Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Love Between Two Gamer's (1 x 1 between Dynamo Pad and AzureMoon)

Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles and nods as she would hold onto her own handles behind her and begun to dance to the song. She would look over to Dynamo and smile at him, as she was really enjoying the day.

Dusk would nod and thank Gentle before taking the basketball, he'd hold it up and frown "Nana, c-can you hold me up, please? I can't see the hoops"

@AzureMoon

Dynamo looked over to Broken and smiled as it looked to be in sync with the dance steps. To the blue unicorn, he couldn't complain about the kind of day he had been having. Being able to spend time with Broken and Dusk was all the gaming stallion could ask for. It was even better that they got to spend time with his mother and old boss. As the song came to and end, Dynamo took a seat and sighed. "I forgot how awesome this dancing machine is. The only reason is because of the arcade in Ponyville doesn't really have that same dance machine. Sure, there's a Guitar Hero game, but it doesn't feel the same. Maybe we should try to talk Button into adding a dancing machine. What do you think sweetheart?" 

Gentle had a look of concern as she saw Dusk frown, before smiling with a nod at his question. "Of course, sweetie. Just one moment." The periwinkle unicorn lifted the young colt up, until he was sitting on her shoulders. She made sure to keep her balance, while making sure not to drop her grandson. "Okay, Dusky. Go ahead and try to make some hoops."

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile "I'm sure we can do that, as I am pretty sure having a couple of PPR machines in the arcade would certainly bring in more customers" she'd say, hugging him and then looking over to see Dusk and Gentle bonding over the hoops game, she smiles "Well it would seem that our son and your mom is bonding quite nicely, which is really nice" she would say, giving Dynamo another hug "so, I chose the game last time, what would you want to play this time? or perhaps we join in on the hoops and skeetball?" she suggests

Dusk smiles "thank you nana" he'd say as he'd then throw the ball and landing it in the net, he cheers quite happily.

@AzureMoon

Dynamo smiled with the nod at Broken's confirmation. "That sounds good to me. We'll just need to talk to Button and see what he thinks. It's good to give him your input as you said you might be working at the arcade, as well. It would be cool to change up the arcade games from time to time. Sort of changing up the scene to bring in more customers, or new kinds of tournaments." He would say, returning the hug as he looked over to see Dusk and Gentle. He smiled as the two were bonding as they played arcade games. "I think that's really sweet. Dusky really seemed really attached to my mom upon meeting her. Now I wonder if our son will like to get to know uncle Pinball." He chuckled, before giving Broken another hug. "Hmm...I'm all for joining up on the hoops and skeetball games. Either that, or did you want to play some air hockey?" 

"You're welcome, Dusky." Gentle says, smiling as the young colt threw the ball into the basket. Every threw he made, Gentle made sure to grab the ball and hand it to Dusk. All the while, making sure he had enough time to make baskets with the timer going down. 

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile and nod, hopping off of the machine and waiting for Dynamo "I'm sure he'd be all for updating the arcade" she would say "Brings in more business" she smiles some "Hey before we go join your mom and Dusky, I'm gonna grab some snacks, do you want anything?" she asks Dynamo, getting out her purse.

@AzureMoon

"Button will definitely want more business when customer's and gamer's try and show up. I had a few ideas on how to improve the arcade. One, in particular, was possibly Ogres and Oubliettes. Maybe there could be a certain day or two that we could get a campaign set up and running. So, not only video games, but also board/card games, as well. Maybe the arcade can become the jack of all trades." Dynamo suggested with a smile. At the mention of snacks, he nodded as he stepped off of the dance machine. "Snacks sound good right about now. I guess I'll take some chips and a soda, please. Do you want me to go with you and help you carry the snacks, babe?"

