Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private The Love Between Two Gamer's (1 x 1 between Dynamo Pad and AzureMoon)

Dynamo Pad

@Dynamo Pad

Broken chuckles "Oh come on, you both helped. I doubt we would have survived that drunk's attacks if Button hadn't called the guard, so you both kept me safe" she says, hugging him before looking around and smiling a little, "And yeah it is, and you'd think that playing it with a friend would be easier, but  there's friendly fire. If you accidentally hit your teammate enough times, they die" she says and chuckles "and yeah I saw how they tried rerunning the original series" she smiles at him "So Gauntlet then?" she asks

@Mika Greymist

Dynamo kept pouting as Broken hugged him, but he returned the hug and smiled playfully. "I know and I'm sorry about that. I just felt like I did a lot compared to Button. I'm grateful he got the guards in time, but I felt as though I could keep you safe from that stallion. I know more than just playing video games, you know." He says, before continuing. "I'm not much of a fighter, but I can defend myself and others. Hopefully it won't ever have to come to that." He couldn't help, but chuckle and agree with her statement. "I know what you mean. A lot of the guys at my old game shop would attack their teammates. They did that just to get a laugh and see the reaction of their friends. It doesn't help that I've seen that on YouTube videos. It's like a rule, you know? You laugh, then you feel bad, then you go right back to laughing." He smiles at her. "Who's your favorite ranger? I would have to say Red because I liked how they were the leader. That was until Tommy became the leader, I think. I'm also game for Gauntlet and/or Power Rangers. I would say surprise me on whatever you want to play, sweetheart."

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles and nods as she looks at the machine "How about Gauntlet? Been a while since I played a classic like this" she says, leading him to the machine "Hey Button, think you could put my tracks on again? there's a specific track, track...4 I think" she says and waits for the song to start.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opOUwDc1O-Q

@Mika Greymist

Dynamo inspected the game machine and nodded in confirmation. "That sounds good to me. We can always play the Power Ranger game later on. Besides, I haven't had a chance to play gauntlet before. So, this would be a good opportunity to try out the classics." He says as Broken lead him over to the machine. Button grinned and nods at the request. "You've got it, Broken! Just to remind you both." He instructed to both Dynamo and Broken. "I'll be sure to play one song from each of you. So, we'll add some good songs to the mix." He says, before putting on track four on Broken's playlist. Dynamo smiled as he rocked to the beat of the song. "This is a song I can get used to listening to." He grins, turning his attention to the mare next to him. "So, what do you say? Ready to set an awesome record together?"

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles "Sounds good to me Button" she says as she goes to select her character, which was the fighter of course and then looks to Dynamo "Do you really think Button and my mom would get on? I mean I hope they do" she says, waiting for him to select his character and  then looks around, smiling as she saw Dusk trying to play another racing game "Good boy Dusk" she says softly "You're making mummy proud"

@Mika Greymist

Dynamo looks to Broken, before taking a moment to think and nods. "I didn't get a chance to talk to you mom, but she sounds really nice. I think the two of them will be great together. Do you know if they would have anything in common?" He asks while trying to look through the available characters to play in Gauntlet. He ran a hand through his mane as he couldn't make heads or tails of the game. "What character would you recommend for a rookie? This is my first time playing the game, so I'm not sure how the game works." He chuckles sheepishly, while giving her a confused expression upon his face. He looks over to Dusk, who was playing a different racing game. "Good job, buddy. Show everyone what it means to be a true gamer." He whispers quietly, so as to not ruin the concentration of the other gamer's in the arcade.  

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles as she taps her foot for a bit "Hmm  maybe cleric, that way you can use magic to heal me or yourself while being a tank like a fighter" she says "That way you won't die so quickly and have more fun with it for your first time around" she says as she smiles at him "and yeah well believe it or not, my mum loves video games just as much as we do, but with her work, it's kind of hard for her to find time these days" she says softly.

@Mika Greymist

Dynamo nods while looking for the specific character that Broken was talking about. He scrolled through the list, until he stopped at the Cleric class type. He smiled as he selected his character, while listening to how the Cleric worked. "Thank you for the advice and that makes sense. I think a Cleric can also revive you if you lose, or something like that. So, we can watch each other's backs and complete the video game." He smiles back at her and was psyched to begin playing the video game. He raises an eyebrow in surprise at the mention of Broken's mom had played video game. "That's something you don't see every day. I guess your mom was the one who got you into video games?" He asks, while frowning, but nodding in understanding. "I know what you mean by that. It's always difficult to find time to work on the things that you can be passionate about. Hopefully, you're mom will find time to play video games again. Maybe meeting Button will help her find some inspiration, or something like that." He says as he places a comforting hand upon Broken's shoulder. 

