Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching A New Kingdom OCC and Sign up

Jedishy

Heyo, can I get a recap on what's been happening? I'm planning on helping to bring everybody together. At the moment two of my characters are free agents and can move into where everyone else is (once I get the recap I can find out where) and then I can help get Luna and Kapi in as well If Loud Opinion is down for that. 

• Brohoof 1

Sounds good to me. Thus far, Thanos and Arete are in the party room, I think Sweet Comforts faded away from existence, Derpy is with Thanos, and Cadence is on her way to the party. I was planning on starting the party in my next post by bringing the Silver family in. Gold Dust and Jaded are on their way to the party with the Gold family behind them, and Limbo Dreams is in the castle gardens with Granite.

Also, Blue Thorn is off landscaping somewhere in Equestria trying his best to ignore the call to adventure BTW. If anyone wants to interact with him, they'll have to have to take the initiative (or ask nicely) because I haven't thought of a role for him for the midway part of the story.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

Sorry if Luna's actions don't make that much sense, I didn't see the last post until after I posted.

Just to clear things up, was Limbo talking to herself when she saw Granite or was she talking to him?

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

@Janicethelight,

To be honest, I think the story needed a bit of tension. I like the call back to the episode were the dignitaries were waking up Twilight.

@ExplosionMare,

Limbo's not very used to interacting with others. Everything she said was out loud but she was mostly talking at Granite, not to him

What do you mean by “at” him?

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

I'm a little confused about what's going on in the celebration room. When I said that Luna wasn't making much sense in my last post was it completely ignored or was some of it canon?

I think you can chalk it up to how confused the whole celebration room is in general. It took me awhile to parse out enough information to even make my post. I have to say I'm really not a fan of some of the colors being used to signify certain ponies talking. Some of it is so hard to read I had to highlight the text just so I wouldn't get a headache looking at it.

@Janicethelight yours in particular are using some particularly hard to read colors on a white background. If you could use darker shades of those colors I would greatly appreciate it. 

Edited by Buck Testa

I know I was missing some context in my last post. I just want to know how much got registered.

@Buck Testa,

I think the big reasons the colors are hard to read is because the defaults that the site provides aren't very practical. It took me a little bit of fiddling to get Luna's color out of the more colors option and I have to copy paste from earlier posts to keep it consistent, but its worth it to me because it really breaks up the monotony of my very long posts.

2 minutes ago, Loud Opinion said:

I know I was missing some context in my last post. I just want to know how much got registered.

@Buck Testa,

I think the big reasons the colors are hard to read is because the defaults that the site provides aren't very practical. It took me a little bit of fiddling to get Luna's color out of the more colors option and I have to copy paste from earlier posts to keep it consistent, but its worth it to me because it really breaks up the monotony of my very long posts.

I'm not really a fan of colored text in general. A novel doesn't need to make it's text into different colors to let you know when one character or another is speaking, I don't particularly see why you would need to have it be different in an rp. You could just as easily indicate who is talking by descriptive text. 

And yes the blaring white that is the sites default is certainly no friend to the eyes, though I'm not sure exactly how to change that. 

@Buck Testa, By sight default I meant the options the site gives you when you select the 'text color' option. I agree that one should never relly on formats like color, bold, underline, etc. to make your writing better, but I still think the effect is worth it even if it's entirely unnecessary. It's getting off topic though, so a response along this line will have to be through PMs.

• 2 weeks later...