're gonna think of me
And how I used to be, me

--How I Used to Be, Matchbox Twenty

This chorus speaks to me very well

• Brohoof 1

"You can't start a fire

Worrying 'bout your little world falling apart

This gun's for hire

Even if we're just dancing in the dark."

Dancing in The Dark by Bruce Springsteen 

"I never felt happy somehow, But I'm trying, I'm trying the best I can.

I really wanna feel happy sometimes, Really wanna know where the lights are, But it only feels so wrong.

It's eating me alive." - Novelists - Monochrome

Spoiler

• Brohoof 2

"Never tell yourself
You should be someone else
Stand up tall and say
I’m not afraid, I’m not afraid
So never tell yourself
You should be someone else
Stand up tall and say
I’m not afraid, I’m not afraid"

This one is from We Are by One OK Rock. <3

• 1 year later...

One of my favorite line's from a song is Overdrive's Three Corners to Nowhere.

"I feel as if I'm drifting, floating on through space
I've lost all track of time, or reference of my place
All I see is water swirling below my feet
And my empty lifeboat, of which I cannot reach"

Oh I have several of those lol.

"The way the dashboard glow is hittin' your eyes, it's makin' me lose everything on my mind" ~ Slow Dance in a Parking Lot by Jordan Davis

"I grew up in it
I got stuck in it
Playin' our song on the stereo
Drivin' 'til we ran outta road
I broke up in it
I fell in love in it
Made a lifetime full of memories
On a half tank of gasoline
I learned just who I wasn't and who I was
In that old truck" ~ That Old Truck by Thomas Rhett 

"Why am I 2 A.M. pickin' up my phone and you're standin' in my porch light
Backsliding
Wearin' your old t-shirt in the mornin', it feels so right
Backsliding
We say we won't, but then we do the same old thing fallin' right back in
Say it's gonna be the last time
Backsliding, I'm backsliding" ~ Backsliding by Carrie Underwood 

"If you like causin' trouble up in hotel rooms

And if you like havin' secret little rendezvous

If you like to do the things you know that we shouldn't do...than baby I'm perfect, baby I'm perfect for you

And if you like midnight drivin' with the windows down

And if you like going places we can't even pronounce

If you like to do whatever you been dreaming about, than baby you're perfect" ~ Perfect by One Direction 

"Silverado, candy painted
Ray Ban's got the whole world shaded
Chrome piece tucked in the console
Riding high, roll up on the down low
Feeling lucky, got hooked up with some Kentucky clear
So slide that little sugar shaker over here
And get your shine on
'Cause you and me be rocking all night long
Summer sky dripped in rhinestones
Turn your party lights on, baby get your shine on" ~ Get Your Shine on by Florida Georgia Line 

“When his Pontiac's in the driveway and his eyes are midnight blue
Take a deep breath
Do the opposite of what you wanna do, make him wait” Make Him Wait by Abby Anderson

Man I have so many.. might add later on but for now.

1. ”Oh, Rock'n'Roll I gave you all the best years of my life All the teeny sunny Sundays, all the moonless summer nights I was so busy in the bed room, writing love songs to you.But you were changing your direction and I never even knew That I was always just one step behind you”

2. “I'll never let you seeThe way my broken heart is hurting me
I've got my pride and I know how to hide
All the sorrow and pain
I'll do my crying in the rain”

3, “When you're at home alone, the blues will taunt you constantly
When you're out in a crowd, those blues will haunt your memory”

4. “I look at you all, see the love there that's sleeping
While my guitar gently weeps
Look at you all
Still my guitar gently weeps”

5. “I bet on losing dogs
I know they're losing and I pay for my place
By the ring
Where I'll be looking in their eyes when they're down
I'll be there on their side
I'm losing by their side”

6. “People, don't you understand
The child needs a helping hand
Or he'll grow to be an angry young man some day?
Take a look at you and me
Are we too blind to see
Do we simply turn our heads, and look the other way”

• Brohoof 1