@Dynamo Pad

Broken smiles and nods "Yeah, she just sleeps mostly during the day, she does a lot of work for Luna" she says "Night Guard and all, she's uhm..kind of how I met Dusk's father" she says somewhat blushing as she then starts the game, guiding Dynamo on how to play it and his character. "I'm sure my mum and Button would get along real well." she says just as the aforementioned mare walks in.

Broken looks up and smiles "Mum's here" she says as Dusk sees her, drops his controller to the game he was playing and runs to her, hugging her.

"Hey there sweetie, I thought I'd come play some games before going shopping for tonight's dinner"  she says, hugging Dusk close to her and smiling "You two doing okay?" she asks Dynamo and Broken.

@Mika Greymist

Dynamo whistles in astonishment and nods. "Oh, wow. That makes sense when you put it that way. Since she works for Luna, I guess that means she has a night shift. Having that kind of schedule must be a nightmare." He smiles sheepishly at his unintended pun. He noticed the blush upon Broken's cheeks and frowned slightly. He shook his head to try and rid himself of any jealous feelings. "How did she help you and Dusk's father meet? Also, I know I might not be able to replace Dusk's father, but hopefully I'll be a good boyfriend and a good father figure." He watches as Broken guided him on how to play the game. He smiles as he was starting to figure the game out, before the duo played through the game like it was nothing. "I think both Button and your mom will get along well. Button has been feeling a little lonely as of late, so I think getting to know your mom will be good for him." He nods in agreement as Broken's mom had stepped into the arcade.

Dynamo noticed Dusk dropping the controller and ran to Broken's mom. All the while the ponies that were playing against Dusk were yelling about how the game was over. He chuckled at the scene, before he turned his attention over to Broken's mom. "Hello ma'am and I'm doing okay. Broken was showing me an old video game that she likes to play." Button could hear the door opened and looked to see who had stepped into the shop. He stopped momentarily as he saw a lovely mare had suddenly appeared. He had never seen someone, who looked so beautiful before. He shook his head and decided to act professional, but he had a slight blush upon his cheeks. "Welcome to the arcade! I don't believe I've met you before. I'm doing okay, as well. Thank you for asking. I hope that you're doing okay yourself. Is there anything that I can help you with, Miss...?"

@Dynamo Pad

Broken's mother smiles "Miss Night Shadow" she says with a smile and looks Button over, thinking to herself "Gee, when the Captain said he was cute, she wasn't exaggerating" she blushes a little "It is nice to meet you too, mr Button, and I just thought I'd spend some time with my family before I shop for tonight's dinner" she then looks to Dynamo and Broken and shakes her head "So, what games do you have here? Anything an old mare like would enjoy?" she asks, before letting go of Dusk who went over to a single player game.

Broken giggles "Just sit back and watch the fireworks happen" she whispers to Dynamo as they continued to play Gauntlet "The flirting hasn't even started yet, just wait until dinner and we're in a more private setting" she giggles.

Night Shadow giggles and looks over to the two "Gauntlet is a real classic, have fun kids" she says as she then hooks arms with Button "shall we?"

@Mika Greymist

Button could only smile and nod. "Miss Night Shadow, huh? That's a lovely name for a lovely mare, such as yourself." He says, while not noticing the blush upon Night's face. He nods in understanding and waves his hand to her. "There's no need to explain, Night. It's nice to be able to spend time with family." He says as she turned her attention to Dynamo and Broken. "Seems like those two make a lovely couple, huh?" He asks Night, while checking to make sure that everything at the counter was in order. He looks back to Night, who was asking if there was any video games that she would like to play. "Hmm...it honestly depends on what you like to play. We have an array of many games. From old classics to the up to date new games. What kind of video games do you like to play?"

Dynamo just leaned against the game machine and watched the show beginning to play out. "If only I had a snack and a drink, then I would watch the fireworks happen." He whispers back and chuckles at the cute interaction between Button and Night. He continued to play Gauntlet and nods. "I wonder if that will happen to us when it comes to dinner tonight. I can only imagine how things can turn out. Like mother, like daughter, huh?" He asks and chuckles along with Broken.

Button was surprised as Night hooked her arm with his own. He blushed, but he couldn't help, but smile and nod. "I have to watch the front counter, but I think that will be just fine." He leads the way through the many arcade machines, but looks back to the other couple in the arcade. "Dynamo? Can you make sure to watch the front, while I'm away?" He asks as Dynamo nods. "You've got it, Button. I'm playing the game, but I'm still watching the front. Have a nice time, my friend."