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles and boops his nose "Such a nerd" she giggles and nods "But I agree, maybe if we can convince Button to include board games as well, that'd be amazing" she would then smile and nod "And sure, it'd be great to get some help to carry the snacks, also you'd know what kind of snacks and drinks your mom likes"

@AzureMoon

Dynamo stuck his tongue out at Broken, before chuckling. "I may be a nerd, but I'm a proud nerd. Plus, isn't playing video games considered being a nerd? If so, then that means you're a nerd too, but then again. You'll always be my nerd." He smiled, wiggling his nose as he felt Broken boop said nose. "Awesome. It would help bring in some variety to the arcade. Plus, this way we would get some board game players to play video games and vice versa." He smiled with a nod as he followed Broken to the snack area. "It's better to have support than to take things on your own. Also, my mom loves corn chips and crackers. Along with her favorite drink would be ginger-ale."

@Dynamo Pad

Broken laughs "Well yes that is  true" she would say "Better a nerd than a jock" she would say and kiss him, walking with him to the counter "And your mom has simple tastes, it would seem" she smiles "As for me, it's honey comb coated popcorn and cherry cola" she'd say, "How about yours, what is your favorite?" she'd ask.

Meanwhile, Dusk had finished playing the hoops games, "I wanna play the skeetball now, please nana"

(edited)

@AzureMoon

"Ouch. That's a little harsh to say, babe. Although, I guess I can see what you're talking about." Dynamo chuckled as he walked over to the counter. "I guess it's better to be simple than to be complicated. That way, things don't become too confusing or impossible." He smiles and kisses Broken back. "I'm more of a fan to orange cola, but I can respect cherry cola. Some of my favorite snacks are popcorn, chips, pretzel bites and pizza. It all depends on what they have to offer at the arcade, but I'm always open to try different things."

Meanwhile, the buzzer to the hoops game had been sounded. Signalling that it was the end of the game. "Great job, Dusky. You managed to score a decent amount of points. That's what I call great teamwork." Gentle would say, before nodding at his request. "Of course we can, sweetie. Just let me put you back down and then we can go over to the skeet-ball games." She would say, lifting Dusk off of her shoulders to places his feet back onto the ground. She then took his hand so he wouldn't get lost, before making their way over towards the skeet-ball machine.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile and nod "I'm always willing to compromise if the place we're at doesn't have what I'd like" she says with a smile "and orange cola? I think I might give that a try though, I do have a concoction I used to make. It's a mix of the 'Not Orange' V and Cola, it's quite good actually" she would say, arriving at the Costner. She looks at the snack selection and raise an eyebrow and sigh, "Well no honeycomb coated popcorn, so, let's see...hmm oh, some crisps would be good, I'll go with the cheddar cheese flavor"

Dusk smiles and hugs Gentle "Thank you for the help, nana" he would say as he is helped off of the machine and then leads her to the skeet-ball games.

@AzureMoon

Dynamo listened to Broken's response, before smiling and nodding in understanding. "I'm all about compromising if they don't have the cola that I usually have. It's always good to have a variety of beverages so you won't have to rely on once beverage option. I always choose water too if I'm out of options on beverages." He chuckled, before raising an eyebrow in curiosity. "A concoction of beverage combinations? Now that sounds rather interesting. I've never heard of the former beverage, but cola is always good. I know cola isn't good for everyone, but one can't help in enjoying said beverage." He would say as the reached the counter. He looked around and made sure to grab the necessary belongings, before hearing Broken sigh. He was about to respond, before Pinball stepped in. "Sorry about that, Broken. I forgot to restock. Not many ponies and creatures ask for honeycomb coated popcorn nowadays. I might try to actually bring that back. Along with adding other popcorn flavors to boot." He would say, Dynamo smiling at his old teacher. "That sounds like a great idea, sir. Cheddar cheese flavor sounds good, but I'm always more of a classic/standard kind of pony."

"You're welcome, sweetie. Nana is always here to help her grandson." Gentle smiled as he began leading her over towards the skeet-ball games. "Do you happen to have a high score in this game, Dusky? Perhaps Nana can help you in getting a new record. At the very least, the main point is always about having fun." She would say with a nod.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken chuckles a little and nods to Pinball "It's all good Wiz, can't expect you to stock something that isn't selling fast" she says "So yeah I'll have the crisps and the cherry cola, thanks" she says as she pays for the snacks. "Oh and yeah, think you can maybe help us convince Button to expand his arcade to include more games and even board games?" she'd ask.