@Dynamo Pad

Broken chuckles "I could be wrong, just look at those two" she giggles and then loses a lift in the game "Aaw, oh well, I'll take seeing mum happy over this any time" she says, kissing Dynamo's cheek before looking around, "O-oh dear, Dusk seems a little down, why don't we call it a day for games, or at least I could maybe watch the front and you could spend some quality time with him?" she suggests to Dynamo.

Night smiles and gently rests her head on his shoulder as she thought of a game for them to play "Well I'm an old mare who enjoys the classics, so aside from Gauntlet, what games do you have to offer me?" she asks as she gave him a small nibble on his ear. "I really must thank you and Dynamo for protecting my Broken Record, losing her would be bad enough for me, but for Dusk..he'd be devastated.."

@Mika Greymist

Dynamo chuckles and shakes his head. "Nah. I wouldn't say that you're wrong. I mean, those two seem to have good chemistry with each other." He says as he had lost a life in the game, as well. "Oh, man." He sighs, before smiling. "Oh, well. If Button gets himself a girlfriend, then it's worth it." He blushes slightly as he felt Broken kissing his cheek. He raises an eyebrow as he looks to see Broken looking at her son. He smiles and nods at her suggestion. "That sounds good to me. Maybe I can get to know Dusk a little more." He says as he began making his way towards Dusk. "Hey, Dusk. Is everything okay, little buddy? What's wrong?" He says, kneeling down, so both he and Dusk were at eye level.

Button smiles softly as he felt Night rest her head upon his shoulder. "Well...we have plenty of retro video games. Such as Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc. It really all depends on what video games you're interested in. Sometimes the games switch every week, or so. However, the retro games switch every two to three weeks. Given that they are old games and are pretty classic, in my opinion." He gasped as Night slightly nibbled on his ear. He bit his bottom lip as he felt a blush appear on his cheeks. "Y-You don't have to thank us, Night. We just did what we thought was right." 

@Dynamo Pad

Broken chuckles and nods "Same goes for my mom" she says as she makes her way to the front counter, waiting for any new customers to walk in and ask any questions, top up their cards etc..

Dusk looks down "The others don't want me to play with them anymore, they said I ruined the game when I ran over to nana" he says somewhat sadly "W-will you play some games with me Dynamo?" he asks, his ears perking up just a little.

Night smiles as she leans on Button some more "You'd be surprised just how many ponies would just stand by and watch" she says somewhat sadly but then her ears perk up "Hmm how about Super Mario? If you've got Super Mario 3, we can take turns" she says, patting his arm gently.

@MyNameisScarlet

Dynamo frowned as he listened to why Dusk was feeling upset. He placed a hand upon Dusk's head and ruffled his mane lightly. "Don't listen to them, Dusk. You were happy to see your nana. She makes you happy because she's your family. If the others don't want to play with you, then it's their loss. They're missing out on playing against a really awesome pony. That, and they probably have an ego and wouldn't do the same thing you did." He smiles and nods wholeheartedly at the request of the young bat pony. "Of course I will. I heard that you love gaming and I want to get to know you more, little buddy." He hoisted the little colt, so that Dusk was sitting upon his shoulders, Dynamo chuckled as the two walked around the arcade. "Is there any game that you want to play, Dusk? Just remember what your mother said. We don't want you playing any mature games until you are older." He reminded the young bat pony, but made sure to not sound rude or commanding.

Button could only nod sadly at Night's remark. "I don't think I'd be surprised, to be honest. Most ponies would be too afraid to take action and prevent any danger from happening. I'm just glad Dynamo was able to be different than the others, as well as myself, who got the guards into the building." He grinned and nods happily, as the two made their way over to the arcade machine. "Of course we do! That's a classic that can never be taken out of the store. Plus, it's two player. So, we can take turns whenver we finish a stage in the game." He says as he stepped up to the game and set the game up for the two of them. He turned back to the mare that had accompanied him. All the while raising just the most curious raises of his eyebrow. "Which character were you up to playing as? I know it's only Mario and Luigi, but I'm good with either of the two brothers." 

@Dynamo Pad

Dusk giggles as he is hoisted onto Dynamo’s shoulders “Well it looks like mama and me Button are playing Mario but maybe we could play some Zelda?” He asks happily, holding onto Dynamo so he wouldn’t fall.

Night smiles “It really does this old mare’s heart some good, knowing there are still some good ponies like yourself and Dynamo around” she says and then thinks for a moment “I’d like to go as Mario”

@MyNameisScarlet

Dynamo looked over to see that both Button and Night were playing a Mario game of their own. He hummed at the thought of playing a Zelda game, before nodding at the great idea. "I think I can live with that. I haven't played a Zelda game in such a long time. Which game were you thinking of playing together, Dusk? I think there's the one called Four Sword Adventure, or something like that." He thought out loud as he walked around to find the Zelda game that they could play. "Speaking of Legend of Zelda. Which one is your favorite game to play? I would have to say either Twilight Princess or The Wind Waker."

Button smiled as he noticed Dynamo and Dusk were heading to a Zelda game. "I think it'll be even better knowing that both Broken and Dusk will have Dynamo in their lives. Hopefully he'll make a great impression for you, Night." He chuckled as he nodded in agreement. "That sounds good to me. You get Mario and I get Luigi. Ladies first, after all. Besides, Luigi gets no love from gamer's. He's pretty cool and gets some good adventures, in my opinion. I also hope I'm making a good impression, as well." He finished setting up as he and Night were about to start Super Mario Brothers 3. 

@Dynamo Pad

Dusk thinks for a moment "I like the old Nintendo 64 ones, Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time" he says "though mummy recently got me a Switch and Breath of the Wild, and it's really awesome. I like how the developers kept to the canon mostly, but amped up the graphics and gameplay" he says excitedly as he pointed to the Zelda machine "Over there" he says even more excitedly "And we could play the Legend of Zelda, take turns each time one of us loses a life"

Night smiles as she looks over "I am more than positive that young Dynamo has made a good impression on my Broken and Dusk, Dusk especially" she says and smiles a little "and he certainly has made a good impression on me, you'd be surprised how many stallions would run away from Broken, knowing she has a son" she says with a sigh "Same goes for me, even  though Broken is a young mare now, some still don't like the idea" she then smiles "And you're certainly well on your way of making a good impression on me" she says, wiggling her eyebrows at him and giggling "Alright then, lets go for it" she says as she starts the game. "Plus you do know that those two are trying to hook us up, you know?"

@Akari Maverick

Dynamo smiles and nods at Dusk's choice in games. "I think those are excellent choices in games. You can't go wrong with the classics. Plus, it was it was interesting story telling and how they followed a story." He chuckles and and nods once more, before continuing. "I remember getting a switch last year around the holidays. The only known games I got are both Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I haven't had time to pick up Breath of the Wild, but I heard the game was breathtaking. I remember there's a Zelda timeline for the games and I like how that it's a part of the Failed Hero timeline. I remember watching a video of that from the group called Game Theory." He looks to where Dusk had pointed to, before making his way to the machine. As they reached the machine, Dynamo takes Dusk off of his shoulders and gently sets him down back on his feet. "I have a better idea. We can each take a turn on a dungeon. Maybe take a few minutes and switch. That way, we don't take control of the game in case we don't lose a life. I recall there are fairies that restore your life if you lose said life."

Button smiles and chuckles happily. "I'm really glad to hear that. I've seen Broken a few times in this arcade and she always seems happy. Yet, there are times that she can be cold and distant from others. It's good to hear that she has possibly found someone, who is really important to her and Dusk." He says as he places a comforting hand upon Night's shoulder. "I guess Dusk really hasn't had a father figure in a while, huh?" He frowns as he assumed the worst, but smiles softly. "Well, you don't have to worry. If I know Dynamo, then I know that he'll look after both Broken and Dusk. He cares about others and I know he'll make sure they find true happiness." He blushes slightly as she wiggled her eyebrows at Button. He rubs the back of his neck and chuckles. "I knew something was going on. Dynamo and Broken seem to be the ones who try crazy ideas. I won't lie to you. I was a little worried at first, but I think you're really nice and sweet. Hopefully I can get to know you better and see how things go. Would you like that, Night?" He asks as he began to start the game with Night. 

@Dynamo Pad

Dusk smiles and nods "I like that idea, and I'm sure mommy wouldn't mind if you came over to play Breath of the Wild on my Switch before you buy it, to see if you like it or not" he says with a smile "One thing mommy likes to do when either of us wants a new game, we borrow one from a rental place or off of one her friends or mine to try before we buy it, that way it won't be wasting money" he says and nods "and yeah, there are faeries that restore lives" he says as he goes to the console and picks up the controller.