Dusk giggles "I do, back home" he would say and nod "Okay nana, let's play this together"

@AzureMoon

Pinball chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders. "Eh. You learn a lot from working at an arcade as gamer's come and go. Sometimes some ideas work, while other ideas just fail as they begin. It's all about the timing and planning." Dynamo chuckled as he nodded in agreement. "You can say that again, sir. After all, you were the one who taught me everything there was to know about what video games were. Being your apprentice helped as I learned a lot of how to take care of an arcade. Plus, working in the arcade at Ponyville is a lot of fun. It's a lot of work and not easy at times, but it's always worth it to see the smiles of all those gamer's who step into said arcade. Also, I'll take some chips and the orange soda." He would say, placing his payment for some of the snacks. "Hmm...I think I can do that. Perhaps I'll give that knucklehead a call to make sure he's got the shop still running. I do like the idea you two have got. More games is always a given. However, board games and card games is perfect. It would help bring in more players to try out everything. Sort of the jack of all trades sort of idea. It's genius."

"Oh, so my grandson is actually an expert at this game. Sounds like I have some competition on beating your high score." She chuckled, before nodding. "Okay, sweetie. Should we play the game on the same lane, or should we have separate lanes?" She wondered as she thought it would be nice to help Dusk in getting a high score. Even though she trusted him in what he had said.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken nods with a smile "Last I knew Button still had the shop running" she says with a chuckle "He actually just got a new employee recently, a nice mare who is also one of my mother's colleagues. Her son is actually Dusky's first friend" she smiles, looking over to where Dusk and Gentle were, smiling and holding Dynamo close "He is our little angel" she smiles, sighing softly, "I'm just really glad he warmed up to you as quickly as he did, dear" she kisses Dynamo, then looks to Pinball "You are coming to the you know what still, right?"

Dusky smiles and looks to Gentle "same lane, I like playing with you, nana"

@AzureMoon

Dynamo nodded with a smile. "I can vouch for Broken on that as what she said was spot on. With a new employee, the arcade is running more like clockwork. With Broken saying that she might work alongside us in the same arcade, then I can imagine the job will be a lot more fun. I can imagine bringing Dusky with us whenever he doesn't have school. That way, one of us will be there for him if he ever needed help with anything." He says, being held closely by Broken. He smiled as he wraps an arm around her shoulder and nods. "He'll always be our little angel and our sweet child. I'm glad he warmed up to me, as well. I was expecting a sort of resistance or something along those lines. Since I know that some kids don't usually take a liking to others right away, but I'm glad Dusk is different." He kisses Broken back as Pinball nodded at the question. "Are you kidding me? I wouldn't plan on missing that. I still have to bring the surprises, after all." He says, giving the two a wink as he tried to be subtle in not spoiling the surprise.

Gentle nodded sweetly as she scanned the car on the machine to start up the game. "The same lane it is, then. I like playing these games with you too, Dusky. It was fun playing hoops and we were able to work together. Now, we can still work together even now." She would say, as the skeet-balls rolled down the slot for them to take. She took two as she handed one for the young bat colt. "There you go, dear. Just be careful, let's do our best, but above all else. Let's have fun." She would say, rolling the skeet-ball as it landed in the twenty point slot.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile "I was worried about that as well, but mom and I did do our best to raise him to be more open" she would say, cuddling close to Dynamo and nods some more "Wonderful, well you can always check up on the arcade then" she says with a chuckle.

Dusk smiles as he would pick up the first ball, aiming for the 100 points and throws it

@AzureMoon

"I'm just really thankful and happy he was open towards me and saw me as a sort of father figure. I do feel bad for Mr. Pinball. I noticed that Dusk seemed a little skittish around him. Maybe it's because he's a lot older than we are and he seems like a towering figure?" He wondered, before smiling as Broken cuddled him close. "It's a good thing we are unicorns. Otherwise, I'd be worried about dropping our snacks and drinks. Although, I can't deny cuddles and hugs from my sweetheart." He chuckled, leaning over and kissing her cheek. "Thank you and I think I will. It's always nice to drop by and make some inspections every now and then. Plus, I'll probably scare and/or prank our good friend, Button." Pinball responded with a sly grin and chuckle.