Night smiles and gently touches his hand "I-I would like that very much" she says and then looks to Dynamo playing Zelda with Dusk and smiles more "and I can see what you mean, and Dynamo does seem to quite like Dusk and visa versa" she says with a sigh of relief "as for your other question, he's never had a father figure in his life, his father was killed in that bar fight during his shift, he was sent there to break it up, a month before Dusk was born"

@Akari Maverick

Dynamo smiled and nods at the offer. "I think that's an excellent idea. It's always good to try a game out before you buy it. I guess that's the reason why game demos are such a great idea." He says, before breaking out into a fit of chuckles over a recent memory. "I think that's how I was able to get into playing Overwatch. Just the vast amount of heroes and the fast paced action got me interested. The demo was pretty fun and I was sold when I gave the demo a chance." He raised an eyebrow in surprise on how Broken and Dusk borrowed a game. "I never would have thought there would be a rental place on games. I guess they are rare, since maybe some ponies might not find certain games appealing or interesting to play." He shrugged his shoulders as he didn't know the true answer. "It's still nice to hear that you are in to many games. It's good to try a game, so you don't waste money in the end." He says and nods on his previous theory. "I thought as much. It'll be better to play a dungeon at a time, so we'll both have a chance to play. I'll be your backup in case I see something approaching." He assured the young colt as Dusk had started up the game.

Button couldn't really say anything, except to return the smile with his own gentle smile. He could only frown as Night had mentioned about Dusk not having a father when he was born. "I'm really sorry to hear about that. Nobody should ever have to go through something like that." He says, before smiling in reassurance. "There's nothing to worry about. Dynamo will definitely be there for Dusk whenever he needs help and/or advice. Who knows? Maybe in the future, Dynamo will be the type of father that Dusk needs." He grinned as he watched Night expertly go through the first level. "You're not half bad at this game. You sure I haven't seen you before in this arcade?" He asks as he chuckles playfully.

@Dynamo Pad

Dusk giggles and started to play the game "I-I've never had a daddy, do you have a daddy?" he asks innocently and continues to play "Mummy and nana love me so much though and take very good care of me" he says, pausing the game and looking up at Dynamo "D-do you really like my mummy?" he asks even more innocently, noticing that Broken had begun to help customers with their swipe cards and giving them directions.

Night smiles and nods "I may have been in from time to time" she says with a giggle and looks over to see Dynamo playing with Dusk "And I think you are right, Dynamo looks like he'll be a wonderful father figure for young Dusk" she says as she continues to play the game and hums a little, her tail lightly twirling itself around Button's.

@Akari Maverick

Dynamo couldn't help in smiling at how happy Dusk was being. He frowned slightly as he looked away slightly to avoid answering the question. He felt awful about talking about this sort of thing to someone, who was young and probably couldn't understand. He felt he could feel a lump form in his throat. Making it a little difficult to make him speak. He was about to answer, but was saved as the game made a sound effect. "Oh! Hey, look at that! You found an extra heart container. Great job, little buddy!" He cheered, while ruffling his mane playfully. "Also, I'm really sorry to hear that you never had a father before." He noticed Dusk had momentarily paused the game as the young colt looked up to him. He smiled softly and closed his eyes, before nodding in confirmation. "I do like your mommy, Dusk. Your mother is kind, nice, funny and really caring of you and others. Why do you ask?" He asks as he looked up briefly to see Broken, who was helping out other customers with their game cards.

Button nods at Night's remark. "I guess it was before I started working here. I don't recall ever seeing you at the arcade before. I remember Pinball Wizard putting me in charge about a year ago, but I could be wrong." He shrugged his shoulders, before watching Dynamo playing a game together with Dusk. He thought he had heard something about the subject of fathers and frowned. "I guess they both have something in common." He commented, before turning his attention to Dusk. "I don't think it'd be right to talk to Dusk about this, but Dynamo doesn't have a father, as well. He passed away about a year ago. It wasn't by accident or by another pony, but by medical reasons." he explained, but smiles at Night's idea. "I think it would be nice for Dusk to have a father figure. It'll be like passing the torch from father to son, so to speak." He continued to play the game and noticed Night twirl her tail around his own tail. He didn't say anything, but twirled his own tail around her tail.

@Dynamo Pad

Dusk nods, he didn't quite understand why Dynamo had avoided the question, but he didn't press the issue as he was having too much fun playing the game, how-ever to the more adult eyes of Broken Record, she could tell something was up. As there weren't any customers needing or wanting help at the moment, she goes over to them "Dusky sweetie, mummy is just going to borrow Dynamo for a bit" she says as she takes Dynamo to the side "Sweetheart?" she asks, nuzzling him "What's wrong? Did Dusky say or ask something inappropriate?" she asks.

Night nods and looks over to Broken stealing Dynamo away a moment and shakes her head "Then at least Dynamo will understand" she says and closes her eyes a moment while Button takes a turn "He will be a good influence on Dusk though" she says and looks back to Button "He's been kind of lonely to be honest, so it is rather nice to see him enjoying himself now"