Gentle watched as Dusk picked up a skeet-ball, before he aimed it at the 100 points. "You can do this, sweetie. Just do your best as Nana is always proud of you." She would say as he took the skeet-ball and threw it.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smile and then go over to the hoops game, swiping her card and waiting for the basketballs to come down the slope. The moment they do, she grabs a ball and throws it, getting a 3 pointer score.

Dusk smiles and nods, aiming and throwing the ball, though it only landed in a 30 point pot. He frowns but picks up another skeet ball and throws it, landing it in the 500 point pot.

@AzureMoon

Upon making their way to the hoops game, Dynamo placed their food and drinks down as he watched Broken play the game. Once the basketballs rolled down the slope, he watched Broken pick up a ball and tossing it. Whistling in astonishment as she had instantly scored 3 points. "Very impressive, sweetheart. Did you want to play that game together, or did you want to play the hoop games separately? Also, I just wanted to let you know that I placed the food and drinks off to the side. That way, nobody doesn't knock anything over and nobody will take our stuff." He would say with a smile.

Gentle noticed the frown as Dusk had only scored 30 points in the last roll. She wanted to reassure him that he's doing fine, but stopped as the next skeet-ball landed in the 500 point slot. "There you go, Dusky! I knew you could do it!" She cheered as she rolled the next skeet-ball into the 40 point slot. The game continued until there was one skeet-ball left. She took said skeet-ball and handed it over to the young colt. "Last one and I want you to have the honor's, sweetie. Do you best and you've got this."

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles "How about we play as a team" she says "Just like in life, we play as a team" she would say, picking up the ball and throwing it, scoring another 3 pointer, waiting for Dynamo to score his.

Dusk smiles and nods, picking up the ball "Mommy says, while you get a great feeling from winning a game, it's all about having fun" he would say, aiming and landing another 500 point jackpot.

@AzureMoon

Dynamo grins at the mention of working together. "You've got a deal, sweetheart. We always make a great team together. That, and I couldn't ask for a better teammate than my girlfriend." He kissed her cheek as he picked up a ball, before throwing it and scoring his own 3 pointer. He quickly grabbed another ball to hand over to Broken, while he went to grab one basketball for him to throw.

"It sounds like your mommy knows some great advice. Plus, it sounds like she learned a lot from Mr. Pinball. Considering that your daddy learned the very same lesson from him." Gentle would say, watching as Dusk had aimed and landed the skeet-ball in the 500 point jackpot. "You did it, Dusky! Great job! I knew you could do it, sweetie! Nana is so proud of you!" She cheered, picking Dusk up and spinning him around, before pulling the young colt into a tight hug.

@Dynamo Pad

Broken would smiles and nod as she accepted the ball from Dynamo, scoring a 5 pointer "Boo yah" she cheers and hugs Dynamo before it was his turn "After this, how about some air hockey or we play some skeetball of our own?" she asks

Dusk giggles as he gets the jackpot and is then spun around and hugged by his nana, he hugs her back, nuzzling into the embrace.

@AzureMoon

Dynamo watched as Broken scored a five pointer, before returning the embrace. "Huzzah! My sweetheart is going for an all time record!" He cheered alongside her, before scoring another three pointer. "I'm up for some air hockey and even some skeet-ball. Perhaps we can play one and then the others. Who says we can't play both games? The arcade has any and all games for us, for Dusky and for my mom to enjoy." He would say, before handing her another basketball to throw.

Gentle giggled once more as she continued to hug her grandson, while returning the nuzzle. She looked down to see how many tickets they had already won. "Look at all of those tickets, sweetie. We won all of those, but you did most of the work. This is most impressive and something to be proud about. Have you been saving up for a prize that you've wanted?" 

@Dynamo Pad

-small time skip-

Broken smiles as she had exhausted her list of the games she wanted to play with Dynamo and had noticed that Dusk was quite tried now. She would smile, going over to Gentle "I think it is time, we all went home, tomorrow is a big day after all" she'd say to her, gently lifting Dusk into her arms and smiling a little.